Disney Store

Disney Store Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews
Fun and easy going environment
Working at the disney store promises a positive, fun, ever-changing environement where you get to connect with various types of guests. It is fast-paced to ensure guests an easy and efficient expirience. Have to make sure to be observant and on your toes to ensure the safety of children as this is our main priority.
Wish I loved it, but I didn't
The job is fun at the beginning, but it starts to get boring after a while. The manager would just sit in the back while everyone else was on the floor. The managers expected you not to have a life outside of work, as you can only switch your shifts 2x for 3 months. If you switched more than that, you would get written up. A manager once told me that "I know you all have a life outside of work, but work should be a priority too" which yes, I get but they schedule for one shift a week for four hours. They expected so much out of you. I wish they just hired less people and gave them more hours, instead of having about 24 staff and only giving the part time sales 4 hours/week.
fun place
Great place if you love Disney!! Lots of hard work but has all the training available to help you. Not much by ways of advancement in the company working in Canada but lots of fun in the store.
Favorite job ever!
I love working for thus company. The staff are well rewarded for our hard efforts. Management team is phenomenal. Always upbeat and positive work environment
Pretty good
I worked for ten years with Disney Store there is room for advancement but it’s slow going once a store manager gets in there they typically stay for a long time.
Pros
Disney, fun, no commission
Cons
Management is rarely on your side
Amazing Job - Not Magical Salary
Although Disney is a great company, the one problem I have is that the pay is to small and the only way to receive any benefits is through being a manager. Not even an assistant manager gets benefits.

However it is a great work environment and the people that workthere all have the same passion.
I love it
Best place you can work at! Dreams do come true here. I had the best year of my life while I worked here, it was full of magic, experiences and good memories that I will treasure forever.
Fun adventurous place to work.
Must be a Disney-aholic to really enjoy this place. Pay is lower and sales expectations are high; meant to be offset by passion for the brand and the odd perk.
Not a Magical Place
There are too many things I want to say about this store. I will sum everything up with The Store Manager and NSM are not kind people. They talk behind your back and never tell you what's wrong. You only know when one stops talking to you that you've done something to anger them. This store is very much high school all over again. If you're not a favourite they will push you out. Hard work proves nothing here. I went to HR about my concerns and HR turned everything against me. Cast are great, benefits are awesome, but not enough to put up with the mental abuse you receive from the two ladies in charge.
Productive, engaging and fun environment to work in
The Disney Store was a great place to act as a "Cast Member". It's fast-paced, but exceptionally rewarding to work with like minded individuals who have a love of the Disney Brand and bringing the 'magic' to kids (young and old) who step into the store.
It was fun for a bit
First enjoyable at the beginning, but it gets old really fast if youre not super passionate about all the material. Managers also sat in the office a lot and didnt schedule appropriately
I miss my Ohana
This was a great place to work and a lot of fun. I made lifelong friends.
Fun workplace
The work environment was great, however, extremely early morning shift was not for me. I Did stock in the backroom. Had to be there around 6 am. Not the hours I required.
Pros
team work
Cons
too early of a shift
fun environment, good benefits
need to be comfortable with acting a little goofy and be able to bring out your inner child.

can't really remember much as I had a seasonal position.

you receive a discount for Disneyland/World itself, as well as special Disney movie nights with your cast members when a disney movie comes out in theaters.
Fun workplace environment
An amazing, fun, and magical place to work. Management were kind and I learned a lot. Nothing too hard about this job. Helping customers was my favourite part.
Magical
Seasonal at Christmas.

It was a great experience. I met some of my best friends while working there, and still talk to my old manager. Really just great all around.

Definitely strict around dress code, the way you speak and act and such, but that's to be expected with Disney.

It sucked a little with seasonal just because you could only switch shifts three times, and after that you'd be let go, so if you were working two jobs like I was, that made life a little difficult unless your other boss was understanding (thankfully, they were).

I would recommend working here, easily. But as a part-time, probably second job unless you can get in as management, because you won't get many hours.
Pros
Discounts, playing with kids, the nametag, special perks, all-around fun, magic
Cons
Not many hours long term
Everyday was " Magical"
i still currently work for the Disney Store, but i did start off as a seasonal cast member then eventually moved to a part time cast member. this job has taught me so many new things and still continues to teach me new things everyday.
Great atmosphere
typically a day at work is a full experience, you start on a high and you must end on a high. there's no room for negative attitude as they all work hard to make sure the guest is happy, and in full effect of the Disney magic. management is very demanding of keeping up that atmosphere, so for non outgoing people this job does take a lot from you to keep up the persona but if you do share a love for Disney then this job is very rewarding. all the cast members for the most part are very sweet and light hearted and you'd enjoy friendship's that are easily made there. overall great place to work for great hospitality experience.
Pros
Main gate passes
Cons
demanding hours
Distrustful
There is a great amount of distrust between hourly employees and management.

The pay is not competitive or up to industry standards.

poor management of assets
Loved it!
Such a fun and vibrant place to work! Lots of opportunities to engage with customers while also handling merchandise and store front display. Great place for Disney lovers 10/10
Disney
Coming into work everyday is magical. Coming into the disney store is different than other other store. Walt's stories, and passion come through in what he has created and what we can share with the rest of the world.
Pros
Free Park Tickets