Disney Store

Disney Store Employee Reviews

Typical day your assisting guest of all ages with merchandise and create that Magical moments for the little ones and not so little ones! Awesome place to work and management treats you well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Less hours
Location was too far. Taking transit made it difficult if schedule had to be altered. I was also in the middle of exams which I was studying for at the same time so it was a bit stressful if hours were longer than expected. The job was not the issue.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
The most enjoyable part of working here is creating deep connections with guests and feeling satisfied knowing you helped them as best you could. Management is very understanding and will often accommodate your scheduling needs (if you don't abuse it). The work culture is family-oriented and you have lots of space to get to know your coworkers well.
Pros
Work culture, flexible management
Cons
Guests who complain about masks, lines, store capacity (often COVID related issues that are out of our hands)
I honestly don't remember much as that was 12 years ago except that it was fun and friendly place to work also it's mostly seasonal so they stop scheduling you closer to the end of December they don't even tell you a end date they just stop scheduling you in hopes you won't call in for shifts and wait for their calls and when you call they don't have any shifts for you not a bad place to work just don't like the fact how they end your contract by not telling you perhaps things have changed as it was 12 years ago when I worked their
Pros
Great discounts you can win a trip to Disneyland but you have to be a permenet worker to do that
Cons
No breaks unless you work 7 hours or more
The atmosphere, products, and most of the guests make it a great job, and coworkers are usually great however like any place bad management and drama can ruin the experience, atmosphere, and culture.
Awsome place to work, good management, good employee benefits. Overall very good, I really like working in Disney. 4- 5 hour shifts , proper breaks .
Pros
Employee discounts
The job is fun at the beginning, but it starts to get boring after a while. The manager would just sit in the back while everyone else was on the floor. The managers expected you not to have a life outside of work, as you can only switch your shifts 2x for 3 months. If you switched more than that, you would get written up. A manager once told me that "I know you all have a life outside of work, but work should be a priority too" which yes, I get but they schedule for one shift a week for four hours. They expected so much out of you. I wish they just hired less people and gave them more hours, instead of having about 24 staff and only giving the part time sales 4 hours/week.
Working at the disney store promises a positive, fun, ever-changing environement where you get to connect with various types of guests. It is fast-paced to ensure guests an easy and efficient expirience. Have to make sure to be observant and on your toes to ensure the safety of children as this is our main priority.
Great place if you love Disney!! Lots of hard work but has all the training available to help you. Not much by ways of advancement in the company working in Canada but lots of fun in the store.
I love working for thus company. The staff are well rewarded for our hard efforts. Management team is phenomenal. Always upbeat and positive work environment
I worked for ten years with Disney Store there is room for advancement but it’s slow going once a store manager gets in there they typically stay for a long time.
Pros
Disney, fun, no commission
Cons
Management is rarely on your side
Although Disney is a great company, the one problem I have is that the pay is to small and the only way to receive any benefits is through being a manager. Not even an assistant manager gets benefits. However it is a great work environment and the people that workthere all have the same passion.
Best place you can work at! Dreams do come true here. I had the best year of my life while I worked here, it was full of magic, experiences and good memories that I will treasure forever.
Must be a Disney-aholic to really enjoy this place. Pay is lower and sales expectations are high; meant to be offset by passion for the brand and the odd perk.
There are too many things I want to say about this store. I will sum everything up with The Store Manager and NSM are not kind people. They talk behind your back and never tell you what's wrong. You only know when one stops talking to you that you've done something to anger them. This store is very much high school all over again. If you're not a favourite they will push you out. Hard work proves nothing here. I went to HR about my concerns and HR turned everything against me. Cast are great, benefits are awesome, but not enough to put up with the mental abuse you receive from the two ladies in charge.
The Disney Store was a great place to act as a "Cast Member". It's fast-paced, but exceptionally rewarding to work with like minded individuals who have a love of the Disney Brand and bringing the 'magic' to kids (young and old) who step into the store.
First enjoyable at the beginning, but it gets old really fast if youre not super passionate about all the material. Managers also sat in the office a lot and didnt schedule appropriately
This was a great place to work and a lot of fun. I made lifelong friends.
The work environment was great, however, extremely early morning shift was not for me. I Did stock in the backroom. Had to be there around 6 am. Not the hours I required.
Pros
team work
Cons
too early of a shift
need to be comfortable with acting a little goofy and be able to bring out your inner child. can't really remember much as I had a seasonal position. you receive a discount for Disneyland/World itself, as well as special Disney movie nights with your cast members when a disney movie comes out in theaters.
An amazing, fun, and magical place to work. Management were kind and I learned a lot. Nothing too hard about this job. Helping customers was my favourite part.
  1. Employee reviews