Diversified Transportation

Diversified Transportation Employee Reviews

Free room and board and flights home

Featured review

Diversified Transportation selected this as a representative review
Drove workers from camp to the job site and picked them up at night. Learned to sleep in the morning after breakfast and my first run were over. Management was pretty easy to get along with. My co workers were fun and for the most part easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was Wed. night. It was still an early morning but that night was late pickups from the airport and you still had to get up early the next day to do your run. The most enjoyable part was the driving and the guys I drove. They were friendly and respectful and it was a pleasure to go to work,

Pros

2weeks in 1 week out...flown home

Cons

split shifts with very early and very late hours

Energetic professional

It was fun to work there before I had children then it was difficult to find child care for split shift workers otherwise I would have never quit work

Pros

Lots of free time

Cons

Split shift

Fun work

The job was fun, and relaxing, and I would do it again. I had great experience working with Diversified. The benefits were great. The co-workers were easy to get along with.

Great place to work if you can manage the early hours and split shifts

If you can manage waking up by 3am and reporting for work by 4:15, this is a well organized company with thorough training and safety protocols in place. Staff are friendly and help ful. Management is easy to approach and responsive

Pros

Personnel are knowledgeable friendly and helpful

Cons

Very early start times

Outstanding company!!!

Excellent experience in all aspects!!!Loved working for Diversified!Management was phenomenal!Work was amazing and stressful free!Looking forward to working with them in the future.I highly recommend Diversified!!!

Pros

Relaxed!

Cons

None!

Diversified transportation is fun and very productive work place.

Diversified is a great company. I recommends for anyone who very passionate/ hard working/ safety oriented driver. I really enjoyed driving with diversified.

Pros

good salary

Cons

split shift

No respect

One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. They preach about respect and working together and when an issue arose told me if i didn't like it to turn in my paper work.

Pay is not too bad

Work was easy.The hours worked are unreasonable.Split shift is one thing. The required time "you" need to dedicate to the job and time paid for are miles apart.Travel from camp to site is at your time on your dime.Getting up at 0200hrs to start busses before you start your shift no time to get back to camp unless you stay at the camp close to the yard.Camp eating facility closes before you can get back from your run,Have worked for 14 days without a hot meal Only out of the bag up room and microwaveable meals that are mostly terrible. You are a number to the company. You are a friend to most other drivers. The dispatch preaches come to work well rested. That is not possible at the camp sites. Your shift can end from a bus move at 1100pm because you had to wait for the driver shuttle and you can be up again at 0200 to start busses for days on end.

Pros

Hard to get fired

Cons

free time you need to put in to do your job

I loved working for them in Fort McMurray and really enjoyed the experience I had never thought I would enjoy camp life and odd hours but I did enjoy working for them and would definitely go back if I the opportunity

Pros

Free flights to work

Cons

Weird hours

This is a very fun place to work, they have all kinds of events going on.

They teach you everything you need to know. How to drive the bus, student management, Industrial first aid etc. The start times differ from each other. Its a split shift morning and afternoon run. You get paid for 4 hours a day unless your run happens to be longer than that, or you sign up for extra work. There are a lot of different people that work here, most are good, you will always have the odd grump :) . Holidays are the same as the kids would get so winter, spring, summer etc. The office staff and mgt are all awesome!!

Pros

Great job for a semi retired person or a second job.

Cons

It is not a full time job!!

It’s good money and the’ll make you work for it

Sleep deprivation, split shift, road stress are just the beginning. You’ll always be tired, your body is going to break. No time to eat well or exercise. You are expected to be fit for duty even on our days off. Limited vacation flexibility because no seniority when you start. The money is good ish but it’s not like it use to be. Stay way if you can afford it, your life, spouse, and future body/self will tank you.

Pros

Uniforms with boots are paid for, most coach are nice to drive, money is better than most place

Cons

Splitshits, drivers are expandable, 21 on 7 off rotations

Not all that the advertise

Front line management are constantly preaching the corporate core values. Yet, they are seriously lacking in respecting their staff, and have next to no accountability or integrity in making decisions

Inclusive and safe place to work

With the new, pandemic environment, at Syncrude shut down, I was impressed with the ongoing scrutiny to make the workplace and living space safer and workable.Diversified policy of being ethnically diversified made the workplace more interesting, especially from meeting so many people from different backgrounds. I appreciated the opportunity to meet and explore different communities from around the globe.

Very open and respectful company to work for, in my mind!

I would attend worksite around 4am and make sure all paperwork and routes to complete had not changed, do my pre-check of coach, drive to my staging point, start my pick ups on time and drop passengers off at their respective spots on the Suncor/Syncrude plant sites. I would then pick up staff getting off shift on site and return them to their respective spots back in Fort McMurray. I would then return to the depot and do my post trip of coach before signing out for the morning. In the evening follow the same as above for the evening shift (split shifts). Management were great and appreciated a good worker!! Hardest part of the job was dealing with drivers that were never happy in their job and constantly complained. The best part of the job was the interaction with our customers.

Productive and fun work place

If you enjoy to drive and don’t mind stress situations where you get to challenge your self in how to and resolve this obstacle definitely this is the right place to work for great people and management.

Pros

Split shift

Cons

Fair hours

Good culture

I miss working at diversified a good group of people who are very supportive and understanding. The best on job training i havr ever experienced in all my careers. Wonderful and skiled operations manager

Great company to work for.

Diversified fleet of vehicles are hands down by far a well productive road automotive service company and so much more. I have soent an amazing year becoming a heavybtechnican with them in the past. Servicing various road coaches and more. This company provides a wide array of work, good communication and well knot team members.

Pros

Constant learning

Cons

Tasks may vary and.may be tedious due to take but the job never is the same.

Clicky, favoritism, cheap,

Watch your back. Employees spread rumors around about everything, and tell lies about others. They are clicky and have there special groups. Management only cares about kissing the school boards but, and don't care about their employees, they pkay favoritism among the drivers. Poor equipment maintainence, poor yard maintainence in the winter time.

Pros

Spring break off, christmas break off, summers off.

controled caios

Management will stab you in the back ,supervisor will through you under the bus first chance they get.bla bla blaaaaha haha hhhahhahhhha bhlahhh and blah ha ha....

Pros

pay

Cons

split shifts

It was ok

I loved to drive, they gave me the opportunity to advance. Started from School bus type bus then coach then as a mentor and joined the training department.

Great company to work for.

I have been with this company since 2006, one of the best company I have ever worked for.The big one is friendly work environment also The management is great ,Listens to your concerns and follows up with you.

Pros

Living allowance, Friendly staff and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement