DILICO ANISHINABEK FAMILY CARE

DILICO ANISHINABEK FAMILY CARE Employee Reviews

Great people and culture been with them for about 6 years now haven't had any big issues they really seem to want what is best for the children,it would be great if they would give the fostering families a paid weakened in a hotel one or two times a year for all the extra things families do for them in other words some kind of appreciation even a pizza night would be great.
Pros
Direct deposit every month
Cons
Some workers no empathy
Work- life balance and self care are important. Time management skills are essential. Need to be able to check biases. Communication and patience are assets.
Stressful job, a lot of responsibility without adequate training (welcome to child welfare). Very rewarding when things are going well, and very stressful when things are not.
Unpredictable days due to the nature of the work. Opportunities for trying other positions within the agency. Friendly co-workers. Decent wages and benefits.
Offer many training opportunities and cultural training to prepare you for the field and understanding for the participants we were working with. This job challenged my views.
Organization lacks respect of non-indigenous persons. Favours 'their own'. A revolving door. No appreciation of work accomplishments. Edits reporting to the MOHLTC to appear they are adhering to quality of workmanship and legislation's. Children are only statistics; foster care homes are care-less and social workers do not thoroughly check in and abuse and mortality rates are TOO high!
It is a very diverse agency that works well in the community and has a lot of different departments and co-partners with the different essential needs of the community. It stands behind their employees if any problems arise and help clients in many different ways. So many different race also work within Dilico a very fair company to work for.
Mental health side properly managed but funding so low you don't get a fair wage. Child welfare side great pay and benefits but no work life balance. Also, very poorly managed. Managers have no idea on how to properly distribute caseloads and do not put much effort into supporting their staff. Upper management very corrupt. They do not care at all about helping families just numbers and stats.
Good place to work; Monday to Friday-days. Allows for great work-life balance. Time off for emergency situations was never a question. Allows you to prioritize your family.
The values of the agency are great as is the wage and benefits. Management is generally very helpful. HR and Senior Management could be a bit more sympathetic to employees experiencing burn out due to the type of work. Very high turn over rate due to the amount of work and how stressful the job can be. Case loads are often higher than ministry standards but this is due to the high turn over. There needs to be some sort of program looking into employee retention and wellness.
Working in child services expanded my experience in caring for youth, as well as youth at risk. I loved this position, caring for children and responding to appropriate needs and situations.
Pros
Cons
working shifts alone
Excellent dedicated employees, team players, assist with family needs very well, great use of outside resources, pay could be higher but is fine, no other comment, thank you
typical work day would be getting kids food, ready for school, trying to remind them the difference between wrong and right. tying to keep the kids to follow rules and make sure there in the house for there curfew
The job was enjoyable but management and agency operates unprofessionally. Micro aggressions and bullying happen to often at the management and senior management levels. Lots of favoritism results in highly unqualified individuals being placed in certain positions. Management is unqualified, making advancement difficult. Those that pursue higher learning or education often face discrimination and bullying from their less qualified managers. Overall, gained a lot of experience, but a very toxic work environment.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Toxic management
Day at work involved handling 17 caseloads, working with many people and departments, outside contacts, enjoyable part, seeing a family move forward. I was happy to see families united and was able to close several files before my contract was done.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours at times, depending on the caseload you were on
A typical work day would include meeting with staff to talk about what was scheduled for the day and who was assigned to what task. Going through emails for any issues or projects that were to be dealt with. Attending any meetings that would pertain to any building related issues or needs. Meeting with contractors to talk about time, scope and budget. Problem solving any issues that revolved around time, scope and budget of the project. Communicating to stakeholders any project related issues, how the project was going and ensuring project completion. Dealing with any project changes and doing so with appropriate procedures. Making sure the staff and contractors were abiding by Health and Safety requirements. Also ensuring the safety of clients. Dealt with Security throughout the agency (In town and out of town). As an Acting Manager i had a great staff who could come to me with any issues and also worked very hard and knew their jobs.
Pros
awesome staff, great work hours, openness, advancement, benefits
Cons
Always on call
I worked for this agency for a very long time. I loved the work I did. Serving the communities working with the children and families, and I had fantastic staff who gave their all. I was shocked, saddened, hurt, blown away, that I was let go for no reason given after dedicating so many years of my career. However, bygones be bygones...Life goes on....Dilico does fantastic work with the children and families. The dedication of the staff is amazing, and the joy of helping, teaching, mentoring, counselling, is something I will forever be greatfull for having the opportunity to do in my life. I WILL find another job doing what I love to do.....
Pros
Fullfilling job
Cons
job security