District of West Vancouver
District of West Vancouver Employee Review

Glad I got hired, more glad I left

25 March 2018
A disorganized Maintenance Department. It leads to a lot of frustrations in trying to get the job done. Not great moral. Might be due to the high turn over of Mechanics. There's no advancement or lateral movement in this organization. I'm really glad I left. The lustre wears off pretty quickly. And, even with the good Holidays it really doesn't make up for the short comings.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
6 weeks Vacation
Cons
Toxic work environment
1 June 2021
Same location
Bus Driver (Former Employee) - North Vancouver, BC
Great pay and benifits. Work is 5 days per week with two days off together. Split shifts for junior drivers. Straight shifts for senior drivers. Typical shifts Monday to Friday 6:AM to 6:PM with 3 to 4 hours off mid day. Some work on weekends and on statutory holidays. Great management team. Supervisors are very helpful. Training is provided and is very good.Great paid holiday time available after one year of employment. More than you would expect.
Pros
Free anual bus pass for one plus a spouse.
Cons
Split shifts, weekend work, working on statutory holidays.
4 May 2020
Birthday Party Leader (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
While the job I held was fairly easy, I did come to some issues with my pay. When I was hired, I was payed 3 dollars above minimum wage but as min wage grew, my pay did not. Newly hired workers were payed more than I was even after a year and a half of work and due to the casual position, I did not gain any seniority that could help me with my pay issues. This is not the reason I left the position
9 September 2019
Health and Fitness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) - West Vancouver, BC
my experience with this employer was the worst I have had in my 25 years in the health and fitness industry. Management was unsupportive and unclear about expectations. Departments don’t communicate and the culture was not healthy.
  1. Glad I got hired, more glad I left