Diversified Transportation
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Working at Diversified Transportation: Latest Diversified Transportation Reviews

Canada188 reviews

splitbusdrivercampshiftdrivingsafetytransportation

Fun work

Featured review

Diversified Transportation selected this as a representative review
The job was fun, and relaxing, and I would do it again. I had great experience working with Diversified. The benefits were great. The co-workers were easy to get along with.

Brutal work environment

Brutal work environment. You're treated extremely poorly by customers and management does nothing to rectify anything. You're constantly in unsafe situations while working at night, and receive a run around anytime you talk to anyone higher up about it. Below minimum wage with zero raises after any amount of time no matter how much you work or how hard you work. Promise of a pay increase after 3 months but it never happens. High turnaround of employees ( saw multiple people who had been there for 10 plus years quit because of the environment), in the few months I was there was multiple people who quit after being there for a week because of how little the hourly pay is for the amount of issues you have to deal with.

Pros

Cheap bus trips

Cons

Unsafe environment, rude customers, garbage pay

Insights into Diversified Transportation

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

It's all about the customer - management / worker disconnectt

Decent money based on the industry but better opportunity if you're looking for a job in fort McMurray. You get to pay for a pushover union here - all they do is justify managements decisions. This place use to be run so much better till this latest collection came in. Now that we're proudly owned by a US company I can't see it getting better.

Pros

Maintained buses, good riders, great drivers

Cons

Management, pay, hours worked

A management first culture

A disconnect between staff and management unable to follow labour laws or employees concerns . Split shifts become tiring without much time off to rest . They do not care about staff morale and the company has a if you don't like it here leave mentality .

Pros

Paid flights

Cons

Ssplit shifts barely 8 hours off between shifts

Quite a variety of jobs available

Diversified is named well, in that it has a very diverse selection of job, job locations, shift or rotation schedules etc.They provide extensive training suited specifically for whatever job you do.

Pros

Transportation is provided, along with uniforms, and safety equipment where necessary

Cons

work away from home sometimes

The workplace was productive

Diversified is a great company where one finds every employee from multicultural backgrounds. Such a great company to start up. Diversified has one of the best equipment to do the job right.

Decent enough company but have a few politics

Easy Job. Just drive and dont hit anything and you should be fine. They are politics within but just do your job and go home. They will find a way to get rid of you when they are ready to.

Pros

Easy relaxed job

Cons

Politics within

Good place to work sometimes caos but mostly good. Dispatch good and helpful ops good and helpful. People working there are a good bunch of people to work with.

I enjoy the flexibility of the job.

Management are good at explaining what to do. I like working with different people. It’s a job that is as enjoyable as you make it. If you want to advance you can. It can be hard on family life if you live far but not if you live close.

Pros

Saving money on food, gas and lodging if living in camp.

Cons

Weeks away from home. Not much to do at camp.

Ok place to work

High turn over and weird hours but good money and long term stability if u can hack the hours. It has nice buses and decent staff but some are not so nice.

Company could be run much better

10 core values only applies to drivers not management. Last 14 days working there had 8 different buses and 8 different routes. Double split shifts make it difficult to sleep. Management seems scared to make the simplest changes

Pros

Good camps

Cons

Double and triple split shifts and still only get 8 hrs pay per day.

I DO NOT have anything “positive” to say about this company!!!

Do NOT work for this company!!!They are one of the most “DISRESPECTFUL”Negative companies I have ever worked forin my life!!!!The only way this would work for “anybody”is if was only “fly in, fly out” and they paid youat least $250.00 a day

Friendly and respectful and helpful

Fair and respectful employer. Great training opportunity with skilled instructors. If your looking for a part time job this job is great. Driving can be challenging in the winter

I loved working at diversified

I had always maintained a good work ethic with everyone at diversified, when I had injured my knee they were pretty good for putting me to work in the office.

Great work experience.

Excellent to work for.Great people no stress pay is appropriate would recommend.Excellent people to work for.Excelent company respect of workers willing to make sure you are happy.

Great coworkers

Management was pretty good except for supervisor thinking they are top boss, made lots of friends but simple minded supervision we had 1 or two the rest wheir pretty laid back and fun to be around

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

1 bad supervisor

Unfortunately, its unorganized and barley qualified as a shop

Though it was a great experience honing my skills as a mechanic the lack of equipment and basic shop tools made maintenance and repairs difficult and unnecessarily problematic. Scheduling for repairs and maintenance proven to be difficult. Data entry has been outdated and troublesome.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Poor management and technical information, outdated computers software and hardware

Energetic professional

It was fun to work there before I had children then it was difficult to find child care for split shift workers otherwise I would have never quit work

Pros

Lots of free time

Cons

Split shift

Great place to work if you can manage the early hours and split shifts

If you can manage waking up by 3am and reporting for work by 4:15, this is a well organized company with thorough training and safety protocols in place. Staff are friendly and help ful. Management is easy to approach and responsive

Pros

Personnel are knowledgeable friendly and helpful

Cons

Very early start times

Outstanding company!!!

Excellent experience in all aspects!!!Loved working for Diversified!Management was phenomenal!Work was amazing and stressful free!Looking forward to working with them in the future.I highly recommend Diversified!!!

Pros

Relaxed!

Cons

None!

Productive and friendly environment

I am happy with everything around and see forward carrier to me and all my fellow colleagues at all times and it is place for success in the future that is all i can say

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement