DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society

DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society Employee Reviews

Multicultural

A good place to work for if you are considered a minority. Otherwise, not a lot of consideration given. Good work hours. Office equipment not up to date. Great coworkers.

Great place to work!

I've always enjoyed my time working at Diversecity Community Resources Society. People that love their jobs and enjoy helping people work here. I believe they are doing great work helping Newcomers to Canada!

Low morale, very difficult place to work

Expectations were very high. 12 hours days were the norm. A lot of nepotism and favourites. Very cliquey at the top. Within 6 months from when I left, all but 2 managers also left. Looked and sounded great in interview, but in reality not at all.

Rewarding experience to work at DCRS

I worked as a Summer Student at DCRS and it gave me the exposure I needed for work in social services and it was a rewarding experience to help the community. The staff is amazing and it's a fun place to be.

leadership is deceptive

strategy changes often, affecting productivity and morale. deceptive people cause problems with collaboration and create mistrust so the team is not united.

Management is the worst ever in a non profit organization in the lower bc

Unionized environment but don't expect that they follow union rules. Management is so bad that they just work to retire and get the benefits. Management is based on favoritism.

Program Assistant

Terrible middle management. No supplies. Equipment is old and breaks down. Poor IT service. HR is inconsistent. Building in Newton is shabby. Mgmt is cheap.

Pros

Cons

Almost everything

Teach somewhere else.

Unionized environment where social workers get a 12 week ESL certificate and bump professional teachers out of their jobs. Management is either rude, intrusive or negligent. Professional development is not a priority and in fact most of the 'true' teachers are guiding management. Band aids are used to tend to amputations while those who are suffering are given a 'nod and a thank-you' then completely ignored. Mouth work and no action. These are all characteristics of a small department with more administrators than needed and fewer 'true' teachers than necessary. Government-funded paper pushers not programs. TEACH SOMEWHERE ELSE and if you are a student GO TO A DIFFERENT SCHOOL. There are way too many other options available to both teachers and students in the Surrey area.

Pros

easy to quit

Cons

unionized, unprofessional, poorly managed

Don't go on reviews, ask students and teachers

It depends on which department you work for. I can only speak for education - students (and feel free to ask any students of Diversecity whether this is true) are not cared for - they cycle through teachers every few months, never learning anything as a result, never progressing to what the point of this organisation is about - getting them to function in Canadian society. Management is TERRIBLE. Yes it's a unionised environment but that means management is made up of former employees, employees at the top of seniority do NO work while new employees will be expected to go above and beyond what is expected at any teaching job. Management is rude and inefficient and while this place USED to be great to work at, you only have to ask any teacher or student how things fare now, in comparison to other schools. You can rely on their feedback. Additionally you will spend most of your time doing jobs not in your contract - moving desks, filling time sheets, dealing with broken photocopiers, more and more paperwork as they refuse to hire anything but the most basic skeleton staff. Also worth noting, if they can get away without paying you by fiddling the math on the timesheets, or if you were to be without a job because of funding, expect them not to act professionally or fairly.

Pros

Good students

Cons

duties beyond contract, very poor management made up of former employees

Good place to get experience

Its a great company to work with. A Lot to learn everyday Experience with with diverse background and different languages Very busy environment Interaction with new immigrants

is the best

it is the best company for hiring that i found it is easy to apply and finsd desired job. irecommended to everybody to use it for better company for hiring

Excellent place to work at

I really enjoyed working at this company. Excellent management team. You finished worked on time always. Were not expected to work over time unless absolutely needed.

Not supportive

Union environment. Management is not supportive. Bumping occurs with each contract so workers are never sure of their position in the company. Benefits are good as are vacations.

Productive workplace, cordial staff and flexible environment

A unionized environment,diverse staff,cooperative and warm environment. managers and CEO are all very caring and cordial with the staff. Flexing work hours is very easy.

Pros

Well organized, excellent benefits

Cons

nothing worth mentioning

Great part-time work

For people looking for an employer that is flexible and a job that is part-time where you have a choice of hours, this is a great place to work.

ambitious and desire

-call all the customer and confirm with them about their appointments. - I learned so many things like how to organize the office and prepare all the files for the customers and how to do the statistics for the all immigrants,for example ,how many speaks Chinese language . -the management was so good because it makes everything clear so everybody knows what it is their duties for the day. my co-workers very friendly and handily we work as a team together - the hardest part was when sometimes speaks with different kind of peoples from different backgrounds. - The most enjoyable part of the job is when I participate to prepare the celebration of the anniversary Diversity day .

Busy place

A great source of help for new comers and staff are readily available to jump in and assist any way that they can. Very busy place with exposure to many different cultures.

Pros

constantly learning and growing

Cons

no proper training

Great

My experience at DIVERSECity was outstanding, not only was I given a chance to work with diverse cultures but I was also given the chance to attend conferences to further my education as a ECCE. I loved the responsibilities of setting up daily art and circle lesson according to monthly themes; as well as, working as a team with my co-workers in monthly goals and successes of each child in our care. I enjoyed my time working at DIVERSECity and will carry all my learning experiences on with me onto my next employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement