Diversified Transportation Employee Reviews

Management is TERRIBLE
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC8 November 2018
The management in Fort St John hires based on religious background. Complaints to her manager about bullying and bias are ignored even though complaints come from several employees. Worst manager and worst company ever!
Pros
Not even allowed to say Happy Birthday because of most of the staffs religious beliefs
Cons
Everything sucks and they often fail inspections because poor fleet management
Dedication and Loyalty
Motor Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray,Alberta4 September 2018
One of our core values is Dedication and as diversified employees have a strong work ethic. We demonstrate perseverance and commitment.
Moreover at Diversified transportation,our relationships with our customers,community and team are based on truth and reliability.
enjoyable
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC29 August 2018
Good people to work with, Decent income for part time work. Management changes to much. lots of travelling. can have good job gigs if wanted. would work there again
"School Bus Drivers" Deceptive Hiring Practices - Look Elsewhere!
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Various Locations, BC23 August 2018
Job Description promises work but doesn't deliver!.

Verify by checking their website for your particular region and job.
Job description uses terms like "you will be driving approximately 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon", "You will be assigned a route that falls between the hours of 6:30 am - 9:30 am in the morning and between 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm in the evening".
When in fact "you will" not be guaranteed "any" hours but instead are put on an existing "casual callout list" that already has many casuals on it.
By examining senority lists it become evident that you may be on casual list for "years" before you secure a route!

One of their core values is "Integrity" which is obviously not practiced,
"Safety" is another core value that really does not carry much weight when they don't allow enough time to do proper Pre-Trip inspections when they only afford you 1/2 hour to do. In all honesty, many reputable operators will do an proper inspection while others will short change their inspections due to company's pay allowance od only 1/2 hr.

On the positive side (one of few) the in house training to get your class 2 license was excellent. It's worth putting in the time (2 weeks) if your want to get your class 2 but in all reality if you are wanting to drive you will grow old waiting for descent hours and a descent pay check from this company.
I truly hope this helps you make a informed choice - I didn't as I was unaware of all of this until I had been there for several days of training.
One other important item: you are added to the existing "casual
  more... list" based on the "pick of the draw". After you finish their training course all the trainees names are put in a hat and drawn for senority. If you are the last drawn then as slight as your chances of getting your "own route" has diminished from next to "0" in several years to ???? LOL, LOL, LOL.  less
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Unfair hiring practice
Good company overall, management a little distant/hard to reach sometines.
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2018
Good company overall, a little hard to get information/answers at times. They need a supervisor in the garages at all times to help direct traffic and help drivers get their buses out and get going.
Pros
Good stable company.
Cons
Hard to find a manager for help at times.
Operational Company with ice cream Fridays
Employee Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 August 2018
Typical day is a continuous stream of drivers requesting services, management tend to micromanage which has been the hardest part, most enjoyable is the drivers, so sweet and friendly. I learned with this company that not is all that it seems.
Maintenance fort Mac kay
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Mac kay29 July 2018
If you like working in the zoo then diversified is for you, dirty grease company . Would not recommend my dog work their let alone a human. Only lies
Pros
Money was good but not worth the anxiety or stress
Cons
To many to list lies lies lies, from salary to loa said you gets 1300 when I was in the interview process only gets 800
best company in fortmcmurray
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 July 2018
this is one of the best company i worked for ,offers good benefits and salary and the company is unionized .management is very cooperative and always try to do best for there employees and for the clients as well.
Unprofessional company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 July 2018
The worse company to work for, they try in any way to scam your hours. Operation managers who most of them don’t know they are doing, cheap to the point they keeping us without flexible shuttle to take us when finishing our shift.
Great company
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2018
Great company to work for...they are always striving to ensure we succeed. Fly in and fly out, lodging and meals are included. Great employees and management.

Want to know more about Diversified Transportation?

Ask a question
Excellent place to work
Site Supervisor & Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2018
great staff and co workers, maintenance shops take care of you. very flexible employment. They offer many different areas where you can work and if you want to stay close or head out to camps they can work to your needs.
Pros
good pay and equiptment
Cons
can get laid off in slow seasons
Great Company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 May 2018
I enjoyed the bus driving and coach driving because it gave us an opportunity to meet new people. The company was great to work for. the hardest part of the job sometimes was the long rides.
Great company to work for
HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2018
Great company to work for. A typical day was busy, management was fair, the work place was quiet. The hardest part about my job was not being able to finish a job before hometime.
Awesome place to work with great people.
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 April 2018
Diversified is a great company to work for with lots of opportunity for advancement if you put the work in. Core values and safety are paramount to the culture at this company and it shows in its results and success.
Pros
The people.
Fun place to work.
Bus operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 April 2018
Amazing staff from all over the world and canada. The company buses are well maintained. The training is top class. We had 2 weeks of training and then we went through thorough mentoring. I surely miss those days
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
Split shifts
I enjoyed my time driving here
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC9 April 2018
Had to be sharp, watch for other drivers on the road
Job was easy, hours were 50/50 good
split shift , pre trips bus cleaning mandatory
Would do another project if in the area.
Pros
split shift
Cons
not enough work
Not a good place to work
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2018
This company isn't a good place to work. The management isn't good to work for. I would never recommend anyone work here. The shifts are bad, there really isn't any job security for a union company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything including management and the union
fun place to be with
Coach Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2018
very friendly environment to be with and good job to meet friends . but some stress from some issues like to know all detailed when new routs established .
Pros
na
Cons
not long hrs
Never burnt a bridge - why start now!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2018
My work experience with DTL was my own. Each person should develop their own experience, opinion and attitude towards an employer, and I have never burnt a bridge with a previous employer, so I am not about to start now.
Dtl
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
very fast paced environment. would be nice if there were more advancement opportunities within the organization and more value put on current employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.