Disney Store Employee Reviews

fun environment, good benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 April 2019
need to be comfortable with acting a little goofy and be able to bring out your inner child.

can't really remember much as I had a seasonal position.

you receive a discount for Disneyland/World itself, as well as special Disney movie nights with your cast members when a disney movie comes out in theaters.
Magical
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 April 2019
Seasonal at Christmas.

It was a great experience. I met some of my best friends while working there, and still talk to my old manager. Really just great all around.

Definitely strict around dress code, the way you speak and act and such, but that's to be expected with Disney.

It sucked a little with seasonal just because you could only switch shifts three times, and after that you'd be let go, so if you were working two jobs like I was, that made life a little difficult unless your other boss was understanding (thankfully, they were).

I would recommend working here, easily. But as a part-time, probably second job unless you can get in as management, because you won't get many hours.
Pros
Discounts, playing with kids, the nametag, special perks, all-around fun, magic
Cons
Not many hours long term
Everyday was " Magical"
Part-Time Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2019
i still currently work for the Disney Store, but i did start off as a seasonal cast member then eventually moved to a part time cast member. this job has taught me so many new things and still continues to teach me new things everyday.
Great atmosphere
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 October 2018
typically a day at work is a full experience, you start on a high and you must end on a high. there's no room for negative attitude as they all work hard to make sure the guest is happy, and in full effect of the Disney magic. management is very demanding of keeping up that atmosphere, so for non outgoing people this job does take a lot from you to keep up the persona but if you do share a love for Disney then this job is very rewarding. all the cast members for the most part are very sweet and light hearted and you'd enjoy friendship's that are easily made there. overall great place to work for great hospitality experience.
Pros
Main gate passes
Cons
demanding hours
Distrustful
Player Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 September 2018
There is a great amount of distrust between hourly employees and management.

The pay is not competitive or up to industry standards.

poor management of assets
Loved it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2018
Such a fun and vibrant place to work! Lots of opportunities to engage with customers while also handling merchandise and store front display. Great place for Disney lovers 10/10
Disney
Cast Member/ Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 March 2018
Coming into work everyday is magical. Coming into the disney store is different than other other store. Walt's stories, and passion come through in what he has created and what we can share with the rest of the world.
Pros
Free Park Tickets
They chose favorites
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2018
It doesn't matter what your knowledge is of the product, you were viewed by your appearance and immediately judged. I was never given any opportunities to improve myself as an individual and always felt like I would never be good enough.

I loved working with the children that came in. I was always fun and compassionate. I did my best to interact with them as we were suppose to but at the end of the day, management was never the least bit happy. It didn't matter
Cons
3 hour shifts once a week and lucky to get a break on busy days.
Workplace
Sales associate and event team leader (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 January 2018
Although the company is very generative and kind, the management and workplace can be difficult with misunderstandings and not being empathetic towards others.
Pros
Complimentary Passes
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun Times
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB2 November 2017
I liked working with the team members and seeing the children get excited when they found something they liked. There was always something to do in the store that I never got bored.
Pros
cast member discount
Cons
No personal time
Overall Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
I have learned a lot about retail over the past few years I have worked at the Disney Store. You will make many close friends, get great perks and have a lot of fun. Like any job there are drawbacks depending on what your status is within the company. I have personally noticed quite a toxic environment between certain employees, this brings down the overall positive vibe that working at the Disney Store should bring out in people.
Pros
Very good perks
Cons
Very toxic environment between certain cast members
Fun and uplifting workplace with a positive atmosphere
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
The Disney Store is a great place to work. They are super accommodating of students with loaded schedules. It is always happy and positive in the store and everyone is super supportive.
Fun work environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Has a great work environment, workload is equally shared between cast members. Great benefits for meeting or exceeding goals. Stage sets can be overwhelming but are always well scheduled with plenty of staff to help out.
Pros
Rewards for job loyalty
Cons
Very hard to advance due to loyalty to the company.
Poor management for decent pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 September 2016
Management through out this company is so poor. The Calgary stores suffer all the same thing. All store management have been trained is the same fashion, and have zero respect for their team. If you enjoy being talked down to, gossiped about, and downright belittled this is an awesome job. The huge bonus is the perks of the employment, great discounts and great park offers.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Terrible team
dinamisno, encantador
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2016
Empresa global, muito focada na qualidade do serviços e produtos.
Empresa transmite aligria e encantamento aos clientes e funcionários.
Pros
encantamento, flexibilidade
Cons
salario
productive and fun workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
It's a fast pace environment, there isn't a moment to stand around, you always have something to do at the Disney store. From tiding, to edging, to sizing, to filling, to guest engagement, to assisting guests in all they ask for, to working the box office and aiding guests in any last minute interests.
The hardest part is finding things to fix and tidy when it's a slow day.
The best part is seeing the light and joy on children's faces when you work the magic mirror and they get to view their favourite characters.
Pros
being surrounded by everything disney
Cons
the noise level is constantly at a max volume - it can be overwhelming
Retail
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 January 2016
I've learned a lot about working in retail. You meet people in many different walks of life. You learn to adjust to their needs & make sure they are satisfied with the service they received.
High impact and Fun Environment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 January 2016
Having a patient management team that loves to teach definitely helps with the type of expected growth. Starting as a seasonal, I was rushed into the busy holiday season, but with the tips and support of my fellow Cast Members, I became effective enough to have been added to the Disney Brand family.
Pros
Amazing Cast, Water and snacks, Disney Vacation benefits
Cons
Spur of the moment shift changes
A not so supportive work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton On16 October 2015
Fun environment if you like working with kids.
Not at all a supportive team.
Was not given proper training or informed of things going on throughout the store.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Cast Member- Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 July 2015
I love working for the Disney Store. It is a fun place to work at, with great co-workers who are supportive and positive to be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Store. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2