Diesel Employee Reviews

3.5Job Security & Advancement
Very bad management team including area manager. Pressure to keep up with sales with no proper training. little pay
Supervisor/ stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
Terrible maanagemet including AM/DM. Lots of petty drama and little training but, still expected to hit weekly sales. Store was very slow and boring clothing was tacky.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Love the company hate who works here
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Awesome place to work, however management ruined it for me. No moving up as Canada only has two stores. Lazy manager = more work for all staff. ......
Pros
Amazing company
Cons
management
great
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 March 2017
Fun, challenging, fast paced. Excellent management. HQ partners were always on hand and ready to help in store management with any concerns. Great place to work in luxury retail and High end Denim.
Pros
Great management
Cons
low volume
Great experience
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 January 2016
Great and friendly working environment, that brought hard working hours but a great experience, as this was a great job that paid great.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
temperature conditions
Optimization supply chain - retail (mandate)
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal23 October 2015
• Develop a strategy to optimize the management of demand in the retail clothing market. The project aims to automate and significantly simplify the analysis of inventory distribution requirements between warehouses and stores. This project is made possible through the development of new interfaces between SAP systems and other enterprise sales systems.
• Manage project deliverables, including:
o Analysis of customer demand.
o Evaluation of required
o Development of the solution
o Support for test runs and acceptance of the solution
Up beat, high energy job with good management
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2015
A typical day at work would consist of organizing and putting all clothes back onto the floor, making payments and helping customers with sizing. Retail showed me a different side to customer service and I now feel as though I excel in customer service and feel very at home in that particular work environment. My co-workers and management were all very hard working, fun loving people and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job would have to be inventory, not that its difficult but opposed to organizing sizes. Working with Diesel I found I most enjoyed helping customers find something that they were excited to buy and take home. Customer interaction.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
Different schedule every week
Productive with a friendly work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2015
I had the privilege of managing my own section (Diesel) which allowed me to build my sales and clientele base in a way that I saw fit. It gave me the freedom to maintain ownership for my brand as well as keep a professional form of integrity. While doing so, I would also help my fellow Bay co-workers on sustaining the floor and assisting in transactions for other fashion brands available on my floor.
very hard working
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2013
stocking shelves, shipping and recieveing orders, working with team mates and alone. great communication skills, slow pased work.
Pros
flexible hours, benifits
Cons
heat
Great environment
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 January 2013
Diesel was a great job. It helped me boost my Sales Marketing strategies. I worked here part-time while I was in school. So I was able to apply what I was learning in Business Marketing and apply it to my day-to-day experiences at Diesel. I was much more confident working in Sales. I was the only one who would work at a time, it was a Diesel store inside of The Bay. I would definitely enjoy when it was busy, I like to constantly be on my toes and moving around.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
slow sometimes, being a section inside a department store
Environnement de travail agréable
Assistant Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2012
Principale taches de la journée:
Reception de marchandise.
Verification et inventaire.
Supervision du personnel de l'entrepot (verification des commandes).
Expedition de la marchandise ( supervision de l'embalage)
Prise de rendez-vous avec les clients et les transporteurs.
Tres bonne relation avec le personnel, bien que le travail se fasse sous pression.
Le respect des délais de livraison restent l'aspect le plus difficile. Le plus agreable reste toujour la satisfaction du client.
Pros
un rabais de 30% sur le prix des vetements achetés
Cons
pas de prime de rendement et pas d'avencement