Diversified Staffing Services

Diversified Staffing Services Employee Reviews

If you're willing to work, they'll work you

I've been temping for these guys on and off for 3 or 4 years now. There are times when there's shortages of work, so you must get what you can take. Once you've proven yourself to be a good worker, they'll keep you working. Myself, being an unskilled labourer at the start, I gained a lot of different skills from being at so many different worksites. Made me adaptable, to the point now where last year, and now again this year, I'm working for a company that's using Diversified for their hiring pool.WHMIS 2015 and Flagperson training offered on site. Basic PPE available on request Recruiters and management are excellent, they'll help you out to the best of their ability. Extra 4% vacation money banked. Pay weekly via cheque or direct deposit

Pros

Variety of work

Cons

Sometimes theres no work, get ready to say "yes"

Welcoming and pleasant environment

Excellent work . The staff are very professional. Am impressed.They ensure safety for employees always and its first priority. The management always has employees at heart. They make sure one has PPE in case of other jobs that require more safety clothing.

Not enough money to make or hours to live and pay rent

Even though the logo says permanency possible, i have never found a permanent job with Diversified and they always told me that the work was never guaranteed. And I have had a file with them since 2012. Its honestly hwrd to pay bills and rent when you dont know how long youbhave a job fpr or if the recruiters are going to send you to another jobsite when you need a job. It made it very hard for me to stay motivated to keep working with the company.

Cons

Work never guaranteed. And no set amount of time for work given either.

Low Low Pay and nowhere jobs, don't apply

I do not recommend Diversified. I have been lied to many times. Jobs are not what you have been told. They don't have any jobs except $17/hour manual labor.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

Too many to list

If you want or value safety as I then do not work there

They do not respect safety on there job sights. They hire 19 yrs old kids to go out flagging and all those kids think there there having a pageant show and put all people into the way of death. I am a 20 yr traffic controller and have all my safety tickets plus my trainers ticket and because of having to work with people with NO COMMON SENSE AND THERE FOR PUT LIVES IN HARMS WAY.

Pros

There are none unless there hire someone whom my experience to train the young ones

Cons

There is only one chance to make the right choice. OR YOU COULD BE DEAD!!!!!

Not what I expected

I expected this job to help get experience in something new for a career. Mostly clean up work that only leads to more clean up work. No jobs that could lead to apprenticeship or something like that.

Great environment and Great coworkers

I loved working for Diversified, the staff in the office are always willing to hear you out and work with you on matters regarding work and they take care of their staff well.

Great

This company is great. They have an assortment of jobs its easy to pick and choose what is best for you. Its professional and they do their best to look after their employees. Competitive wages on site training and tickets. Smart knowledgeable staff.

Excellent place to work and people are great

Hard working environment which met all my needs. I am learning alot of new skills and new business information which helps further my career advancement.

productive work place

it was a fun and steady work place something new everyday and consistent pay always meeting new people coworkers and bosses were always easy to get along with.

Learned Skills

Was to learn skills to move on to a better job. These skills can be used in almost any profession. Any successful person from this company would thrive in another environment.

Working on the computer with outlook, excel and word, answering the telephones and resolving any questions our caseworker might have. I have received more experience with outlook and excel.

Its a good starter company

If your looking to get back to work its a good place to start. If you have a family you will look somewhere else for a higher wage. Most jobs approximately 15 to 16 per hour.

Fun place to work

I find Diversified is a great place to either gain experience for jobs or to keep yourself afloat until something more permanent comes up. The people are pleasant and helpful. It's never boring, which would be why I still work for them.

Great company

I worked for diversified as a temp and they always had work for me. It was a day Labour place so alot of labour jobs....mostly inside work . The staff was great.

warehouse is not as easy as it looks on the surface boy!

I think that working for diversified was a real experience and had some great moments and challenges along the way. I gave what I could at a timely manner and with the right staff members and team. There was room for opportunity.I learned a lot and held up to my part while on duty and followed safety protocol and safe equipment handling. I learned to interact with different cultures and with managers and staff members, while performing my task. Reported all near misses and ways to improve the work environment.

Temp Agency

Diversified is a Temp Agency, I learned a lot of skills and developed a strong working mindset from the different temp jobs I completed here and the pay is determined by the temporary employer you are dispatched to.

Productive and fun workplace

They keep me busy to help me get experience in Accounts Payable. Very friendly staff. They communicated with me on a timely bases for new jobs when they came up.

Pros

To get experience in my field.

Cons

not enough work

Contract work

I got a great contract position with this temp company but it was only about 4 weeks long and I never got any more work with them after that even though the company that I was placed in wanted to hire me. They were unable to hire me because they didn't have the money in the budget to do so, it was non-profit.

Great but low pay

Great being able to work different positions, get some different exposure. Pay is low. Young people tend not to ask for what they are worth, and I should have asked for a bit more. But I had a good experience there and would go back, and present my arguments for higher pay.

Didn’t feel right

I didn’t feel right working there, I would phone to see if work was available so I didn’t have to make the long commute to the office but I wouldn’t get a call back. Show up for work and they have nothing. The off chance you do get something, it is undesirable work regardless of work experience. Not a job for family man.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement