DistributionNOW Employee Reviews

Relaxed, professional environment
MTR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Good place to work. The various departments worked well together and communication between management and staff was excellent. Management worked very diligently to ensure there was proper communication between employees and handled all issues good or bad with professionalism and grace.
Was a nice place to work
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB30 March 2018
Things were good here , learned lots and the people in main office in Edmonton were absolutely a great help.
Although there are a few people that could learn the code of ethics.
If we are a team they should work as a team!
Pros
Decent shifts and good peoole
Cons
Pecking order
Great people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
Amazing work culture and best in class Canadian management. Survivors of peaks and valleys in the oil and gas market place. Edmonton DSC in mourning over Oilers performance.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
autonomy
productive and good work ethic
Shipping/Receiving, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 September 2017
i loved my job at distribution now made a lot of great friends worked hard and build clientele. Being part of the team was successful and Productive.
Energetic and fast paced
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK19 September 2017
The day usually started around 6:30 am and would beginning by everyone going through freight to prepare for orders that would be going out the door that day. We would also deal stock at this time, by receiving and pitting it away. A big part of the day was the daily cycle count and making sure we had the correct inventory and volume on the shelf to ensure customer needs were being met. Then once the morning rush was over we would ensure that the warehouse was left neat and tidy and ready for what might come next. The place was great to work and the customers that we dealt with everyday we equally great and fun to deal with.

I also completed sales order, did up quotes and followed up with customers, both external and internal to ensure they were receiving the best service possible.

unfortunately the oil down turn is still having an effect our business which has had a very large impact to the bottom line.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Not very loyale to employees, its a very large company and you feel a lot like a number
Great place of employment
Administrator/Data Processor/Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2017
Great Benefits and well balanced with life
Management is great
Stability is awesome good company moral
world wide company
Great experiences within the company.
Great training programs
Great people and work atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB13 July 2017
Brilliant company to work for. highly enjoy the day to day meetings with the customers and dealing with walk ins. the SAP program has been a great learning curve.
Goal driven, success oriented but relaxed atmosphere.
Q, H, S and E Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Distribution Center6 October 2016
I had a very positive experience working along side the management team and with all the staff at DNOW. I would absolutely work there again should the opportunity arise.
Cross training is heavily promoted at the distribution center which allows those interested to grow as employees and build their base skill set making them an invaluable asset to DNOW and if they move on they are more desirable on the job market.
It was wonderful work for them
Shipper/Picker and Q/A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2016
they teach me a lot and experience.
I work with a very good team of people
Working with the sales representative was the hardest
Management fantastic.
focus place to work but we have a good time too
Receptionist/ Admin (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB20 July 2016
I love this company, they have been good to me. I have enjoyed learning everything I have. Customers always come 1st. we are a team.

Want to know more about DistributionNOW?

Ask a question
fun to work
shipper/receiver/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2016
it was fun working there,i was very much liked and worked very hard got along with everyone.i was a team leader always came on time and dedicated ro my job.
Pros
free coffee
A decent place to work
Desktop Support Analyst - Canada (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2016
A pretty good company to work for, with a diverse amount of people working there. Management were a bit hard-lined about some things, but all in all, good people where I was located. I found the as front line support in IT, getting to work one on one with people to help them get back to their jobs was very satisfying.
Pros
Structured processes, good pay
Cons
lack of inter company communication
Fast paced but highly dependent on oil pricing
Lead Hand, Sales, Mechanic, Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2016
It was a great place to be until I got laid off due to the drop in the oil market. When we were busy it was a fast paced environment with lots of advancement opportunity. Multiple departments at my location and a great deal of cross-training so that the workload was evened out through the peaks and valleys.
Pros
Safe clean environment, free lunches ended when oil prices went down
Cons
Too dependent on oil pricing
Store managers were helpful and understanding
Inventory Buyer - Procurement (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta14 October 2015
My biggest learning at this job was adjusting to SAP. In my previous buying position there was less responsibility about our spend, this was overseen by the company we were contracted by. At DNOW we were accountable to some degree for our purchasing. My favourite part of this job and all others was dealing with the people at my stores as well as the camaraderie shared with my co workers.
Pros
treated to vendor lunches on occasion, discounted purchases, free coffee, team building gatherings after work
Cons
loss in the oilfield economy, created tension in the workplace, lack of job security
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2015
I found this to be a challenging and rewarding place of employment. Great leadership and coworkers also contributed to this environment.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere
Cons
Training was lacking
Bustling atmosphere with lots of learning oppourtunites
Marketing Administration and Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2015
I entered this Oil and Gas based company ready to learn and that's exactly what I did. This company is very customer service oriented.
Coming in to the job, my aim was to improve myself and my skills on paper after spending many years travelling and nurturing my soul. The people I worked with there have been in the industry for a long time so I was able to gain a lot of insight from these people and take on many mentors. I learned a lot about a lot while working there and the new atmosphere and people I worked with showed me many new things and helped guide me toward a higher learning.
The customer service role that came with my particular the job were both the best and worst aspects. I am no stranger to customer service, but I was dealing with so many different kinds of people in the oil field as well as internally and externally around the office that I would often run in to new challenges with new people which I faced openly.
Pros
Excellent benefits and the ability to take on any new project I wanted to
Cons
moral issues with the oil and gas industry