Dilawri Group of Companies
Happiness score is 33 out of 100

Dilawri Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada207 reviews

Always new opportunities to explore, learn and develop.

Featured review

Dilawri Group of Companies selected this as a representative review
It is very entrepreneurial and you are given latitude to formulate ideas, with access to upper management to execute your ideas. Your day to day is never dull. With the industry as a whole in a state of flux and this company being the market leader, there are always new opportunities to explore, learn and develop. Great company to be growing with, in an exciting industry.

Official response from Dilawri Group of Companies

15 January 2020
Dear Reviewer:Thank you for your feedback. We're appreciative of your contribution and commitment to the organization and wish you continued fulfillment in your career with us.Regards.Dilawri Group of Companies

Good perks

Not a bad place to work especially for entry level car sales. Decent pay plan and benefit package. Free lunch at least once a week. Great Christmas parties as well.

Pros

Free Lunch Benefits Clean Workplace

Cons

Stressful at times Unreasonable Expectations from management

Toxic management. Unorganized.

Management cannot keep their emotions under control. Take everything as a personal attack. Policies constantly changing. The money is good, and the staff is wonderful, but the strain the job takes on your mental health is not worth it

Pros

Good breaks, decent pay.

Cons

Management, constantly changing procedures

Don't ever work here

They just going to use you and everything you can offer and let you go at the end without any explanation.No respect, no appriciaton for the employees. The worst company that I've ever worked for

Cons

Is there anything less than 0?

Began with a mentor promise. The mentor was promoted and replaced by a manager not willing to help anyone. As someone not prone to stress (even in otherwise stressful situations) stress leave is how I left. I broke out in actual hives at just the THOUGHT of having to go to work. Toxic and not accommodating.

Pros

People commiserate so creates comradery

Cons

Too many to list

Favouritism is rampant

This place, as well as all other dilawri group companies is full of boys clubs and pick me girls. They treat people who aren’t part of the frat culture as outsiders. They were the worst place I have ever worked at and I used to euthanize dogs and cats. 5 years later and they are still giving me a bad reference which I was told by my current employer! I was self trained and worked so hard, was timely and didn’t miss days but because I didn’t join the bros I was an outcast. Honestly, just stay away. The pay is laughable and work/life balance for that wage is a joke.

Pros

The day I quit

Cons

Too many to list

Favouritism, unfair environment

Unqualified individuals get moved up the ladder based on their internal connections, in turn they do the same, resulting in poor and poorer level of overall performance and organizational culture.

Pros

Cons

Unfair environment

Under valued, under paid, overworked

If you want long hours, tons of pressure, to be treated poorly and to make below market income, then this is the organization for you! So many great people work in this organization, it’s a shame that upper management doesn’t care about these people, the only thing that matters in this group is your last month results. The only thing constant is change in this group. The executive team, and management positions are revolving doors and these positions are almost always filled from outside the organization rather than promoting from within. Dealer Principal preaches the companies core values but doesn't follow them himself. Steer clear of this organization and don’t believe the promises, they are empty.

Pros

Lots of great people at the dealership level

Cons

Revolving door, below average pay, high pressure, long hours, bad culture from the top down

Low pay for the quality of work

If you like to work hard and get low pay this is the place for you. Management likes to keep all the money for themselves while sitting at their desks. Below average pay for above average quality.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Low pay, long hours, garbage managers

Very toxic culture

All they care about are numbers, with complete disregard for the HUMAN resources that achieve these numbers. Managers are unqualified to lead or manage people. Lots of very frequent turn over. No training or development for management or staff. Complete circus. Lots of great people recently left because of poor management. People don't leave companies, they leave bad managers.

Pros

Good brands

Cons

No job security, unhappy and toxic culture

A lot of work for little pay

My experience working at Dilawri KIA was interesting. When I first arrived it seemed good on paper. You get a salary and commission on top. Seems perfect right? However they use the term salary differently than how you think it is. When someone receives a salary that is guaranteed the same amount every month no matter how many hours. The job is full time and you work 40 hours a week. Our target is to sell 8 cars before hitting commission. You get a certain number after 12 and than after 18+ cars you sell. But what you don’t realize until it happens to you that one day you’ll feel sick or you’re not in at work you get money deducted. After knowing that than you realize that you’re working minimum wage and the amount that you receive every month is actually calculated by the amount of hours you put in. Also when you calculate the commission of each car you’ll also realize that you’re salary comes out to being 8 cars. So whichever way you look at it, it’s kinda bs. The staff at my dealership is really great but the Finance managers are very unreliable for delivery days and communicating with. The upper management are often disrespectful and try to give their employees the run around.

