District of West Vancouver

District of West Vancouver Employee Reviews in West Vancouver, BC

While the job I held was fairly easy, I did come to some issues with my pay. When I was hired, I was payed 3 dollars above minimum wage but as min wage grew, my pay did not. Newly hired workers were payed more than I was even after a year and a half of work and due to the casual position, I did not gain any seniority that could help me with my pay issues. This is not the reason I left the position
my experience with this employer was the worst I have had in my 25 years in the health and fitness industry. Management was unsupportive and unclear about expectations. Departments don’t communicate and the culture was not healthy.
Horrible communication, horrible environment. One of my worst experiences as a tech and human being. I would highly recommend for people to never apply there.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Horrible environment, zombie employees, terrible communication
I was brought on in Nov right before the start of the lay off and snow season worked right through the winter with no shortage of hours. Pretty good for just getting on. Worked right up until I had some non work related issues arise that required all of my attention. My foreman, crew, supervisor and management supported and accommodated me for as long as they could before it was agreed that we should part ways for the time being. Wish I was still there loved it.
Pros
Great staff. Good Environment, support from the top (work/non work related)
Cons
The commute from Richmond.
it an ok job but i would like to see more regular hrs and a more secure work environment i am looking for a job that i like to go to in the morning and happy at the end of the day. the workplace culture is not conducive to a harmonious day
Pros
flexible work hrs
Cons
low work life balance
Very large gap in communication between different departments and levels of management. Policy is very top down and some decisions are made too rash or often too slow. Management varied and often would make new policies to fit their decisions.
Worked there for a few years and found that middle management did not get proper support from upper management when union issues arose. It was difficult for management to operate as from all appearances the unions run the place. I believe it all comes from the top and since then have moved on to a couple of other organizations (local government as well) and found them to be more highly functioning than this organization. As well, salaries are kept lower so when you work here you are always job shopping. It's just the way it is. All said, I worked with some great people and got a few work plan issues completed. Those great people have also moved on and are happier elsewhere.
Pros
Great scenery on the waterfront, some nice and caring co-workers
Cons
Poor morale in general, poor salary and benefits, union members made more money than managers, poor support for managers from above, the unions run the show and managers are just there for appearance sake
No communication, way below average training and horrible management. I would never recommend working there and it's no wonder people complain about City workers because of what i said above. Management are a bunch of overpaid and useless people who take our hard earned tax's for granted.
Pros
Cons
So many things to list
Recreation Software Management System. • Providing product solution options for the implementation of a Recreation Software Management System (RSMS) solution from ActiveNet. • End-to-end Project Management from RFP, Vendor Selection to Go Live. • The project encompasses the purchase & installation of the required SaaS software, and related P.O.S. hardware, as well the provision for the access to a new banking system, data, training, future support & maintenance for the District.
West Vancouver is a great place to work with training and safety available for all the employees. Wages are good. I enjoyed my years there and only left to move out to the Fraser Valley Where I could afford housing. I would work there again.
Pros
Good work enviorment and pay
Cons
It was seasonal work only