DIRCAM ELECTRIC

DIRCAM ELECTRIC Employee Reviews

Canada61 reviews

apprenticeelectricianforemanguyrepetitiveelectricalterriblesite

Poor Management

The owner and management will promise you a lot with nothing go through. A lot of repeated job with close to nothing to learn by apprentice. Not the place to learn.

Cookie cutter company

Owner only cares about getting the work done, good luck learning the skill trade. You'll be stuck doing 1 task for 3 years straight if you don't speak up or, quit for a better company. Owner loves to sweet talk and is extremely sneaky. You will not be signed up as an apprentice until you're on you there for 2 years at least. Revolving door, as usual. Terrible company to be apart of. Avoid at all cost

Pros

40 hours week

Cons

Cheap, No proper tools/materials, bad management

Insights into DIRCAM ELECTRIC

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things

Growing company needs high drive, high energy people

Its a rapidly growing company, whose own success can be a challenge. If its the same old, 9 - 5 job where nothing changes, its likely the wrong company for you. If you driven by making the most money with the least effort, again, likely not the right company for you. If you up for a challenge. wanting to be part of an help grow along with the company then this is a company with a solid foundation that is growing.

Productive and fun workplace

One of the best companies to work for in the industry. Very knowledgeable staff and office support, all tools and equipment is provided for you. Management is very supportive to feild workers. Good all round company.

Pros

In house association, great pay, year round employment, many varieties of projects available to work on.

Cons

Some employees lack confidence.

Best company I have ever worked for

Dircam is by far the best company I have ever worked at, from management to foreman to other electricians and apprentices. Things run smoother at this company than anywhere else I have ever worked and even when there is a problem the foreman is always willing to help with any problem solving needed. Dircam has a lot of work so you never feel worried that you might be getting laid off but they also don't let the fact that they are busy make you feel the need to cut corners. No matter how experienced you are, or inexperienced, there is constantly something new to learn. They pay better than most companies in the GTA, provide benefits, uniforms and most of all always make you feel like part of the team. Would definitely recommend to anyone, whether you're an electrician or apprentice to come work here.

Pros

Excellent management, great work hours, always something new to learn/do.

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Great Place to build a knowledgeable career

I've been working at Dircam for 3 years now and I couldn't be more happy with my job, I've been learning so much over the past few years not only about the trade but also on how to improve myself as a person and being a harder and smarter worker. My superiors always took the time of day to show me new things and or how to better my work. The pay is better than most non-companies especially with the working hours, I would 100% recommend working here if you're just starting off your apprenticeship or looking for a new job as an experienced apprentice/licensed electrician. Your work and effort doesn't go unseen here as per my experience.

Pros

Pay rate, hours, people, learning, advancing, diversity

good work place- worked in winter- very cold- but they provided warming areas

wish I could have continued my apprenticeship- I have a disability- head injury- mostly deaf from that car accident- hasn't been easy to get back to work- and Dircam tried to make accommodations for me

Pros

great training and co-workers

Cons

couldn't do the job- my hearing mostly- wish I had more time to learn it

Do not stay here! Find a different job

This company is only where it is because of the owner constantly hiring people who are desperate for work. Owner sweet talks everyone, so be careful. Do not work here for your electrical apprenticeship. It's a huge waste of time. The job is repetitive, low paying, no brain needed. Tons of electrical companies in Toronto. Don't be a victim to fill another person's pocket.

Pros

A job

Cons

Slavery, stupidity, no materials, bad tools, management

Modern day slavery

Dircam has mostly high rise work. If you enjoy repetitive unskilled work..dircam is for you. Wages are below industry standards as with working conditions. A lot of "company man" come and go because of broken promises by the owner. It's a revolving door, owner sweet talk new hires - guy's figure out owner's games and quit - new hiring spree. No one here can say they've been with dircam 10+ years. However, you can easily find people who's quit dircam in less than a month

Owner very cheap and broken promises

Worked there for 1.5 years , unorganized, does not pay decent compared to other non-union companies, I was a foreman for them and 4 of us quit at once, after we quit he gave everyone raises , scared to lose everyone, owner is unappreciative and selfish , very sneaky talker....

A place for people who don't know any better

Simply put, dircam is a company that should've been bankrupt ever since. The reason it's still, somewhat floating is because people are willing to work for pennies here. Hopefully "cheese" doesn't have too long before it goes rotten. That'll be the end of "dir-can't" electric.

