Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Review

View all Discount Car and Truck Rentals reviews

A lot expected with not much return.
Service Attendant/ Acting Counter Service Staff (Current Employee) –  Laird, ON11 March 2013
I began working cleaning cars for minimum wage which was fine for me at the time because of the level of enjoyment compared to the workload. The guaranteed 44 hours was a bonus for someone like me looking to make money. However everything changed when the counter position at my store left leaving me to fill his role. It has now been almost 5 months and the promotion I was promised over 3 months ago has still not come. They pressure you about your sales and your punctuality with lure of your 'pending' promotion because those are the apparent requirements for promotion. Worst part is that I'm actually good at the job so my manager has started taking advantage of the fact and now leaves the branch as often as he can. Tomorrow he is actually taking his car during work hours to have his brake pads and rotors replaced. Stay away from discount.

PS We get free lunches on long weekends but we got capped due to the employee I replaced and even though they are long gone the 20$ cap still remains. This company, just like most of their employees, doesn't care about anything.
Pros
a bit of overtime now and again adds about 50$ to the paycheque.
Cons
at this point, too many to name.

Other Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Reviews

Soul crushing, but rewarding
Agency Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 April 2018
Let's get real. This company will teach you a million skills, and what it doesn't teach you, it teaches what not to do.

Ultimately, I am satisfied in working with them, but I am also willing to part ways. It is a very demanding job, and at times can absolutely devastate any personal time you have.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours.
Terrible place to work
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK7 April 2018
Avoid this job like the blakc plague.
Low pay, high exectations.
Only help is in Winnipeg when your lucky.
Many grumpy upset customers.
Very poor treatment of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Car and Truck Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.