DILICO ANISHINABEK FAMILY CARE Employee Reviews

Dilico
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 April 2019
Working in child services expanded my experience in caring for youth, as well as youth at risk. I loved this position, caring for children and responding to appropriate needs and situations.
Pros
Cons
working shifts alone
Family based focus
Intake Case Management Services (Former Employee) –  Longlac, ON12 July 2018
Excellent dedicated employees, team players, assist with family needs very well, great use of outside resources, pay could be higher but is fine, no other comment, thank you
productive work place
One to one worker (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 February 2018
typical work day would be getting kids food, ready for school, trying to remind them the difference between wrong and right. tying to keep the kids to follow rules and make sure there in the house for there curfew
Unprofessional leadership and favoritism
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 September 2017
The job was enjoyable but management and agency operates unprofessionally. Micro aggressions and bullying happen to often at the management and senior management levels. Lots of favoritism results in highly unqualified individuals being placed in certain positions. Management is unqualified, making advancement difficult. Those that pursue higher learning or education often face discrimination and bullying from their less qualified managers. Overall, gained a lot of experience, but a very toxic work environment.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Toxic management
Working with families was a positive step in helping them become better and responsible parents
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 August 2016
Day at work involved handling 17 caseloads, working with many people and departments, outside contacts, enjoyable part, seeing a family move forward. I was happy to see families united and was able to close several files before my contract was done.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours at times, depending on the caseload you were on
Overall this company gave me a lot of experience in many different areas. Working in the Facility Operations Department was an awesome experience.
Acting Facilities Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 July 2015
A typical work day would include meeting with staff to talk about what was scheduled for the day and who was assigned to what task. Going through emails for any issues or projects that were to be dealt with. Attending any meetings that would pertain to any building related issues or needs. Meeting with contractors to talk about time, scope and budget. Problem solving any issues that revolved around time, scope and budget of the project. Communicating to stakeholders any project related issues, how the project was going and ensuring project completion. Dealing with any project changes and doing so with appropriate procedures. Making sure the staff and contractors were abiding by Health and Safety requirements. Also ensuring the safety of clients. Dealt with Security throughout the agency (In town and out of town). As an Acting Manager i had a great staff who could come to me with any issues and also worked very hard and knew their jobs.
Pros
awesome staff, great work hours, openness, advancement, benefits
Cons
Always on call
Job Security
District Child Welfare Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 November 2014
I worked for this agency for a very long time. I loved the work I did. Serving the communities working with the children and families, and I had fantastic staff who gave their all.

I was shocked, saddened, hurt, blown away, that I was let go for no reason given after dedicating so many years of my career.

However, bygones be bygones...Life goes on....Dilico does fantastic work with the children and families. The dedication of the staff is amazing, and the joy of helping, teaching, mentoring, counselling, is something I will forever be greatfull for having the opportunity to do in my life.
I WILL find another job doing what I love to do.....
Pros
Fullfilling job
Cons
job security