Waste of tme working here

Don't do it, A lot of new kids out of school come here and apply for a job with no experience and the owner uses them as slaves for pennies and broken promises. Avoid at all cause, ask any reputable trades man who's been in the industry for a while, dircam is know as a bottom feeder with terrible tradesman. I quit after 1 week of working here, Experience tradesmen knows their worth, Dircam is a company for people who lack common sense.

Productive and Fun place

a typical day at work is really fun as time flys by when your busy working with a great team. Usually preparing materials for the site and delivering them to the foremen.

Electrical Apprentice

I've run multiple jobs as an apprentice with dircam, only to not get registered through OCOT. After 2 years of the stress, terrible pay, bad management, unorganized job sites. I called it quit for a better electrical company. Very repetitive work here and not a lot to learn.

Company's slowing down

The company is becoming more and more slow since all of the full time, experience electricians are gone. We all left because the owner of dircam didn't care about anything, or anyone. I've had days where i had to go to home depot and buy materials for the job I'm doing on dircam's job site with my money. The owner has a guy in the shop that literally counts wire nuts before he sends them off to job sites. The company pay is bas. Don't work here, you will regret it!

Truly a waste of apprenticeship hours

No care for any employees here, once you're good at a task. Congrats, it's your job for years to come. No one learn anything here as it's all high rise labour. Apprentice install over 1000+ plugs and switches or, chipping concrete or, pull wires, etc, for years without experiencing any other things. You get one job and that job only. When your job runs out on your job site, you get shipped to another site to do the same thing anoth

By far the worst company on my resume

Had to buy materials with my own money for job sites No sense for safety here Apprentice running jobs as forepersons Owner will threaten you to get jobs done wait 4-5 years before you get OCOT registered No decent electrical workers can be found here A lot of new immigrant with no Canadian experience works here

Pros

a job

Cons

terrible working conditions, owner is useless, too many lies

Owner is a good business man

Owner only cares about his end of the year net profit. Guys come and go here every week. A lot of good guys left dircam because they know their worth and got a better job somewhere else. Most of the guys that stays here are either lazy,un-skilled or, a new immigrant trying to make ends meet. for anyone with a desire to be great in the electrical field and well respected...first step is avoid this company. it's a bad drug that goes downhill for here. also take a home depot contractor card because you'll have to buy materials for the job when the shop stop ordering materials because "it's too expensive".

Pros

Leaving this company

Cons

too many apprentice, no skilled workers, sweatshop of the electrical field

good company

I enjoyed working with Dircam if you are a hard worker, honest and show interest your job you will go far. very reputable company. I left to pursue something else and left on good terms and have nothing bad to say about them i was always treated fairly and had good communications with management.

Dircam truly is a great place to work.

I moved to Canada from Australia on a two year working visa. In Australia, I worked at some of the highest regarded companies in the industry with excellent working standards, conditions and pay. When I started at Dircam I was welcomed with open arms from management and fellow employees. Canadian terminology and techniques were different to what I had been accustomed to, but everyone at Dircam was helpful and kind when explaining Canadian terms and process. This not only helped with the transition into a new workplace but a new home too. After a few months of employment at Dircam, I felt right back at home. I had no friends or family in Canada when I arrived but the team I worked with on site quickly became my community. Working with such a great group of people made coming to work very easy and enjoyable. The friendship often extended beyond the workplace, getting together for birthdays, sporting events and the like. Importantly, Dircam has the highest safety standards - safety procedures and meetings were thorough with any risk mitigated. Dircam’s excellent pay and benefits will be the things that attract people to the company but it’s the camaraderie and culture that will keep you with this company for a very long time. I can honestly say, Dircam has made my Canadian experience really enjoyable and I’m grateful for the experience.

I started my apprenticeship here and I have been nothing but happy to be here growing to be a great electrician

Dircam is one of the highest paying companies out there. Not only that but it’s like a family here everyone is friendly we all take care of each other to make sure the job gets done, not only that but everyone is so kind to help teach you and share all their own knowledge. Dircam has tons of work and is a place that will help you grow into an amazing electrician. They will always make sure you have minimum 40 hours a week. This is the company you would be thankful to be in.

Pros

Coworkers are great, pay, they try to keep you close to home, very understanding, all kinds of training available

Cons

Like every job when the work picks up u gotta work very long hours but the pay is great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIRCAM ELECTRIC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement