DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD OF NIAGARA

DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD OF NIAGARA Employee Reviews

Great place to work. The staff was very friendly and supportive at the schools I would work at. Students can sometimes be difficult depending on the area you visit.
This board couldn’t careless about any of the employees. Staff who get out in Vp and P positions basically have a few board driven classes and all of a sudden claim they can run a school. They can’t! Most in these positions and higher have only ever been with a school board so no real work experience outside of this setting. They couldn’t organize a one car parade. No community, no feeling of support. They should regroup on who should get more pay. It shouldn’t be the people running the show at the board office. Bullies!
Pros
Hours
Cons
They promote people who they know will be puppets. No credibility.
Working at DSBN pays my bills, great staff within the schools, supervisors lack communication skills, great atmosphere very caring principals, you have to distance yourself from drama as it will affect you in in every school.
Pros
Good wage great benefits
Cons
Takes at least 3 years to get a full time position
Most of the time, I got half or one day job per week as a daily on-call teacher. Not a good healthy place to work. Not only you know some one, but also who you know.
Pros
Cons
A lot
I enjoy the flexibility of this position, as I have the chance to choose the days I work (given that there are jobs available), the schools I choose to accept jobs at, and I can book days off when I need them. There is very little room for advancement into Long-Term positions, and Permanent will take many, many years within this Board (unless you have your French qualifications). Overall recommend, they are great employers. If you’re looking for Permanent soon, this is not the Board for you.
Great job 👍👍It is a good company to work for the job is good the people are good and management very nice people I can’t say anything bad about my job at DSBN
Once you understand the pace of the job and requirements of the position you will do alright. You must be able to develop and cleaning system that will allow you to clean efficiently. This job is for the motivated and be able to keep up physically in the position.
Great place to work. Excellent pay. Great hours and benefits. Lots of room to move around. Worked with K-8. Some wonderful people to work with. Wonferful kids.
Supportive throughout personal decisions with regards to employee health & wellness and career & family life balance. Support from administrators, colleagues & at the board level.
I enjoy supply teaching within the Niagara District School Board. As a supply teacher, there are some very challenges moments, but everyone is so lovely and is willing to help. I have learned much about myself and the kind of educator I want to be for the next generations to come.
It was a great contract position pertaining to tutoring I was able to secure as a student. The pay was decent for a student position and I enjoyed going there and interacting with staff and students
Over 10 years teaching experience, solid transferable skills in office administration and social services. Trained in Applied analysis to work with children's and youth with autism.
DSBN must be one of the top boards in Ontario. The schools are well maintained and when supplies are needed there always seems to be money to get the things into the classroom that the teachers need.
A great place to work, innovative, supports in place for career advancement. Good opportunity to work for one of the more progressive school Boards in Ontario. DSBN is a leader in the province in terms of delivery of technology and out door education.
My career as a Mathematics teacher included instruction in every grade and every level from Grades 9-13. My greatest joy was seeing students achieve success in a subject which is not the favourite of all. I also enjoyed coaching basketball throughout my teaching career.
Staff morale is horrible. EA's are undervalued and not appreciated. "they" talk about a team environment, that's absolutely not true. When I started 19 years ago, I loved my job, because I was really helping children succeed. Now, all we do is put out fires, and deal with children with behaviours. We get punched, kicked, bitten, spat at etc., so degrading!
A career as an Educational Assistant in a Secondary school is truly rewarding. It is challenging, exciting, busy and inspirational. Our number one teacher(s) are the students with exceptionalities. As an EA in the field for 15 years, a burnout phase seems to be among many employees as the funding is not there to staff departments accordingly. This makes for mentally and physically draining days as we work without breaks, the students and staff are unsafe due to being understaffed, and many students cannot be integrated into mainstream classes for credit as the support is not there.
Pros
The students and the role.
Cons
The unsafe work environment.
O work with special needs children. I work with a classroom teacher. I love what I do. Working with the students is my favorite part of my job. the work setting is very friendly.
Exceptional management, administrator and workplace culture. Good Compensation and Benefits. Lifelong Learning prioritized. Positive employee relations!
Started volunteering at Gordon Public School since 2004 and I was offered the job in 2009 until present time. Unfortunately the tutoring program I was doing was suspended by the government and couldn't go back to work in September 2017. Overall experience was amazing since I really enjoy working with children and watch them progress.
Good pay union support and collective bargaining good professional development good pension limited opportunities for permanent position most work contract
Pros
Rewarding work content
Cons
Limited job opportunities that are permanent