District of West Vancouver
District of West Vancouver Employee Review

Like my family

27 February 2015
District of West Vancouver has been the best employer I have ever had to this day. District is a fun happy place and everyone treats me like family. There are great training opportunities and benefits are very good.
4.0Job security/advancement
5 March 2019
Same location
Michaels - Replenishment Manager (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Incredibly hard working and dedicated staff. Unfortunately, there's a high turnover rate and people are always leaving because of the severe shortage of staff.
Pros
early hours so I have the rest of the day off
Cons
really early mornings either 2:30am or 5:30am start times
6 September 2017
Same location
Gymnastics Instructor (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Working here includes teaching children from ages 6 months to 17 years. Culture is amazing - everyone is friendly and work hard. I've developed stronger verbal and written communication skills through this job, communicating with parents, kids, and coworkers.
1 June 2021
Bus Driver (Former Employee) - North Vancouver, BC
Great pay and benifits. Work is 5 days per week with two days off together. Split shifts for junior drivers. Straight shifts for senior drivers. Typical shifts Monday to Friday 6:AM to 6:PM with 3 to 4 hours off mid day. Some work on weekends and on statutory holidays. Great management team. Supervisors are very helpful. Training is provided and is very good.Great paid holiday time available after one year of employment. More than you would expect.
Pros
Free anual bus pass for one plus a spouse.
Cons
Split shifts, weekend work, working on statutory holidays.