District of West Vancouver
District of West Vancouver Employee Review

Initially a good place to work but the lustre wore off.

10 December 2016
Worked there for a few years and found that middle management did not get proper support from upper management when union issues arose. It was difficult for management to operate as from all appearances the unions run the place. I believe it all comes from the top and since then have moved on to a couple of other organizations (local government as well) and found them to be more highly functioning than this organization. As well, salaries are kept lower so when you work here you are always job shopping. It's just the way it is. All said, I worked with some great people and got a few work plan issues completed. Those great people have also moved on and are happier elsewhere.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Great scenery on the waterfront, some nice and caring co-workers
Cons
Poor morale in general, poor salary and benefits, union members made more money than managers, poor support for managers from above, the unions run the show and managers are just there for appearance sake
4 May 2020
Birthday Party Leader (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
While the job I held was fairly easy, I did come to some issues with my pay. When I was hired, I was payed 3 dollars above minimum wage but as min wage grew, my pay did not. Newly hired workers were payed more than I was even after a year and a half of work and due to the casual position, I did not gain any seniority that could help me with my pay issues. This is not the reason I left the position
9 September 2019
Health and Fitness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
my experience with this employer was the worst I have had in my 25 years in the health and fitness industry. Management was unsupportive and unclear about expectations. Departments don’t communicate and the culture was not healthy.
6 February 2019
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
Horrible communication, horrible environment. One of my worst experiences as a tech and human being. I would highly recommend for people to never apply there.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Horrible environment, zombie employees, terrible communication
  1. Initially a good place to work but the lustre wore off.