Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Reviews

Very active work environment
Assistance Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 June 2018
Good starter job out of college. Benefits and compensation good for a single individual. All training provided. Fun environment. Most workers under 40 years old.
Discount is a great place to work - family enviroment
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 June 2018
my typical day at work is answer my outlook emails, call my overdue accounts, email my daily invoices, reconcile accounts, investigated and corrected billing errors that arose, go thru my daily deposits.
Amazing team outings
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
If a customer is unsatisfied, don't bother bringing it up to the management cause they clearly don't care. In-turn they'll only try to throw you under the bus.
expected more
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 May 2018
overall, my coworkers were awesome. the manger didn't know how to manage and the DM was so unfriendly and treated staff/ team members like numbers. like he was some type of big shot... we work very hard but the pay isn't worth it. I didn't know that we had to clean cars until my first day of work. it was not mentioned in the interview or job description. the management was so unorganized you sometimes feel lost and clueless as to what to do next.
the work environment was dirty and unorganized
the uniforms are the worst to wear in the summer and if you don't wear them you get into trouble. but if you do, while working outside with no air condition in the bay, you are sweating pools.
good luck to anyone who gets the job, don't overwork, and do not plan to stay for long. my team members were pretty cool so Im sticking around for a bit but its a drag going to work.
Pros
free lunches on Friday if your location "upgrades"
Cons
you over work
Relaxed environment with friendly team members
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 May 2018
A high pressure environment that is both fun and challenging. Depending on the location of the branch and your team members, your day could be very long and boring or very busy and a lot of running around.
Pros
Free lunches every Friday
Cons
Long hours, difficult customers, branch conflicts with other branches
typical day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 May 2018
the days are long
early start but decent time for finish
lots of in and out
get to drive brand new vehicles
management was great
hard part as juggling amount of available cars to demand of customer
overall a very enjoyable job
Pros
great mangemant
great place to work
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
very busy and interactive environment.great place to work and sharpen your client skills.

good management that offer support and good work/life balance.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
car rental business can be overwhelming depending on the season
Fast Paced Selling
CITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 April 2018
Customer service is what this company is about. Do not even think about working here unless you can bring a winning attitude where everything is an opportunity.
Pros
Fair remuneration
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
shifts can go up to 11 hrs a day . open holidays and weekends. good people to work with. very bad employee discounts.
good benefits, 6 months probatin
Soul crushing, but rewarding
Agency Manager (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 April 2018
Let's get real. This company will teach you a million skills, and what it doesn't teach you, it teaches what not to do.

Ultimately, I am satisfied in working with them, but I am also willing to part ways. It is a very demanding job, and at times can absolutely devastate any personal time you have.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours.
Terrible place to work
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK7 April 2018
Avoid this job like the blakc plague.
Low pay, high exectations.
Only help is in Winnipeg when your lucky.
Many grumpy upset customers.
Very poor treatment of employees.
not a good place a you expect a rental car company to be
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
Wear tie, groom beards, look professional and sharp everyday and at the end? with all that start washing/cleaning cars. they can fire you anytime they want on not even on day notice. if you work overtime they will add those extra worked hours on the next day or the day you worked less, to save their company some money. people make reservations online and when they come in to rent a vehicle "sorry, we don't have anything for you" you kidding me right?. good place to start up for experience while hunting for other job at the same time.
Pros
1 hr. break everyday (could be long), chill at work, literally nothing to do at all watch youtube all the time, get to drive all different kind of brand new cars
Cons
cleaning cars with wearing tie and suits, Top Management sucks, no car stress, overtime hours shifts to another day.
Diverse Customer Relation Experience
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 March 2018
Position provides new customer service challenges that allow you to develop mitigating experiences that develop your career. This position is a reality check.
Amazing environment
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 February 2018
nothing but a great group of people, from the top to the bottom, that really all I can say. It's worth the experience in getting a job here, you can really tell what your made of when you work here.
Pros
independent
Cons
waking up at 530am
A dysfunctional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 February 2018
At this company the Upper Management and HR turns a blind eye to things they simply do not want to acknowledge.

This has fostered a work environment where harassment and workplace violence is common. Even when procedure is followed to report such instances , the HR department simply turns a blind eye. Leaving loyal employees in unsafe work environments.

On top of that the upper management will not allocate the most basic of resources to run the branch.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, questionable Management and HR
Reasonable evironment
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 January 2018
Based on my opinion I feel that a typical day at the workplace was very reasonable and fast pace. This company is very disorganized on how they handle customers situations.
Pros
free lunches, reasonable pay, good hours, comfortable zone, meet new cool people
Cons
favoritism, racism, disorganization, cheap
Over all good environtment
Repair Operations Coordinator (contract) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON7 January 2018
comfortable pay. flexible hours. There is a hierarchy. always better to work at head office. if your looking for steady pay and have a good personality its a great place to work.
Pros
Staff is friendly and diverse
Cons
Lots of back logged work
Can be busy and handling customer let downs
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 December 2017
Extra retail pressures to exceed expected numbers. Fulfilling when achieved. As management its a full day of different responsibilities from reports, meetings to customer service.
Pros
Opportunity to have good earnings
Cons
Without support it is impossible to reach expectations.
Stress stress stress...they will make your life a circus.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
I have worked in this company in Toronto and Edmonton. Management was better in Toronto but in Edmonton "No comment". I had to leave because everyday the stress was getting bad to worst. I had worked there for 6 years but couldn't take it anymore. Since I work at a different rental company now I actually can differentiate the work culture and I DO NOT recommend this place. Specially in Alberta because the management is trash.
Like a family
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal11 December 2017
Very nice people, great team work with all departments, formation continues, easy work, customer service . Bonus every month and gifts. See all new cars models every years
40h in 4 days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Car and Truck Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.