District of West Vancouver
District of West Vancouver Employee Review

Great Work with unfair pay

4 May 2020
While the job I held was fairly easy, I did come to some issues with my pay. When I was hired, I was payed 3 dollars above minimum wage but as min wage grew, my pay did not. Newly hired workers were payed more than I was even after a year and a half of work and due to the casual position, I did not gain any seniority that could help me with my pay issues. This is not the reason I left the position
9 September 2019
Health and Fitness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
my experience with this employer was the worst I have had in my 25 years in the health and fitness industry. Management was unsupportive and unclear about expectations. Departments don’t communicate and the culture was not healthy.
6 February 2019
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
Horrible communication, horrible environment. One of my worst experiences as a tech and human being. I would highly recommend for people to never apply there.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Horrible environment, zombie employees, terrible communication
11 August 2018
Tandem Truck Driver (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
I was brought on in Nov right before the start of the lay off and snow season worked right through the winter with no shortage of hours. Pretty good for just getting on. Worked right up until I had some non work related issues arise that required all of my attention. My foreman, crew, supervisor and management supported and accommodated me for as long as they could before it was agreed that we should part ways for the time being. Wish I was still there loved it.
Pros
Great staff. Good Environment, support from the top (work/non work related)
Cons
The commute from Richmond.