Dicom Transportation

Dicom Transportation Employee Reviews

The new owners made it more stressful
It was a family atmosphere at Dicom before an investment company bought the computer. It was downhill from there. The started firing and laying people off.
Great job
Contract driver, I enjoy everyday and my days fly by. I enjoy all my customers and interacting with them. This is a fun environment to work with. Driving in the winter storms kinda sucked but the company never sends you out if it's too bad outside.
Don’t work here
Terrible. Sent you out with an experienced driver. Trained by driver 1 day. 2nd day give you a scanner here you go and learn how to navigate. Total chaos poorly managed by a bunch imbeciles.
Horrible
I have never seen or been part of such a joke of a company. Poor planning They had no concept of the more freight got moved the greater chances for damages. . Some of the people ok alot of them are brutal and lazy and potentially violent. Made complaint to manager .My last words surprised that nobody killed by by forklift or a fight . 8 days later someone hit by forklift and a fight broke out
Forklift driver
Looking for something day shift and closer and more neat to my home same work as forklift driver with advancement normal pace with someone who respects the work you do and don’t have preference with other people working on the same work place
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Très belle compagnie
On est traité comme des humains et non des numéros! Très belle ambiance au travail, les gens sont heureux de faire partie de la grande famille Dicom
Pros
Ambiance
12 February 2020
Merci pour les bons mots! Nous travaillons fort pour conserver cette ambiance car elle fait effectivement partie intégrante de l'entreprise.
intersting place with good management
Overall Dicom was a fairly average workplace with its ups and downs with mainly forklift drivers. Management was pretty good with managing its workload among all individuals.
work objectives
work straight midnites 12.5-13 hrs. provided with uniform an work accessories. Drive daycab trucks with 53ft trailers. Operate heated an cooler trailers
Pros
home everyday
Cons
city traffic
10 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

We would also like to control the traffic!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dicom Transportation?
Very cool coworkers
Your coworkers are the best part of the job. Long hours and days and it helps if you are somewhat fit as there is a lot of walking and movement involved
12 February 2020
We are glad to hear that. It's important to be well surrounded at work, we spend so much time there! Thank you for sharing
Overworked
You end up doing the job of 2 or 3 people. And the way they thank you for this is by constantly pushing for you to do more but pay you less. The company is only focused on profits
Good place but way to far from my home
Good company way to small for the stock we have dirty way to far from my house salary wise good looking for something more near and day shift I load and unload trailers with the help of a forklift build my own floors to load using bars and boards fast working place
Good company to work for. Friendly management and fellow employees. Pay is ok. Lots of positive changes since being bought out by GLS. Quite a laid back work load. Not high stress. Terminal manager has a heart and listens to your concerns and follows them up with action. The hours are a little long for drivers, but hey that’s trucking. Trucks are ok. Disc brakes on mostly all of their equipment, which is a plus when going through truck scales
ok place to work
not the best place to work, a ton of drama but you are always busy. Could definitely pay better. They have high turn around, and some not nice people to work with.
Very good environment to work
I have worked for dicom transportaion for 3.5 months and i have enjoyed every single day working there all the team members are very friendly and dispatch is very responsive in case if any problum
No job security.
This company hires people to work on the docks who have no knowledge of the trucking industry, then they advance to lower management & it ticks off the drivers. This is one of the reasons why I resigned.
About Dicom
Dicom Transportation is a company that transports many products. For me this job taught me a lot about the transportation industry and how things work. I would recommend many people to work here as it is a good job, it can be stressful at times but the team works hard to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people.
Extremely lenient
The express line is quite rough, however, I believe if you're willing enough, the job is pretty simple. The management is really chilled and laid back if you do your job well enough.
Pros
Lenient
Cons
Great place to work... with some drawbacks
Second tour of duty at Dicom, and have worked at various levels from driver, right up to director. Dicom does believe in promotion from within, but it’s up to you how far up the food chain you want to go. Positions are not posted on a board in the lunchroom, you have to go to the company website and apply from within.
Management does have high expectations, but not unreasonable. Work do you job and do it safely and you’ll have no issues.
Fast paced
Forklift operator, unloading freight from vans at the beginning of shift, then sorting, weighing and placement of freight. at the second half of day loading of freight being shipped to the appropriate destination.
Great part time job for University students
You work as a receiver in a warehouse 3 hours a day late afternoon. The work is repetitive and routine. Some heavy lifting up to 75 pounds for some packages. We receive, scan, sort, wrap and prepare the goods for shipping to other towns and cities in Canada.
Pros
Independent work environment/minimal supervision
Cons
Not a full time job
Fun Workplace
Everybody gets along with everybody and laughs with everyone. Having a laugh during the work shift makes the shift go by super fast. Fun atmosphere to be working in.
3 September 2019
Thank you for your message, we are happy to hear that.
We wish you enjoy working with us for many more years!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dicom Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9