DILAWRI GROUP OF COMPANIES Employee Reviews

Do yourself a favour - avoid this group
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
before you apply any jobs in car business, make sure that dealership is not part of Dilawri Group. Reason? Just read other reviews, cover pretty much all aspects. All the good reviews I think posted by new hired employees who are excited about their new jobs.
Do yourself a favour, avoid Dilawri Group, don't waste your time.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
almost everything
It's the team, no it's Family!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 August 2018
Working for the Dilawri organization can be very dynamic and challenging. That being said, I really enjoy working with the team of people around me. They make each day worth coming in, and its great to so so many people get promoted from within the company. Our car allowance excellent, and its really nice how all employees are eligible for it after working 3 years for the company. I don't think there are other places that do that.

Workplace culture is very team orientated, yet can be competitive in a fun way too.

Benefits are quite good too, and making claims with the online ap is very easy.

The hardest thing each day is the large amount of pressure that can occur, but working with a great team makes this much easier to deal with.

While everything is not perfect, its a very good company to work for, and after 18 years of being here I am happy that I chose a career here.
Pros
Dynamic, Good benefits, Great People, Car Allowance.
Cons
High pressure.
Great people, Great Community Support
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
I've worked for this company for 16 years. We are very fortunate to have a lot of great people. Check out the Dilawri Foundation, or Dilawri's support of the Ride to Conquer Cancer. We have a lot to offer, come check us out.
Great people and core values to match!
Parts (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2018
Being an employee of the Dilawri Group of Companies has been great so far. I’ve been treated fairly, and managers are keeping their doors open. It’s been much better than all previous automotive jobs I’ve had. This employer values passion, hard work, loyalty and a positive attitude. There’s amazing, talented and skilled people to work with, which will allow you to thrive and become better everyday. The company provides regular opportunities for training and they also promote from within.
Pros
Constant recognition, amazing co-workers, team environment
Cons
Nothing at the moment!
Awesome company
Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2018
The company is performance driven and make no secret of that, but the rewards are fantastic and the support from management is as strong as I've experienced. Also with the continuous expansion there's no shortage of opportunities. I've had the pleasure of working with Dilawri for 4 years now in Calgary. The city has seen some tough economic times recently and despite this pay has remained good for all employees and moral stayed strong. If your looking for somewhere to start or continue progressing your career, I would strongly recommend Dilawri.
Pros
Support and opportunities
Cons
If you are thinking of applying ....
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2018
Don't do it.
There are always reasons why you should, but, overall it is true what has been already stated in previous reviews.
What's interesting to note that in the automotive industry, in general, people's advancement is linked to time served. That is to say you are promoted to manager without the necessary skills needed to manage people. A great sales person may be the best they can be selling vehicles. But put them in a managerial role, without any HR training or mentor-ship program, and watch the tides turn and staff head for the door.
What's worse is a large organization like this has the ability to change the way it promotes from within but ignores the telling signs of bad managers.
Pros
Overall staff ambition and eagerness
Cons
Managers
Avoid this group. Honestly.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2018
This group is 100% profit oriented. All they care about is short term profit maximization and being the largest group in Canada but NOT the best. Employees and customers get screwed so bad for that goal. This group is not interested in happy, loyal and proud employees. Same goes for customers. All businesses but the car industry in particular is driven by trust. I met quite a few current and former customers and 90% of their stories and experiences are negative. Terrible in some cases where it turns your stomach around.
As the owner having that much financial security already for myself and several generations, I would focus more on making this group awesome to work for and to do business with.
I personally thing it's just about making the overall numbers look great in order to sell the group even though it's internally broken.
I'm curious if the owner knows and approves what's going on here.
Pros
I like my direct coworkers
Cons
Beside the above novel, bad treatment and pay
Best career move I've ever made!
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2018
I came to the Dilawri Family a few years ago and have never looked back, from being a the previous group for almost 10 years. I love how this group is all about progressive/forward thinking and always looking at the "big picture" but more importantly, The Dilawri Group is all about being customer and employee-focused, which of course you couldn't have one without the other in my humble opinion.

