Diversified Staffing Services Employee Reviews

High turnover workplace, poor management
Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2018
Poor salary, high turnover of staff, boys club mgt, burns bridges with employees and clients, no work-life balance, no opportunity for advancement, poor vacation and benefits, terrible place to work.
Cons
Long hours, terrible treatment of staff, no advancement, high turnover
If you're thinking about working in their office. Just don't.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Bad Management no performance reviews or feedback. No incentives for performance. Promote mediocrity Volatile ownership. Privately held company. No disclosure. Regularly violate labour laws. Termination without cause or notice is fairly common. They just pay you out severance and move on. You'd think that a company that is family held would have loyalty to their employees but they don't.
Pros
Flexible about start and finish time
Cons
Everything else
21 March 2018

We pride ourselves on our culture of open communication; I encourage you to speak with myself at any time.

Ben Hutchins
Internal Resources Manager
403-444-9606
ben.hutchins@diversifiedstaffing.com

Quick and efficient
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
I got a temporary position within the first two weeks that I applied. Love how they pay every week.

The company I worked for was great, very friendly.
22 December 2017

Thank you for your rating! Have a tremendous day! Should you ever need to reach out, do not hesitate to call. 403-237-5577

22 December 2017

Thank you for your rating! Should you ever need to reach out, don’t hesitate to call us at 403-237-5577.

22 December 2017

Productive company and job placment.
Forklift Operator/Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2017
This company has placed me in three jobs with permanent/ Full time work in the shipping and receiving field. They have great staff that are very helpful and understanding.
22 December 2017

it's another day here in the city.
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Blah blah blah, it is irrelevant what I say or do here because of course I no longer workhere at this company. So therefore, do not question my motives of what I do. thank you.
22 December 2017

Good temp agency, steady work.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2017
The pay with Diversified is decent, with safety tickets I rarely ever get less than $15/Hr. One thing that I didn't like was how they'd send me to jobs that involve concrete dust and for respiratory protection they gave me 2 white dust masks for an 8 hour shift. After the first job I did like this I asked for a North or 3M half mask the second time around but they didn't have the proper respiratory protection for that job, so I missed out because of that. Other than that, they are one of the better temp agencies in Edmonton.
Pros
Decent pay, good people, weekly pay.
Cons
Insufficient respiratory protective equipment.

Its was temperary
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2017
It gave me new job and work experiences thanks to this temporary agency i have a lot more knowledge with new things and tried a variety of different jobs

Temp Associate
Temporary Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
I enjoy working for different companies, meeting new people and acquiring new skills. I have worked with 2 Coordinators at Diversified Staffing and both have been great they have kept me busy since I applied. They give me new assignments as soon as I ask for them.
Temp work is pretty awesome- as it is stress free!
Through Temp work you get to build connections with multiple companies or institutions.
Pros
Easy Assignments and you make your own Schedule. You provide your availability
Cons
Pay is average/No Benefits
22 December 2017

Diverse work places that helps acquire a lot of experience in a short amount of time.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
A typical day of work is showing up at the designated client location and performing tasks given. It can vary from construction work to warehouse or just general cleaning. The workplace culture is not always the best because most people tend to be unsociable or unexcited for their work. The hardest part about the job is getting to the different job locations.
Pros
No fixed schedule
Cons
Not the most reliable and the pay is decent

Lots of work if wanted
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
Is a temp agency bonus is u can take all the work u can get. But also say no if u need a day off. Can be anywhere around the city or outside the city. If your good they call u back many times
Pros
Lots of work if wanted
Cons
Pay

Very diversified
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
There are so many different opportunities this company has to offer. The job is flexible where you basically choose your jobs and hours. Great initial starting pay. Nice unique experiences and opportunities that can even lead to permanent work.
Pros
Free lunches usually, very diversified opportunities, flexible

Got me great temp jobs
Temporary Data Entry and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
They are a great, hardworking group of people dedicated to finding the right workers for the right jobs to provide their clients with the best service possible. Great place to work and they provided me with many great opportunities over the years. Check them out if you're looking for the best temp workers or if your looking for good contract based work.

