Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Review

View all Discount Car and Truck Rentals reviews

Great place to work, lots of room for advancement for those who worked and played hard.
Fleet Manager / Maintenance Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 August 2012
As fleet manager/maintenance manager, I really never planned a day. In most cases my plan was out the window by 8:10am as you went were demands were the greatest.
Loved the job, loved the industry as a whole considering I put 27 years of my life into the industry.
Great perks, the company car, fuel, laptop computer and the freedom to purchase the fleet I wanted.
Planning required great skill as you had to know the industry, the hot models, the proper equipment levels as the best part of the job was the fact that the commision was endless and that all came from experience and buying knowledge
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
really none, if you love your job, you really never mind the hours requied to get there to be successful.

Other Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Reviews

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
shifts can go up to 11 hrs a day . open holidays and weekends. good people to work with. very bad employee discounts.
good benefits, 6 months probatin
Soul crushing, but rewarding
Agency Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 April 2018
Let's get real. This company will teach you a million skills, and what it doesn't teach you, it teaches what not to do.

Ultimately, I am satisfied in working with them, but I am also willing to part ways. It is a very demanding job, and at times can absolutely devastate any personal time you have.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Car and Truck Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.