Play YouTube video button

Dilawri Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada183 reviews
Featured review
Dilawri Group of Companies selected this as a representative review
Always new opportunities to explore, learn and develop.
It is very entrepreneurial and you are given latitude to formulate ideas, with access to upper management to execute your ideas. Your day to day is never dull. With the industry as a whole in a state of flux and this company being the market leader, there are always new opportunities to explore, learn and develop. Great company to be growing with, in an exciting industry.
Official response from Dilawri Group of Companies
15 January 2020
Dear Reviewer:
Thank you for your feedback. We're appreciative of your contribution and commitment to the organization and wish you continued fulfillment in your career with us.

Regards.

Dilawri Group of Companies
Toxic environment
Terrible structure, no disciplined leadership. Turnover is constant and always. Quality of hires is poor. No one wants to work for the Group in Calgary
Toxic
Working at a Calgary-based Dilawri dealership reduces you to a numbered asset. A tool to be utilized and discarded regardless of seniority or the impact you may have on the preocess. There is ZERO benefit to working for "Canada's largest auto group" and if anything that's the biggest drawback. There is no personality or corperate culture. Car allowance? Removed. Pay Structures? Reduced. Pay Raises? No, you'll be fired and replaced by a cheaper alternative. Autonomy and trust? No, everything you do goes through checks and balances to slow down the process and frustrate the employees and customers alike. It's hard to believe such excellent people work on the front lines for such an awful company. Sadly, the auto industry always has willing candidates that the Dilarwi group will continue to chew up and spit out at their leisure.
Toxic
From the leader spews the toxicity that everyone buys into. The owner of the Calgary platform is terrible to work for and treats everyone as if they are worthless.
No corporate culture, no leadership
In my opinion, the Dilawri Group just takes advantage of employees and customers. They just care about short term profit, without customer or employee retention strategies. They achieve this profit by cutting costs everywhere, and charging customers as much as legally possible. Imagine a donkey being driven by a carrot on a stick, that could be you if you join.
Above average work place
Joined the company when the marketing department was relatively fresh—mostly new members. The marketing team has a strong team dynamic, work ethic, and positive culture.
Great Place to Work
Great Place to work with growth and Advancement. The culture here is amazing. The group cares for their employees. I started from a junior roll and climbed to Management.
Best Auto Group In Canada
My time with the Dilawri Group has given me an opportunity to work with some of the best automotive personnel in the business. The company has also given me the opportunity to lear and grow into new roles and responsibilities.
Engagement survey
Employees at Dilawri Group of Companies are treated well. No matter what role you play in this organization you are valued. With so many dealerships there are many opportunities to move forward in the organization.
living in the dream of others.
I look forward to my days to this day I love what I do and this excite me .
check in in the morning walk through and greet my peers make sure things are moving along .follow up with the days events, and emails.

I have learn if I love what I do on a daily basis stress is not a factor and even the un fore seen become simpler to deal with As a team working together our management team pulls together to make days as flawless as possible long term and short. culture is good a master mix of culture combine . the hardest part of the job is not having a customer satisfied with what we have done for them. there are so many good thing with the job is not easy to have a stand out at this time.
Employee for Life!!!
I have been working for the Dilawri Group in BC for many years now and honestly wouldn't consider working for another employer. It's a fun, Team oriented and respectful workplace. I would recommend Dilawri, the Largest Canadian owned Automotive Dealership Group to anyone considering working in the Dealership environment and for a Family who understands and invests in their Dealerships and staff for the long-term.
Dream Job!!!
I am a part of the Dilawri Team in BC. I work in a positive environment that allows me to grow as an employee. Management is very organized and effective at covering all aspects of this business and supporting my needs to improve my departments business. I have never been treated in an disrespectful manner in turn, I have a great deal of respect for the group.
Awesome experience
I have worked for dilawri group for the last years and it has been great for me. I have had the support of upper management and whenever I had any questions they were there to help out. It is a blast working for them and never a dull
Moment.
Pros
Fantastic support
Sales admin
Have been enjoying to work at this industry and my managers always give me extra attentions and cares. I really appreciate them.
I sometimes feel the pay is not fair.
Excellent company to work for!
Dilawri Group of Companies really care about their employees. They invest in your growth and makes sure you have the tools you need to be successful. Highly recommend this company!
You are there to make them money, nothing else.
There's worst places out there, but don't fool yourself you are not there to be a part of a team, treated as an equal or to advance your skills and learn- that's only for the managers and/or sales ambassadors- you are there to follow orders and make management money. You'll be a bottom line tool, not a person.
Strong teams make strong business.
At Dilawri we train and empower our teams to make sound business decisions with a customer first approach. As our team members build trust they are able to tap into their own entrepreneurial spirit to help drive their business units to win over happy customers. It's the team approach to customer satisfaction that makes working for Dilawri great. We see first hand how strong customer satisfaction results in great employee satisfaction as well.
Lack of leadership qualities in managers
Morale of the employees are reflected upon the leadership of the management, and the morale is low. Managers are very mood dependant and do not have management qualities. Company processes always changes. The harder you work the more work they put on you, everything that goes wrong will get passed on and fall on the person that works the hardest.
Best place to work
Having worked for Dilawri for over 8 years, I can confirm they are a progressive organization who appreciates their employees. They support community organizations which are close to all of us, from BC Cancer Foundation, Vancouver Public Library, Sick Kids Hospital, and more...further fueling my pride to work for the Dilawri Group of Companies.
Great Company!
Dilawri provides excellent leadership, great benefits, advancement opportunities and an amazing atmosphere. Dilawri also cares for the community having contributed millions of dollars throughout Canada supporting a variety of charitable causes.
Great place to work!
Great company. Always looking to be better. Understands the importance of employee work / life balance. Gives staff ability to grow and advance. Exciting times for team Dilawri!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dilawri Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.