Good work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore5 April 2017
Normal temp work , ranging from customer service and lots of housekeeping , long hours and mostly full time , good company and I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay

terrible!
potential canddiate (Former Employee) –  potential job location14 March 2017
I had a brief pre screening interview with the receptionist and she wasn't friendly at all!

I met up with a fellow recruiter whom made it sound so promising that a job will come my way as long as: i completed the computer test, send in my banking information, and give them references. I've done all of them and now i'm being forgotten by the recruiter.

I personally wouldn't suggest anyone who's looking for a job or even desperate for a job come here. do yourself a favour and go elsewhere! it's for the best!
Pros
the recruiter is semi nice
Cons
you've been forgotten along with 20+ other potential candidates they're seeing as well
22 December 2017

Thank you for your rating! Based on your review, should you ever need to reach out, don’t hesitate to call us at 403-237-5577 ext. 2401.

Flexible and Friendly Workplace
Assistant Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
My main responsibilities were data entry, taking work orders, dispatching temporary workers, and answering any questions workers or employers had. The management here was excellent. The managers allowed my work schedule to be extremely flexible as I was a full time student trying to maintain a full time job. The manager would purchase pizza and pop for the staff every friday. They held many potlucks and had a wonderful Christmas party. The compensation was more than reasonable given the responsibilities of the job. This was a slower paced work environment most of the time. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Pizza friday, good compensation, flexible
Cons
slow paced work environment

Friendly staff,Easy Jobs
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Its a nice place to work jobs are not hard and hours are not too long, but its been quiet these days because of the winter.. but summer time I always get work
Pros
Free coffe in the mornings
22 December 2017

Productive fast paced environment.
Reception/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
Company was enjoyable to work for. Fast paced trucking environment. Among being employed for this company I learned reception, payroll, customer service, inventory and processing orders. Management was a let down for it changed management what seemed every couple months in an 8 month period there was 3 managers. Co workers were helpful and supportive. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in dock reception greeting all incoming and outgoing drivers for their daily trips.
Pros
Gained exceptional experience
Cons
Unsteady control of managment.

It was great.
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
A day at work was great. I've learned roofing, warehouse work. Management was great. It was challenging and learning but not hard. i always enjoy work because it pays.

Scammers beware of them
Liquor demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
They advertised for a job position as a liquor demonstrator. I was called for an interview. I ended up paying them $80 (stupidly I must say because I have never fallen for scams in the past like this) with a prepayment plan to pay another $90 to send my profile to different jobs available in Calgary. Why do I have to pay for an agency to send my profile when I can physically send my resume electronically to different jobs? Well again I went with it.....the last straw was finding out I had to pay another $5 or more monthly to gain access to their online job postings and then call them to let them know I'm interested in the jobs posted. They would also take a cut out of my pay regularly. Why are you an agency again? Never have I had this happen to me in Toronto a job agency assists you in finding a job and either has a contract with your employer where they get paid or takes their cut when you get paid.... But not before even finding a job.
What's losers!!! I never went back!! Stay away from them waste of time and money.
I ended up getting a job by doing what I did before sending my resume electronically.
Pros
Cons
Everything's
22 December 2017

Thank you for your rating, however this is not consistent with our business model. Should you need to reach out, please don’t hesitate to call! 403-237-5577 ext. 2401

Safety
tammy wey (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2016
This company is NOT safe for flaggers at all! They dont care for your safety and the wage they are posting is NOT even close to what you should recieve...they will stick it to you anyway POSSIBLE!
Pros
dont work there
Cons
not worth your life
22 December 2017

Thank you for your rating! Based on your review, should you ever need to reach out, please call 403-237-5577 ext. 2401

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversified Staffing Services Reviews by Location