District of Saanich

District of Saanich Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Slow paced
Not enough management drive and too much of traditional authoritative style of management at operational level. Hierarchy everywhere and not many formal processes
Pearkes....the worst rink in victoria
There's some good staff but the leadership is driving them away. No recycling program everything is thrown in the garbage There is no pride in the facility and very little accountability for poor job performance. It's interesting that the public doesn't demand better in a facility that they pay for. They are very well paid so it's disappointing. There's better recreation centers to work at if you have your RO ticket.
Horrible Workplace
Even as a 20 year employee, there is a reason I’m on Indeed. What used to be a marvellous place of work has become toxic. Miserable Direction and Management make miserable employees. If you can withstand rampant apathy and careless leadership, you may do well. If you enjoy a vibrant, motivating and positive work environment, you won’t find it at Saanich.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Toxic workplace
Bad place to work don’t care about people
Good pay but they treat you like garbage I was a casual custodian for 8 years and would not move me to regular seasonal like it said in collective aggreement if you had 10 thousand hours they have to and if you were to apply for full time they would move a injured employee from different department into it if you turn down a shift they hold it against you
Interesting place to work
they are about twenty years behind in IT infrastructure, so lots of opportunity for change if they have budget, but they have some very questionable practices.
Very rigorous and fun workplace.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the District of Saanich. The values that the District embodies really shone through with the work that my fellow lifeguards, instructors and supervisors did every day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at District of Saanich?