District of West Vancouver
District of West Vancouver Employee Review

Management does what they can for up grading skills..

21 June 2019
But when hired you are called a temp. And can be fired at anytime with no reason . Till a permanent position comes up. And you have to apply. But if you had shaded previous information about your private life they use it as not to hire you as a full time employee. As usual the ones that is late all the time get moved up to better paying position. You need to be a yes person. Do not share when you are experiencing any kind of abuses. Even raciusm.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
On an cocassion get breakie paid for
Cons
The forman say your luck today. Our supervisor got us a meal.
1 June 2021
Bus Driver (Former Employee) - North Vancouver, BC
Great pay and benifits. Work is 5 days per week with two days off together. Split shifts for junior drivers. Straight shifts for senior drivers. Typical shifts Monday to Friday 6:AM to 6:PM with 3 to 4 hours off mid day. Some work on weekends and on statutory holidays. Great management team. Supervisors are very helpful. Training is provided and is very good.Great paid holiday time available after one year of employment. More than you would expect.
Pros
Free anual bus pass for one plus a spouse.
Cons
Split shifts, weekend work, working on statutory holidays.
4 May 2020
Birthday Party Leader (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
While the job I held was fairly easy, I did come to some issues with my pay. When I was hired, I was payed 3 dollars above minimum wage but as min wage grew, my pay did not. Newly hired workers were payed more than I was even after a year and a half of work and due to the casual position, I did not gain any seniority that could help me with my pay issues. This is not the reason I left the position
9 September 2019
Health and Fitness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
my experience with this employer was the worst I have had in my 25 years in the health and fitness industry. Management was unsupportive and unclear about expectations. Departments don’t communicate and the culture was not healthy.
  1. Management does what they can for up grading skills..