Digital Media Academy logo
Digital Media Academy

Digital Media Academy Employee Reviews

I got to do what I love for money.

I have been obsessed with music production for a while, and when I saw a job posting needing someone who knew how to use Ableton, I applied right away. I was paid a solid wage for a 2 weeks of work, teaching high school students in an amazing university environment something I was a pro at. I felt smarter just being on the campus (DMA teaches only at top-ranked universities) A typical day is just having fun, assigning tasks and projects to students, monitoring the students, having a blast so to speak, and helping students with their questions about your craft and inspiring them to pursue their dreams.

Summer Camp from the inferno regions

Residential Coordinators are paid 400$ per month with no weekends off and expected to work from 7 am until 1 am with "occassional breaks" this was a joke of a place to work and the harassment from a particular director led to me being embarassed and feeling bullied.

Hard, rewarding work for fair pay

Typical day includes teaching/TAing classes as small as 5 students and as large as 20. Curriculums are well made. Days are 8-11 hours, management always there to help. Things are often done at a moments notice and does not always operate as planned. Supplies don't always show up on time and strong critical thinking and improvisational skills are required. It can be a stressful job, and the kids can be a lot to deal with, but the pay is very good

Pros

good pay, informal environment

Cons

Stressful, tiring

Decent job for a week

Poor pay. Long hours. Exhausting children. The leader was fabulous and the staff made it worthwhile. We were teaching a curriculum far too difficult for the age group.

Fun environment, and a great learning experience.

This was a really enriching experience since I did not have any knowledge of the material I taught before I taught it! However, the training we received was fantastic and I felt really prepared before my first day.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Digital Media Academy?