Divine Flooring Employee Reviews

Only good if you need experience
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2019
I worked there for just over 1 year, busted my butt every single day and was "promoted" but they wouldn't tell anyone and refused to increase my pay even though I was doing 3 jobs at once. Worked with several of the managing partners at the time, most of which are no longer with the company, and couldn't provide answers when needed.

They focus on putting out fires only and treat you great until they disagree with anything you have to say. Don't bank on any training, I was told to "Google" any information I didn't know.

I was let go because I refused to work for less money than a male counterpart who was far less qualified.

They expanded too quickly and poor management drives away all the best employees with blatant lies and misleading promises.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
You'll hate your life
bad decisions by management
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary16 July 2018
I worked here for a short time. At first, very accommodating. They provided the things I needed to do the job. But in a fail swoop, I was let go for no reason. Really took me by surprise. Not sure if it was because I asked too many questions (I had to revamp their safety culture). Either way, they were nice but the sudden decisions they make only confirms what many on here say. I heard it from employees at the time. I would not recommend them to anyone.
Pros
nice interview
Cons
anything after you are hired
bad management
employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2018
As they let people go, for one reason or another, the work gets piled onto the remaining workers.
Management has blinders on to the work that is going on around them and don't actually listen to their employees. They see the bottom line numbers only, don't care about employees.
Change is good for company growth but constant change never allows one to perfect the process.
Many 'unprofessional' things going on in office on a regular basis.
Only positive for me in this working experience was the friends i have made.
I can see the management being the demise of Divine.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Great team atmosphere and work environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
flexible work hours, generous compensation package and team atmosphere is awesome!

overall fun office to work at and strong management team helps out in all departments
Pros
team culture, employee relations, compensation
Cons
sometimes can be too fast paced
Company doesn't care about their employees!
Administration (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB20 September 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. They will back door you in a heartbeat, doesn't matter how long you've been there. I saw really good people lose their jobs just because they didn't agree with management. They will make promises they never intend to keep and they overwork their staff. Once you've been there for a number of years they have no problem replacing you in order to pay less for the position. You will give give give and get nothing nothing nothing! No training....no communication but it's up to you to figure it out.
Good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
I loved the job always busted my tail for this company Neverending work load;never took my holidays,but when the economy slowed down they made up bogus reasons to fire people,bad management
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Bad management
Excellent Management
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
The management at Divine cares deeply about their staff, and are always willing to coach and train staff to succeed. The compensation is excellent, with many benefits.
Great Cultural work place
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  6717 Fairmount Drive Se30 December 2016
The time I spent with Divine was an amazing experience. They provided me with all the training I needed to be successful with the company. Co workers were always willing to help when I had questions and the leadership was great all around.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Provides a ton of experience
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2015
This was one of my favourite jobs as I enjoyed the fast paced environment and interaction within a team. It provided me with a ton of experience in flooring and was a great investment