Diva International Inc. Employee Reviews

Diva is on Damage Control
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 February 2018
Diva WAS a great place to work. The company had vision and goals and we were achieving a surge in success. The team enjoyed working together and being part of something great. We had created a culture that made coming in to work enjoyable. However, since the restructuring and decrease of the team by half (including senior managers), and then the slow hiring of new staff, things went downhill very fast.

Job security is no more. Many of the staff that remain constantly live in fear of their job. We feel like sitting ducks. We've seen people be told they are safe and reassured they are a valued part of the team, only to be let go a short while later. Some have been promoted in an attempt to win their loyalty, only to be let go soon after. Decisions are made at whim and there is a lack of follow through. Team culture and employee satisfaction is on the decline. In addition, upper management makes decisions that are questionable, some of which appear to be more self-serving than serving the good of the company.

I just hope this place can turn itself around for my sake and the sake of my colleagues. I hope the founders can admit their mistakes and acknowledge that their success was due to great and hardworking individuals they simply tired of. I hope new senior management can begin to boost morale by creating authentic positive change and creating a safer space for all.
Pros
Friendly team members, fun activities, occasional free lunches
Cons
No job security, poor management, lack of good decisions, no clear vision or follow-through
Exciting company with lots going on!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 February 2018
I am one of the newer employees at Diva International. Having come from a very progressive and employee centric company I did have concerns about Diva International meeting my expectations as a company to build my career on. Not only did Diva International meet my expectations they exceeded them. The atmosphere is collaborative, voices are heard and opinions count. Management is not only supportive but transparent and understands that every employee has an important role to play and is key in making an already successful company even more successful. While there are many perks and benefits some of the ones I enjoy are: education fund, company paid RSP plan, inhouse fitness breaks, paid gym membership and much more. If you simply want to get by and are happy with the status quo then this company is not for you however if you strive to be better than average, thrive in a team environment, are an out of the box thinker and contributor then Diva International is a great place to start or continue on in your career.
Pros
Nice working and team environment.
Cons
Sometimes difficult to get to all the opportunities
Great Company to Work with
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Kitchener12 February 2018
Diva provides the best learning environment to its employees and have an approachable management. Diva has a nice work environment and flexible working hours
Exciting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON8 February 2018
I have worked at Diva for many years. I started in an intermediate roll and have been promoted as my accomplishments and initiatives have been recognized. As the company grows, there are opportunities for growth for those who have a cooperative team mentality, entrepreneurial spirit, and support the company's vision.
Diva is a fast growing, evolving company. With that comes all the benefits of growth including opportunity, competitive benefits and being part of something exciting. There is a true team mentality where all the departments and staff try to help each other out. I appreciate all the social activities that support health, well being and fun!
I enjoy working here, and I look forward to seeing new faces join our amazing team as we continue to grow.
Pros
Exciting opportunities, great benefits including gym membership, many social activities, social and environmental initiatives
Cons
A lot of work
Excellent culture and atmosphere, and plenty of opportunities to grow
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 February 2018
Having recently joined the company during this time of restructuring, it was apparent that most in the company were getting used to having new people in new positions, and working with new communication channels. Now that the people and channels are more established, the difference between four months ago and now is very positive, but still has room for improvement. As more people come to Diva, bringing experience and ideas with them, it is only going to get better.

The culture in the office is one where everyone actually talks to one another, about both work and social life, and laughter can be heard regularly from all corners of the office. There are a number of social events in the office that brings everyone together on a regular basis.

Considering that I arrived while a number of promotions took place, along with excellent potential for the company to grow, I am optimistic that I will grow with the company, both personally and professionally. By giving us the tools to do so, Diva has made it obvious that in order for the company to grow, those working within the company need to grow.

If you are looking for a place to grow and opportunities to influence an industry leader with new ideas, I would highly recommend coming to join us during this exciting new chapter at Diva International.
Pros
Culture, Atmosphere, Growth
Cons
New Management Structure
Looking to succeed? Look elsewhere
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2018
Diva used to be a great place to work - excellent management team, proper business plan, vision and company culture. Unfortunately there was a drastic change in upper management and the company is now the worst work environment.

The turnover rate is atrociously high and people are let go depending which way the wind blows.

The hardest part of the job was going to a building where everyone was miserable and did not want to be there.
Pros
Nice new building
Cons
Company culture, demotivated coworkers, no support, poor management
If you love this product, absolutely do not even consider working here
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2018
If you love this product like I did, absolutely do not even consider working here. If you are passionate about women's issues, women's rights, and women's health, this company will destroy your hope in humanity.

If you are a strategic thinker, objective, and level-headed, you will not enjoy this workplace culture. If you are a type-A personality and consistently go above and beyond your call of duty, this is not the place for you.

Management is completely incompetent - and even worse, they refuse to acknowledge their own weaknesses, nor do they care to leverage the strengths and the drive of their employees. Management is not objective. They make poor business decisions and lack business acumen (which was incredibly frustrating for someone with these skill sets). They do not take any criticism.

They fire employees left right and centre instead of working with them to fix problems at the root.

There is just so much potential, but this company chooses to put people down instead of lifting them up and challenging them to do more, be better, and strive. So disappointing.
Pros
Free lunch, yearly bonus
Cons
Management, worst workplace culture I've ever experienced, fire employees a lot
Used to be a great company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 June 2017
Used to be a great company until they let go of the managers who actually ran this place. Now it's all falling apart. People are unhappy and quitting or looking for other jobs, there is no structure and everyone is anxious about the future. It's sad as it used to be a fun and happy place to work where everyone got along and there was lots of growth.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Owners who have no idea how to run a business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diva International Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diva International Inc. Reviews by Location