Discounter's Pool & Spa Warehouse

Discounter's Pool & Spa Warehouse Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable work environment
I enjoyed my time with the company. I was respected as both an independent employee and as a team member. They encouraged people going above and beyond.
Workplace Culture
It was a great time working at Discounter's Pool and Spa Warehouse. The management is very helpful and supportive. The days are typically busy, fast-paced, and stressful at time but the work environment is really good.
The job was good for a student.
I was a student there and had good times when working. The people I worked with made the job. You can advance within the company but for me, sales was not my career choice.
Productive and Fun Workplace
A very fun summer job with lots of hours available. Great environment, very positive and friendly place to be. There are times/weeks that are very busy and times that are quiet given the nature of the business. Overall, learned a lot and gain tons of customer service and cashier experience.
A safe and secure place for working
You get to learn more about pool water products and other technical products. Management is good and supportive all the time. Every work you do in store is valued all the time by management.
average student job
repetitive job of filling shelves and helping customers. atmosphere was great, great staff and always enjoyed going to work. ownership was frugal but overall was alright job for a student
Easy summer job with nice environment
Application processes was fairly easy with getting the job on the spot. Daily tasks pretty straight forward, as per usual with retail. Management horrible
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad pay and no advancement
Great summer job for a high school student
At first, I started off at Discounter's as just a helping hand in the back (filling chlorine jugs for pools). But after getting to know my role, the staff, and management taking a liking to me, I began to get more responsibility and even had some experience as a cashier at times.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Long hours when understaffed
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Discounter's Pool & Spa Warehouse?
Challenging
Working at discounters was a very stressful experience from start to end. Very limited training and poor management. I was often left to work in the store by myself while the manager runs personal errands for most of the work day.
Pros
Commission, contractors buy lunch/coffee
Cons
Management.
Decent amount of hours given to staff, flexible work environment, kind staff and management. you need knowledge of science and chemistry and have to be able to lift heavy items and deal with chemicals.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Long days
Not bad at all
Only a temporary position, cannot give a full review. Although it seemed like a fun place to work with some slow portions of the day. Management seemed scarce though. Little training.
Pros
Slow
Cons
Slow
Very productive and fun place to work!
Amazing management. The managers are extremely understanding and hardworking. It’s a fun, fast paced environment throughout the summer. You have the ability to get full-time hours and commission on certain products.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Usually only seasonal
Great Experience
Great environment to learn how to succeed in several job positions. Some of these include, water testing, cashier, sales and warehouse duties. Friendly staff as well as management.
Great place to work with incentives
Great place to grow and learn the industry. A diverse working environment with great staff. There are many opportunities that promote and benefit students and young professionals to further propel their careers.
Busy, fun
the stores are very busy at the beginning of summer but slowly die down towards the end. the managers are nice. Will be standing all day with many tasks to keep you occupied.
Fun Workplace nice staff and friendly customers
An amazing place to work with friendly staff and customers, typically at work you will be asked to do heavy lifting, work on cash, perform water tests for customers explain chemical balance, fill chlorine containers for customers, assist customers in finding replacement parts. I've learned so much from working there and the only reason I have decided to look for other employment is a desire to learn new things.
Pros
Commisions on sales
Cons
Very demanding job
Productive and fun workplace, whilst maintaining the business standard
Working at Discounters Pool and Spa Warehouse was an amazing experience. Id prefer to have had a more suitable job title to my experiences and skills, as opposed to being a store clerk, where my responsibilities included restocking product, re-filling chlorine containers and cleaning hottubs on display. We rarely ever saw the management team, because they were in the office unless an issue occurred, or a customer requested their presence. My co-workers seemed impressed with their work standard, when I saw need for some serious improvement. The hardest part of the job was getting used to working with your co-workers, whom wouldn't help if we asked for it, they would only assist you if they were told to from management. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers, because otherwise you had no one to talk to, and you would bend over backwards to help them.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
Not enough shift hours
Seasonal business is a challenge.
Difficult to work in retail when there is no internal store inventory control.
Seasonal business. Hard to meet sales targets and goals when as a store manager there is no control of the inventory.

Other wise I enjoyed working there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discounter's Pool & Spa Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.
Discounter's Pool & Spa Warehouse Reviews by Job Title