Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Canada146 reviews
The job itself was great. Had I not been laid off, I would still be there.

Management at the time was terrible but since working there, that particular individual has moved on.

Office people were very nice. Technicians were great.
They are racist and openly talk about all staff members behind their backs and not inform them of issue customers call in about but you will hear it amongst coworkers.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
The staff is malicious
Good Working place, Mgmt understand work place issues and help to resolve, appreciate entire team and provide gits after accomplish any project, I still wear jacket with logo of Direct Energy.
Very customer focused. All work together to provide great IT solutions for internal and external customers. Great worldwide workforce and Project management processes.
As a installer or a service and maintenance tech at direct energy the expectations to get sales leads and help generate revenue are far greater then any other trades related work you’ll be doing. In fact if you’re not one of the top producers as far as revenue goes they will cut your hours and give work only to those who can sell . Ethically or not .
Very good company overall. Expectation of performance, but empowered management style. Many opportunities to learn different parts of a Retail business.
Very boring job wait until people call you commission is not bad though however you only get minimum wage so not the best. Strict policies about phones and outside stuff.
Start @ 7:30 print off pay pay and Moneris
match money and jobs

Learned how to match the jobs with the invoices and how to correct the invoices.

Management wasn't that great.

was dealing with office politics

Most enjoyable part was listening to how others handled Customers on the phone.
i worked for direct energy through a call centre. i did not work directly for direct energy.

was a good place to be employed.

efficient people to work for
I have been working at Aventura Marketing full-time for more than a year

No Doubt, THE BEST Place to work! I really appreciate and thank you so much for all of the opportunities this company has provided me which has not only helped but, is helping me to grow technically, professionally as well as personally. I have learned so much in this past 1 year (and still learning from this great place), and will never forget the kindness of management and all of my colleagues. Aventura Marketing is just filled with lots of opportunities at every level of career. Awesome people to work with, always ready to help, encourage and support.
Cons
Haven't found any cons till date
You will work shifts that are very regimented and off hours with no flexibility.
You will be told to sell sell sell daily.

You will pay Union dues that support people who have no interest in your well being.

You will hate this job.

You will find out the hard way if you work here.

Dishonesty and greed is the company mind set.

Good luck
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Prison
You have to be aware of your time access card and be at your computers at the correct time. You have to watch your pay stub as you would work on the holidays and still not get paid for holiday payment. As well as your bathroom breaks consider is your lunch break and a part of your 15 minute break oh, so that means you be deducted money
Pros
If it's someone's birthday you get cake
Cons
Don't work on holidays, and watch your pay
Work at minimum wages.
No benefits.

Not paid my dues for 2 months, worked without money.

Still waiting for my wages to come after many months.

Avoid please.
Its a wonderful company to be with. Really respects its employees and pays well. They also provide interesting bonuses and offers all year round. Actually, that really value your handwork.
I like it very much, I want to work in it again! And I love the workplace culture,too. I like to contact the people for the items the Company means. I try to work for the Company as before.
Pros
As it like.
Cons
No request.
we would meet at the marketing branch and typically speak about our goals and how we would obtain them. I would forecast the locations and apply a strategy to make the most sales
Was great, learned a lot at this company and had many mentors. Our division was eventually shut down and relocated to the US where operations continued.
It was a nice place to work at, and I learned a lot of new skills. I did not wish to continue there as I was searching for something that required more hands on work.
I was on a fun hard working team. I learned a lot about working in an office and admin work. There was always fresh muffins around for anyone to enjoy and the office was close to home.
Pros
Free muffins
Cons
na
Typical day resulted into making calls and taking calls in order to close the sales to earn commission. Sales job that requires a unique selling style into making customers "want" into "needs"
I really enjoyed working for MIC.Its an amazing company to work for and the culture is good too. My manager and coworkers were equally good and helpful.