DIRTT Environmental Solutions

DIRTT Environmental Solutions Employee Reviews

Stay away from this company
Supply management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
I didn't work there for very long but when I did I hated it. I worked in supply management but they had me work on the production floor to learn my job. I had no business being there as I had ended up with ruptured tendons on my right hand due to one of the machines that I had no training on. My hand is still screwed up even after being gone 4 years. I hated their open concept, sit where you want and you had to share your tiny space with 5 other people. No managemt direction and lack of training.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Horrible managent and lack of training
Lacking Direction
employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary14 March 2018
Company offers a unique solution to interior construction, Due to lots of management turnover company is lacking direction and communication. The preached culture does not exist
Pros
hot lunch
Cons
lack of communication, outdated management style
Good Company
Lead Hand for Shipping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
Good company to work for but long hours if on 4 day shift.

Very nice people to work with and for 2 dollars a day you get lunches and as many snacks and drinks you want.
Dirtt is a good company that looks out for the environment
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2018
My time working at Dirtt Environmental Solutions was brief.
They have excellent benefits for their employees. they offer additional training year round.

A lot of their departments seemed unorganized to me..
One of my favorite jobs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. Lunch made for the staff everyday. Some good people who worked there and always liked most of the supervisors that were there
Productive and fun place with Ping Pong table
Work Order Engineering Specialist and Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2018
Great place to work with amazing culture, i had a perfect moments during that time i worked in DIRTT Environmental Solutions, sometimes too much pressure at work but i highly recommend this company.
The best food
delivery cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
We really got to let ourselves become very creative for this job. Every catering event or just for lunch we could come up with any idea of a dish and it be made to happen.
best place to work
Powder coat painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2017
always making sure they employees feel like a family and have everything that the need if not more then what is needed. Also have fresh lunch brought in every day and have month meeting with fresh food and goodies!
Pros
fresh lunch food
Cons
nothing
stay away from DIRTT Factory support roles
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Calgary27 October 2017
If you have an opportunity to work here, work in the Head Office, it will be great! However stay away from The factory offices and thier management, especially the COO.
work hard and get rewarded
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2017
fast paced work environment, lots to learn and wear many hats. Get hired for one position but do multiple other positions as well. If you are HIGHLY functional at a super high stress level this is a great place.
Pros
company events
Cons
high burn out rate
fun place to work, horrible management
Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2016
Really nice and fun place to work. That is if you are not in the health and safety department and subordinated to the COO who doesn't understand the purpose of HSE. Be warned there have been many HSE supervisors (they don'y use "manager" titles, but this is what the job was) in the recent years, all left or have been fired for "not fitting with the culture". The reality is that all clashed with the above mentioned COO......Extremely unprofessional. I have never been talk to like that never in my life!
Other than that: really innovative company, fun and relaxed work environment, smart co-workers and a lot of involvement in local organizations and causes. Awesome technology, cleverly integrated, really revolutionary.
Pros
free lunches, great colleagues
Cons
management
Productive fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary12 November 2014
it's a challenging work environment. The people are great!
Pros
hot lunches
Avoid if possible
Finance (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB4 July 2014
Deteriorating company with terrible management.
Started off well but the general culture of the company shifted for the worse with new management and when company when public.
Instead of laying off people they force you out in order to cut costs.
Stressful environment
AP (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2014
As good as the company is there are many negatives about this company. The first one is lack of managerial skills specially in the AP department. There is always negative criticism and demotivating. Rarely appreciates, too much work pressure. One or more person are always missing due to stress or some other reason. Yeah food is good, but in that stressful environment you loose your appetite anyways.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Stressful environment
Great Company with Modern Culture
Multimedia Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2013
I had a great opportunity to work with a numerous variety of people and enjoyed working here. I learned a massive amount of skills from the direct people I worked with. The culture is amazing and participation in company events are fun! The food is delicious and the people really want to be there. The only downfall was the "reactive" nature to the department I worked in and the lack of consistency and direction. There was no focus or objective to strive for and communication was lacking. Goals changed daily creating a disoriented and negative work environment. Management was not encouraging and seemed to have less knowledge on matters than the team did.
Pros
Parking and lunches
Cons
Reactive nature in department
Fast paced company
SR.CNC Programmer and Drafter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2013
Very stable company to work for. Family oriented company. Management treats everybody equal.
Pros
hot lunches everyday