Everyone is different no worker is the same
Different values different standards / work ethics.
Listen to what your workers are saying.
Just because someone has been there longer does not mean they are right.
When your working as A TCP,
An your union.
You do have rights.
It was shared to me before I left by a Forman plus acting supervisor.
As we worked on a busy area is the Horsebay area.
I need to go to the washroom. I was not allowed to go till.230pm.
I had to go so bad. That I asked the formens right hand person.
He turned to the formen said /she asked me to cover for her.
The Forman said he would.
The next morning I was grateful.for finally getting relieved to go washroom.
It was a very wet day too.
I shared to the Forman, thank you for relieving me yesterday.
For I have not had a coffee break or a lunch break.
Or bathroom break at all till 230pm.
I thanked him.
He said your lucky I gave you a break. Other flaggers dont get breaks.
I listened to him as i reflected. He also added that i have to get adult diaper for future for he will not let me go to washroom like this again.
I shared well your right. And that's not right for that to have happened to the other flaggers.. but they also are not Union. We are. And after that the foreman changed his attitude towards needing bathroom breaks.
Everyone needs to be heard. Sharing what is truly done and said by your longer term employees they are not always right.
- What is the work environment and culture like at District of West Vancouver?2 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at District of West Vancouver?2 people answered
- Does District of West Vancouver require background check?2 people answered
- What is the interview process like at District of West Vancouver?One person answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make District of West Vancouver a better place to work?