No workplace is perfect and with any family there are ups and downs, but there is a reason why this is the biggest automotive dealer group in Canada (and still growing!), and there's no way that could be possible without taking care of their employees, the communities, and last but not least, their customers.
Pros
Great employee benefits, Dyb, great management and great staff.
Cons
None.
Great family atmosphere
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
I have worked.for the dilawri groups for just over 3 years now and have found them to be an awesome group to work for.i have been promoted from within from and I feel like I'm being heard and my ideas are taken into consideration. And some of them come to fruition. Every company has it's own set of quirks but I find that the dilawri groups a far and few between, coming from the last job I was at the atmosphere feels like .ore ot a family than it does a workplace.
Pros
Great benifits, great atmosphere, advancment from within
Great staff
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2018
You get to work with such great people. There is always something new to learn and new training is readily available to learn new technology and get a better understanding of how things work. I love the people I work with, the company is there to help you better yourself as an employee.
Pros
Hour lunch, no Sundays and stat holidays off.
Cons
Company could use some revamping of some management and better work life balance.
Worst culture I have seen!
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2018
I can honestly say in many, many years in the car business that I have never seen such a horrible display from a company. The empty promises, always having to fight for your rightful pay month to month. And when they finally give it to you, they act like they are doing you a favour! Employees have great ideas but these ideas ALWAYS go unheard. Advancement in this company is non-existent! What they say and what they actually do are two very different things! The one thing this company is good at is Micro- managing (if you like that sort of thing).
Pros
Saturday lunch
Cons
Everything else
Customer Focused/Career Driven
Internet Sales Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
The Dilawri Group of companies is a great place to work for.
My journey with Dilawri started two years ago and in that time I have acquired skills in my professional career that will stay with me in my future. I had an amazing manager who really cared about my life at work and at home. This company has been completely different than any other company I have worked for in the past because I felt a sense of importance that what I did made a difference. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a place to grow, learn and settle their roots.
Pros
Fun friendly atmosphere, accomodating
Cons
at times: workload
did not like working here
BDC- Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
the day of work was awful
management was AWFUL
workplace culture meh
hardest part of the job, waking up every morning just to go into that bleep hole, worst job ive ever had.
the most enjoyable part of the job, when i got to go home
A great place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  automall20 April 2018
if you're a hard working individual, you efforts will not go to waste with this corp. I've moved up quite quickly within this corp and i love it here.
Pros
always opportunity to grow within the company
Cons
can't think of any
Reports driven company with no care for there employees!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 March 2018
Focus driven on evaluating strictly by reports and financial statements, 3 months to 6 months turned around of there management team, with constant pressure to insure that the monthly financial statement looks good, it feels that this company is focus at leveraging there dealership rapidly so that the banks allows them to increase there finance line allowing them to purchase more dealerships, or maybe to prepare for an eventual stock option. They don’t take enough time for the personnel of a new acquisition to migrate towards there culture. With the massive amount of reporting needing to be done and reviewed for all levels of internal dealership management it is very challenging with only 10 hours work days for 6 days a week to be successful at maintaining a proper overall management of the daily, weekly and monthly duties.

Not a good group to work for!
Pros
Good reporting tools
Cons
No care for there staff. Long hours are expected more than normal.
Terrible management, would never work for Dilawri again.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2018
Former technician that was enticed by the opening of a new dealership. Promises were made and not kept, shop was poorly designed and run even worse. Would never work for a Dilawri group company again in any capacity. Steer clear.
Pros
Brand new shop
Cons
No management, broken promises, no job security.
Stay Clear
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
If you want to be under paid and over worked then by all means send in your resume to this absolute disgrace of a auto group! Not only do they massively under pay the management the culture from the top is by far and above the worst car culture i have ever personally seen. Not only are the "LEADERS" of this auto group completely without any real skill in the industry, they are also without any knowledge on employee retention or loyalty and have no issues with treating staff in the poorest manor. I would not recommend ever working for this company under any franchise for any reason!
Pros
Cons
the list is too long
Toxic Dishonest Work Culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2018
A flawed company with a toxic and dishonest work environment. Ethics are very questionable and management encourages, promotes, and rewards crossing moral boundaries.

Upper management is poor with no forward agenda and poor leadership skills. They talk a good game but never back it up. It is no wonder that this group has the highest turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
dishonesty, unethical, toxic work culture
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 January 2018
Make you work like dogs, but you get paid pretty much minimum wage (I’m a salesman). Everyone in the company is expendable and you are forever threatened. Don’t plan on trying to start a career here.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, bad management
Rewarding career
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2017
company has been great to me. I've worked with Dilawri Vancouver for 5 years - and everyone has treated me with nothing but respect.
they have a clear vision for myself - how to grow and where I can see myself in 5 years.
Pros
Great pay - above industry standard
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DILAWRI GROUP OF COMPANIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5