Pros

Best place to start

Cons

Not a place to stay forever

Great co workers and nice atmosphere,Calgary honda

Service atmosphere is always good and service management team is great. The higher up management is awful,you will never get a raise, if anything a pay cut, they like to change up the pay plan for the worse regularly and regularly reduce benefits. This is a good place to get into the industry but not the place to stay. Stay away from the sales department the turn over is crazy. Parts management is amazing and parts staff are great. Positive team atmosphere between parts and service.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

Poor upper management, No chance of advancement

***Best Auto Group in Canada***

I have worked for the Dilawri Group for over 6 years. In that time they have been supportive of my goals and aspirations to grow my career in the auto industry. The best part about being part of the Dilawri Group is being part of a winning team with a winning attitude. There is a constant pursuit of perfection and if you have a positive mentality and willingness to learn and put in the effort, you will do well.

Pros

Winning culture, lots of opportunity for growth, large company spread across 5 major metro Canadian cities

Cons

Impact of Covid on Auto business

Horrible Workplace

There is lack of training, guidance and support.You will be accused of non work related issues and you are expected to deal with it. Their is lack of appreciation so don’t expect anyone to appreciate the littlest good you do. Reception area employees make many errors. You will come across cash errors and it will never be addressed. Dealership is run down and not clean especially the employee areas. No career growth here. Avoid this location if you are building a successful career. Any good you do will go unnoticed here.

Pros

Non

Cons

Too many to list

Worst Upper Management and Ownership in the Industry

Its your honour to work for this company(In the owners mind). Always fell the staff is overpaid. Change pay plan every six month to try to cut more money from the staff. Good place to start your career cause always need to hire with everyone leaving.

Pros

Easy to get hire

Cons

everything you can think of a bad ownershoip

Challenging, supportive and rewarding work environment

I have worked for the Dilawri Group (Calgary Region) for 17 years. They have encouraged my growth within the company and have given me access to extensive training to reach my goal and targets. I have had the opportunity to meet, work and learn from talented individuals and value the relationships i've acquired over the many years with the group. Lastly, and most importantly, they have given me the freedom and flexibility in my schedule to have a work life balance.I would recommend the Dilawri Group of Companies as an employer.

Dilawri is without a doubt the most incompentent owner i've ever worked for

Toxcitity trickles down from Calgary Owner, seeing so many people overworked and underpaid compared to other Auto groups, you are expected to put in countless extra hours for no extra reward. Huge turnover with a new Regional director being hired every 2 years (obviously because dare to call out the owner)After working for another dealership its refreshing to see a company that treats people like people, try learning that Mr Dilawri.

Pros

occasional free lunch for working saturdays.

Cons

Poor work to life balance

Exciting and fullfilling employment

Working and meeting new employees was a pleasure .Company treated me good .Enjoyed my position doing mtce for the ten dealerships working directly under mr and mrs Dilawri .

Pros

Five yrs straight employment

Cons

Sometimes very busy

Worst place to work Calgary BMW

Horrible management. The place is a complete joke. The managers are rude and you are constantly worried about losing your job. Opportunity for advancement? Never ! Will you get a raise ? Definitely not, it’s on there policy to not give raises. You’re better off working at McDonald’s. I would highly recommend working at any other place than them.

Pros

Leaving everyday

Cons

Everything its horrible.

Bigger Isn't Better

Went to this dealer group thinking they would be one of the best because they have the most dealership owned. Couldn't be farther from the truth! This place has a culture of recycling failed managers when they don't work or can't do the job in one store they will stick them in another! In 6 month I went through 2 GM's, 3 GSM's, 3 Used Car Manager's and never had a New Car Manager in 6 months! Couldn't even count the number of sales staff that cycled through in that time, but usually 1 or 2 new ones per week. And good luck collecting what you earned. "Dilawri Way" is to stiff you on your pay apparently! Avoid at all costs unless you are desperate or a really bad manager...

Pros

If you are terrible as a manager they will probably keep you, or try you at many different dealerships!

Cons

Just too many to possibly list. Corporate is the biggest though. It's not just one store, it's most ALL of them!

The more you do or make the more they expect and the less they pay.

I started off loving this job working with a great team of sales people and the best sales manager I have ever met. The problems started with an awful GM who was very old school and full of bitterness from the years it took him to climb to the top under a cheap and cynical owner. So instead of rewarding excellence this imbecile was determined to make it increasingly difficult to accomplish the outstanding experience his team was so capable of delivering. He did this by constantly slowing the process with new checks and balances that were never required, cutting pay and adding fake incentives that were designed to be virtually unachievable, thereby cutting pay further, this fool even had the sales people doing lot guy’s work while demanding a premium “business formal” dress code. Needless to say, he was an irrational nightmare, but the sales manager was just the opposite with excellent teaching skills, very approachable, with a new school sales approach, he was supremely capable.Under this sales manager, the majority of the team earned over 100k per year, but then the GM hired a power hungry manager that was just like him and they slowly destroyed the place. All the best sales people left and it went down hill from there.I could go on and on but you must have got the gist of it by now.

Pros

Great staff in the beginning

Cons

Too many to name

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dilawri Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement