District of West Vancouver logo

District of West Vancouver Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Great Work with unfair pay

While the job I held was fairly easy, I did come to some issues with my pay. When I was hired, I was payed 3 dollars above minimum wage but as min wage grew, my pay did not. Newly hired workers were payed more than I was even after a year and a half of work and due to the casual position, I did not gain any seniority that could help me with my pay issues. This is not the reason I left the position

Good place to work.

Great pay and benifits. Work is 5 days per week with two days off together. Split shifts for junior drivers. Straight shifts for senior drivers. Typical shifts Monday to Friday 6:AM to 6:PM with 3 to 4 hours off mid day. Some work on weekends and on statutory holidays. Great management team. Supervisors are very helpful. Training is provided and is very good.Great paid holiday time available after one year of employment. More than you would expect.

Pros

Free anual bus pass for one plus a spouse.

Cons

Split shifts, weekend work, working on statutory holidays.

Initially a good place to work but the lustre wore off.

Worked there for a few years and found that middle management did not get proper support from upper management when union issues arose. It was difficult for management to operate as from all appearances the unions run the place. I believe it all comes from the top and since then have moved on to a couple of other organizations (local government as well) and found them to be more highly functioning than this organization. As well, salaries are kept lower so when you work here you are always job shopping. It's just the way it is. All said, I worked with some great people and got a few work plan issues completed. Those great people have also moved on and are happier elsewhere.

Pros

Great scenery on the waterfront, some nice and caring co-workers

Cons

Poor morale in general, poor salary and benefits, union members made more money than managers, poor support for managers from above, the unions run the show and managers are just there for appearance sake

Like my family

District of West Vancouver has been the best employer I have ever had to this day. District is a fun happy place and everyone treats me like family. There are great training opportunities and benefits are very good.

Jobs at District of West Vancouver