DIGITAL ATTRACTIONS Employee Reviews

Fun and Fast-paced Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 May 2019
Working with tourists is very fast paced; expected to handle a lot of tasks in a short window. Job was really fun; make bonds with co-workers quickly.
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
A lot of angry costumers
Crazy But Fun Job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 February 2019
This company works in the tourist district, so be prepared to be thrown into stressful situations. Shifts can start as early as 7:45 am and latest shifts end at 11 pm. Most departments are standing outside, so the heat can get to you. Unfortunately, parking is very limited and hard to find.
A majority of employees are fun to be around, and lots of communication makes everything run smoothly. Management is professional and good at keeping things under control.
A large portion of employees are students and young adults, so this job is great for people looking for a seasonal (or all year) job. New-comers start with minimum wage and get a raise each year they come back. Management keeps an eye on employees' hard work and they can be promoted if the managers see fit.
Working here is pretty cool because everyone is accepting and easy to get along with.
Bonus if you see some celebrities walking through :)
Pros
Great people, Lots of learning experiences, Lots of laughs
Cons
Weather, No parking, Rude tourists
Amazing Experience Overall
Sales Associate and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 July 2018
I started working for Digital Attractions as a sales associate at the Journey Behind the Falls location for one summer, and continued working for them the following summer as a supervisor at their new locations, the Butterfly Conservatory and White Water Walk.

Overall my experience working for Digital Attractions was positive and I walked away with many skills that I can apply in my future jobs. I was always treated fairly and with respect by my managers and fellow employees.

Things that I would say were difficult and challenging about working for DA are the fast paced environment, stressful at times, dealing with tourists and unpredictable, uncomfortable weather circumstances depending on the location.

If you're looking for a job with good people, shifts that fly by, and an exciting environment, then Digital Attractions is for you.
Pros
Shifts feel short because of how busy things get, Positive and Exciting Environment, Work Events
Cons
Stressful Situations with Customers, Weather
Good Luck
Special Effects Editor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 March 2018
When I was there the manager was awful, ending in lots of tears all around. You are constantly being pushed to get photos and the tourists will call you every word in the book, I worked in FX and had a great time when I was alone running the shop.
Lots of egos, lots of undermining staff however the CEO buys us milkshakes sometimes!
Pros
CEO and owners are great
Cons
Long hrs, mandatory bus system and stupid management
Good first job
Guest Flow Associate /Photographer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 October 2017
A typical day includes interacting with tourists, answering questions and taking photographs.
Laid back work environment for how many customers come through.
Management polite, respectful and lenient.
Fun Summer Job to Make Money
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 September 2017
Hard to get time off, hot conditions, no parking. Days are typically 8 or more hours per shift. One 30 minute break (unpaid). Minimum wage typically. Hires within and promotes each season with raise.
Pros
Ability to move up in company
Cons
arduous schedule, hot conditions, stressful environment
Enjoyable workplace with great people
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 May 2017
Typically working 8 hour shifts, it was hard at times during the summer due to the heat. Otherwise, working with the other employees and management was great, as they were extremely friendly and helpful. Management was always willing to listen to any comments and try to improve on some aspects.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Heat
Review Summary of Digital Attractions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 September 2016
A typical day at Digital Attractions that is located in Journey Behind the Falls is usually stressful. With the constant worry of our hardware breaking down or people taking photos of the photos that we take of them, it can feel very overwhelming.
Throughout my summers at Digital Attractions, i've learned many different positions throughout the company. Print, where the editing and printing of the photos take place, FX, where special photos like the barrell shots are done, Cart, where the taking the photos take place. I've done each and every one of these positions, and each position have their own worries to worry about.
Management at Digital Attractions is poorly done. I don't believe everyone is treated equally there and things should defiantly change.
Coworkers at Digital Attractions are amazing. Everyone is so laid back, we take our jobs seriously but also have fun doing so.
I'd have to say the hardest part of the job would be to everywhere at once. Only because everyone comes out of the elevators at once, and it's hard to track everyone and make sure no one takes photos or tries to steal the photos which have been attempted before.
Lastly, I believe the best part of the job is when I hear how much fun the children and families had while they were down in the tunnels for Behind the Falls. People always come up so happy and they tell the sales representatives how beautiful it was down there and because they're so content they usually buy the photos that we take of them.
Digital Attractions is a good company to work throughout the summer, but it's time to move
  more... on and start somewhere new!  less
Pros
Surrounded around new Cultures and meeting new people
Cons
Long Hours
Fast paced environment. We use to receive approximately 17,000 or more tourists on a single day during the peak season.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 November 2014
It is a great place to enhance your communication and teamwork skills, as we manage big crowds of people from all around the world. We are most of the time working under stress and it can become overwhelming; however, it is a fun job if you know how to manage different situations.
Management and all departments consist on a big group of professional and extremely friendly people, we all work as a unit and get each other's back.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the overwhelming amounts of people, the weather, and standing most of the time. Nevertheless, you meet people from all around the world, make people laugh and smile, and work with a great team.
This job taught me to be outgoing and always active, improved my communication and teamwork skills, and learned to deal with stress, different problems and situations.
Pros
Great team, excellent experience
Cons
Working outside and standing most of the time
High Stress with Confrontational Managerial Staff
Image Editor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 April 2014
Excellent pay, worth the high stress environment. Helping coworkers, but terrible manager who went out of his way to make my experience working there abysmal at its best.

Work as a member of printing staff was engaging, and taught me good organizational skills to use in the future.

Workers receive a sizable discount to surrounding concession stands, so food was cheap.

If not for the managerial staff I would recommend this job, and seeing as I worked there in 2009 it is certainly possible that the manager in question has been replaced.
Pros
Cheap food, good pay, rewarding work
Cons
High stress, bad social environment, abhorred manager
Fun workplace, great team work.
Supervisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 December 2013
-learning to communicate with customers
-fast environment
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario5 March 2012
great place to work, you pick up a lot of communication skills due to dealing with many different cultures