Dilawri Group of Companies

Dilawri Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Featured review
Dilawri Group of Companies selected this as a representative review
It is very entrepreneurial and you are given latitude to formulate ideas, with access to upper management to execute your ideas. Your day to day is never dull. With the industry as a whole in a state of flux and this company being the market leader, there are always new opportunities to explore, learn and develop. Great company to be growing with, in an exciting industry.
Official response from Dilawri Group of Companies
15 January 2020
Dear Reviewer:Thank you for your feedback. We're appreciative of your contribution and commitment to the organization and wish you continued fulfillment in your career with us.Regards.Dilawri Group of Companies
I have worked for the Dilawri Group (Calgary Region) for 17 years. They have encouraged my growth within the company and have given me access to extensive training to reach my goal and targets. I have had the opportunity to meet, work and learn from talented individuals and value the relationships i've acquired over the many years with the group. Lastly, and most importantly, they have given me the freedom and flexibility in my schedule to have a work life balance.I would recommend the Dilawri Group of Companies as an employer.
Horrible management. The place is a complete joke. The managers are rude and you are constantly worried about losing your job. Opportunity for advancement? Never ! Will you get a raise ? Definitely not, it’s on there policy to not give raises. You’re better off working at McDonald’s. I would highly recommend working at any other place than them.
Pros
Leaving everyday
Cons
Everything its horrible.
Went to this dealer group thinking they would be one of the best because they have the most dealership owned. Couldn't be farther from the truth! This place has a culture of recycling failed managers when they don't work or can't do the job in one store they will stick them in another! In 6 month I went through 2 GM's, 3 GSM's, 3 Used Car Manager's and never had a New Car Manager in 6 months! Couldn't even count the number of sales staff that cycled through in that time, but usually 1 or 2 new ones per week. And good luck collecting what you earned. "Dilawri Way" is to stiff you on your pay apparently! Avoid at all costs unless you are desperate or a really bad manager...
Pros
If you are terrible as a manager they will probably keep you, or try you at many different dealerships!
Cons
Just too many to possibly list. Corporate is the biggest though. It's not just one store, it's most ALL of them!
I started off loving this job working with a great team of sales people and the best sales manager I have ever met. The problems started with an awful GM who was very old school and full of bitterness from the years it took him to climb to the top under a cheap and cynical owner. So instead of rewarding excellence this imbecile was determined to make it increasingly difficult to accomplish the outstanding experience his team was so capable of delivering. He did this by constantly slowing the process with new checks and balances that were never required, cutting pay and adding fake incentives that were designed to be virtually unachievable, thereby cutting pay further, this fool even had the sales people doing lot guy’s work while demanding a premium “business formal” dress code. Needless to say, he was an irrational nightmare, but the sales manager was just the opposite with excellent teaching skills, very approachable, with a new school sales approach, he was supremely capable.Under this sales manager, the majority of the team earned over 100k per year, but then the GM hired a power hungry manager that was just like him and they slowly destroyed the place. All the best sales people left and it went down hill from there.I could go on and on but you must have got the gist of it by now.
Pros
Great staff in the beginning
Cons
Too many to name
I was laid off in April and told it was a 60+day layoff. It’s now been 5 months and the only communication I’ve had is when they thought I had found a new job and wanted to take me off benefits. Most of the time when I was working there I felt that my help was not valued and I was unheard.
As soon as covid hit they started trying to save money which is fine however 5-6 months of being laid off with everyone ignoring you and pretending you don't exist. Would not give any updates of any kind and ignored all communications. Job culture was almost non existent despite a few nice events here and there. i could say more but ill save it
The first two months of working with this company felt like a home. After the new management came, everything fell apart. You will be mistreated, bullied and pushed around.Management is very disorganized and very ignorant towards their employees well being and health. The pay is definitely not worth it for the work they expect you to do. You will be doing your job plus the sales teams job plus the lot attendants job on a daily basis plus more. Be prepared to commit illegal acts, drive without proper training, work until 10 at night and basically have no social life and have no time to even go to important health appointments.They will say you have a set schedule but you will be on call and get a 1 hour notice to be half way across Ontario. Getting a break is nonexistent, so acknowledge you will be on long drives to other cities without eating or getting a washroom break. And covid-19 procedures are not being followed. I don’t recommend applying unless you’re willing to lose your license where at that point you will be responsible for because they don’t care. Would never recommend anyone to apply for this position, ever.
Pros
Nonexistent
Cons
Managers were clueless. GM was never in the store and no one liked him. Sales managers couldn’t close any deals. Pay was terrible. All flats. Worst dealership I’ve worked at.
Terrible structure, no disciplined leadership. Turnover is constant and always. Quality of hires is poor. No one wants to work for the Group in Calgary
Working at a Calgary-based Dilawri dealership reduces you to a numbered asset. A tool to be utilized and discarded regardless of seniority or the impact you may have on the preocess. There is ZERO benefit to working for "Canada's largest auto group" and if anything that's the biggest drawback. There is no personality or corperate culture. Car allowance? Removed. Pay Structures? Reduced. Pay Raises? No, you'll be fired and replaced by a cheaper alternative. Autonomy and trust? No, everything you do goes through checks and balances to slow down the process and frustrate the employees and customers alike. It's hard to believe such excellent people work on the front lines for such an awful company. Sadly, the auto industry always has willing candidates that the Dilarwi group will continue to chew up and spit out at their leisure.
From the leader spews the toxicity that everyone buys into. The owner of the Calgary platform is terrible to work for and treats everyone as if they are worthless.
In my opinion, the Dilawri Group just takes advantage of employees and customers. They just care about short term profit, without customer or employee retention strategies. They achieve this profit by cutting costs everywhere, and charging customers as much as legally possible. Imagine a donkey being driven by a carrot on a stick, that could be you if you join.
Joined the company when the marketing department was relatively fresh—mostly new members. The marketing team has a strong team dynamic, work ethic, and positive culture.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Great Place to work with growth and Advancement. The culture here is amazing. The group cares for their employees. I started from a junior roll and climbed to Management.
My time with the Dilawri Group has given me an opportunity to work with some of the best automotive personnel in the business. The company has also given me the opportunity to lear and grow into new roles and responsibilities.
Employees at Dilawri Group of Companies are treated well. No matter what role you play in this organization you are valued. With so many dealerships there are many opportunities to move forward in the organization.
I look forward to my days to this day I love what I do and this excite me . check in in the morning walk through and greet my peers make sure things are moving along .follow up with the days events, and emails. I have learn if I love what I do on a daily basis stress is not a factor and even the un fore seen become simpler to deal with As a team working together our management team pulls together to make days as flawless as possible long term and short. culture is good a master mix of culture combine . the hardest part of the job is not having a customer satisfied with what we have done for them. there are so many good thing with the job is not easy to have a stand out at this time.
I have been working for the Dilawri Group in BC for many years now and honestly wouldn't consider working for another employer. It's a fun, Team oriented and respectful workplace. I would recommend Dilawri, the Largest Canadian owned Automotive Dealership Group to anyone considering working in the Dealership environment and for a Family who understands and invests in their Dealerships and staff for the long-term.
I am a part of the Dilawri Team in BC. I work in a positive environment that allows me to grow as an employee. Management is very organized and effective at covering all aspects of this business and supporting my needs to improve my departments business. I have never been treated in an disrespectful manner in turn, I have a great deal of respect for the group.
I have worked for dilawri group for the last years and it has been great for me. I have had the support of upper management and whenever I had any questions they were there to help out. It is a blast working for them and never a dull Moment.
Pros
Fantastic support