Direct Traffic Management Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Traffic control technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2018
Forget about having any sort of life out side of work. Management doesn't care about any concerns you or if the vehicles you're using for work are broken. You have no job security at all. Worked there for about a year and got paid off and told not bringing me back next season with out even a reason. They go through staff like candy never the same person there for long and they don't even pay you for the job you actually are doing.
I would not recommend this company to any one.
Be Very Afraid
Flagger/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB2 December 2018
I worked here for a month and I do not think they should be allowed to employ people. You are treated like dirt and are severely under paid for the work that is required of you. The management is sketchy and the whole place thrives on gossip and rumors. Very unprofessional employer. The only good thing about working here are meeting up with some other cool people who got suckered into the same undesirable job as you did.
Pros
Work outside
Cons
long hours, low pay, poor management/supervision, drivers spit, swear and throw garbage at you, no work schedule, no benefits, no energy to do anything after work
Terrible management!
Flagger/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB27 June 2018
very unorganized and dishonest with regard to time sheets. If your TC does not like you, then you will suffer come payday. I would not recommend this job for my worst enemy!!!
Pros
Fellow flagspeople
Cons
Co-Workers makes it fun and easy
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2018
An easy place to work with minimal supervision and a good salary. There is a lot of free time some days and no free time on other days. the work is challenging at times but the people you get to work with makes it easy and sometimes fun.
Pros
Downtime
Decent job
Labourer (Helper) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 August 2017
The job has it's inherent dangers, that's just the industry. Overall the company does it's best to mitigate these hazards, protecting the workers, clients and the public.

Coming from a health and safety background, I was impressed by the support from management, as well as front line team leaders. Team leaders were very upfront that if you felt that something was unsafe, that a work refusal was acceptable. That being said, I never felt that anything asked of me was unsafe.

Direct was a great company to work for and wish them all the best.
Pros
Long hours, Good Culture, Good Communication with Management.
Cons
Long hours, Inherent risk from drivers, exposed to weather conditions, short notice of work.
Work work and more work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 August 2017
You find out your schedule daily. You're expected to work 6/7 days per week. Dangerous conditions. On the road driving for more than 8 hours a day. Bosses are always looking to push the legal envelope.
Pros
Decent pay, and time off at Christmas
Cons
Long hours. Lack of respect. You're just a number
drive around and travel to new places
Laborer/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
usually we have good contractors that we deal with but when they are not nice its can be a downer.. Night shifts are cool but then they ask you to work weekends also. Not good for your back if you lay in the truck all day.. Extremely dangerous job...
Pros
Cons
no life/night shifts
around the clock up beat tempo
Crew Labour / Flagmen (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 February 2016
The hardest part about working at Direct, was the consistent lengthened hours that could occur while your already on a shift, as well most of your work day is spent inside your work truck. What I've gained and am proud to say that this Job has given me personal growth as I learned about road measurements as well as surveying.
Driver / Flagman / Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 August 2015
Good place to work. Always willing to send you to any job site. Friendly staff. Management easy to speak to and very approachable.
Long hours with downtime
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 November 2012
A typical day would be going to the shop and loading all of the materials we need for the shift including; barrels for lane closures, various traffic signs, pylons, etc.
Head out to the job site and contact the contractors doing the job. The contractors advise us on what they would want from us and when we could set up different lane closures.
After setting up a lane closure we would protect the contractors and stay alert for the duration of our shift.
When the contractors were done for the night, we would open the traffic lanes and head back to the shop
Pros
long hours, working consistently 12 hour days
Cons
downtime during shifts