Diversified Staffing Services Employee Reviews

Poor Upper Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2018
If your value your integrity don't work here. Awful treatment of certain types of woman and a culture to turn the blind eye. If you won't go with it they will terminate you with severance pay. You will be better off somewhere else.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Upper Management
Steer clear if you don't like unwelcomed creepy advances
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2018
I was excited to start the position but over the months was soon to be disappointed. The work office environment was terrible on top of the harassment by upper management. When I made myself clear in a very respectful manner that I do not tolerate any unprofessional locker room type of male behavior I was called into a meeting and given severance. I wouldn't be surprised if they were or are in some kind of harassment litigation - yes it was that serious for me but I chose to just move on. If you are a female who does not like being hit on constantly even when you are clear that you are not available steer clear of this company.
Cons
Harassment by male upper management
Are the jobs they're posting actually available?
Aspiring Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 June 2018
I have to give them a bad review not because I had a bad experience but because I have yet to work in the 2 months since I joined up.

This is strange as they're continually posting for the very positions that I told them I was interested in and have experience doing.

Are these jobs actually available as advertised or are they just after our information?
Pros
I'll let you know if I actually get some work.
Cons
The sound of crickets chirping instead of the sound of my phone ringing.
Free coffee while you wait for a job
Order Picker/ Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2018
Phone the day before you would like to work. They will contact you on phone for any repeat jobs or ASAP work.

Most clients have work sheets that they fax in so you can be paid the following week. I like the fact they will direct deposit your pay and let you view your paystub on-line.
Pros
free coffee and open late.
Cons
They have their favorites. So it is hard to get an in at first.
High turnover workplace, poor management
Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2018
Poor salary, high turnover of staff, boys club mgt, burns bridges with employees and clients, no work-life balance, no opportunity for advancement, poor vacation and benefits, terrible place to work.
Cons
Long hours, terrible treatment of staff, no advancement, high turnover
If you're thinking about working in their office. Just don't.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Bad Management no performance reviews or feedback. No incentives for performance. Promote mediocrity Volatile ownership. Privately held company. No disclosure. Regularly violate labour laws. Termination without cause or notice is fairly common. They just pay you out severance and move on. You'd think that a company that is family held would have loyalty to their employees but they don't.
Pros
Flexible about start and finish time
Cons
Everything else
21 March 2018

We pride ourselves on our culture of open communication; I encourage you to speak with myself at any time.

Ben Hutchins
Internal Resources Manager
403-444-9606
ben.hutchins@diversifiedstaffing.com

good place to work
Laborer through Diversified (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2018
if your down on your luck they will keep you busy. Good place to work. staffing services keep you busy if you get there early you will find work. pay isn't great but it pays the bills.
21 March 2018

Thank you for your rating! Have a tremendous day! Should you ever need to reach out, do not hesitate to call. 403-237-5577

Quick and efficient
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
I got a temporary position within the first two weeks that I applied. Love how they pay every week.

The company I worked for was great, very friendly.
22 December 2017

Thank you for your rating! Should you ever need to reach out, don’t hesitate to call us at 403-237-5577.

22 December 2017

Productive company and job placment.
Forklift Operator/Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2017
This company has placed me in three jobs with permanent/ Full time work in the shipping and receiving field. They have great staff that are very helpful and understanding.
22 December 2017

it's another day here in the city.
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Blah blah blah, it is irrelevant what I say or do here because of course I no longer workhere at this company. So therefore, do not question my motives of what I do. thank you.
22 December 2017

Want to know more about Diversified Staffing Services?

Ask a question
Good temp agency, steady work.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2017
The pay with Diversified is decent, with safety tickets I rarely ever get less than $15/Hr. One thing that I didn't like was how they'd send me to jobs that involve concrete dust and for respiratory protection they gave me 2 white dust masks for an 8 hour shift. After the first job I did like this I asked for a North or 3M half mask the second time around but they didn't have the proper respiratory protection for that job, so I missed out because of that. Other than that, they are one of the better temp agencies in Edmonton.
Pros
Decent pay, good people, weekly pay.
Cons
Insufficient respiratory protective equipment.

Its was temperary
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2017
It gave me new job and work experiences thanks to this temporary agency i have a lot more knowledge with new things and tried a variety of different jobs

Temp Associate
Temporary Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
I enjoy working for different companies, meeting new people and acquiring new skills. I have worked with 2 Coordinators at Diversified Staffing and both have been great they have kept me busy since I applied. They give me new assignments as soon as I ask for them.
Temp work is pretty awesome- as it is stress free!
Through Temp work you get to build connections with multiple companies or institutions.
Pros
Easy Assignments and you make your own Schedule. You provide your availability
Cons
Pay is average/No Benefits
22 December 2017

Diverse work places that helps acquire a lot of experience in a short amount of time.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
A typical day of work is showing up at the designated client location and performing tasks given. It can vary from construction work to warehouse or just general cleaning. The workplace culture is not always the best because most people tend to be unsociable or unexcited for their work. The hardest part about the job is getting to the different job locations.
Pros
No fixed schedule
Cons
Not the most reliable and the pay is decent

Lots of work if wanted
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
Is a temp agency bonus is u can take all the work u can get. But also say no if u need a day off. Can be anywhere around the city or outside the city. If your good they call u back many times
Pros
Lots of work if wanted
Cons
Pay

Very diversified
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
There are so many different opportunities this company has to offer. The job is flexible where you basically choose your jobs and hours. Great initial starting pay. Nice unique experiences and opportunities that can even lead to permanent work.
Pros
Free lunches usually, very diversified opportunities, flexible

Got me great temp jobs
Temporary Data Entry and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
They are a great, hardworking group of people dedicated to finding the right workers for the right jobs to provide their clients with the best service possible. Great place to work and they provided me with many great opportunities over the years. Check them out if you're looking for the best temp workers or if your looking for good contract based work.

Good work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore5 April 2017
Normal temp work , ranging from customer service and lots of housekeeping , long hours and mostly full time , good company and I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay

terrible!
potential canddiate (Former Employee) –  potential job location14 March 2017
I had a brief pre screening interview with the receptionist and she wasn't friendly at all!

I met up with a fellow recruiter whom made it sound so promising that a job will come my way as long as: i completed the computer test, send in my banking information, and give them references. I've done all of them and now i'm being forgotten by the recruiter.

I personally wouldn't suggest anyone who's looking for a job or even desperate for a job come here. do yourself a favour and go elsewhere! it's for the best!
Pros
the recruiter is semi nice
Cons
you've been forgotten along with 20+ other potential candidates they're seeing as well
22 December 2017

Thank you for your rating! Based on your review, should you ever need to reach out, don’t hesitate to call us at 403-237-5577 ext. 2401.

Flexible and Friendly Workplace
Assistant Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
My main responsibilities were data entry, taking work orders, dispatching temporary workers, and answering any questions workers or employers had. The management here was excellent. The managers allowed my work schedule to be extremely flexible as I was a full time student trying to maintain a full time job. The manager would purchase pizza and pop for the staff every friday. They held many potlucks and had a wonderful Christmas party. The compensation was more than reasonable given the responsibilities of the job. This was a slower paced work environment most of the time. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Pizza friday, good compensation, flexible
Cons
slow paced work environment
22 December 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversified Staffing Services Reviews by Location