Dicom Transportation Employee Reviews

Great company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2018
As a driver here I am very happy to have this job. The hours are perfect and I am home every day with my family. I don’t worry about coming home too late and not seeing my family
The pay is decent and the staff is helpful and nice to work with. They have a good team of people which is nice
Pros
You’re acknowledged
Employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Brampton18 June 2018
Amazing place to work.
All fellow staff are very friendly. A lot of room for growth and great place for students to work through out the year. Best team I’ve been a part of.
Pros
Management brings coffee and donuts, there’s a Social committee as well
productive
Forklift Driver, Processor, Sorter and Express (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON14 June 2018
have a lot of good workers and the management is very experienced. stay late a lot of the time but overall is a good experience I've learned a lot from this job
Productive and Fun
Assisting line locations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2018
A typical day is as follows. We get assigned jobs/duties that we have to fulfill. We either do data entry, unloading, sorting, or packing. Sometimes we have a runner to do two jobs at the same time. Management was great at Dicom. When there aren't enough workers, the manager would come in and give us a hand. He/she were real leaders and i have learned a lot from them.Workplace culture was great. Often times when the hours were long and upstanding, we'd get rewarded for our efforts with food or drinks from tim hortons and a sign of appreciation. Hardest part of the job was when the trucks came in late with packages and boxes and we had to do our jobs and empty the trailers in ample time to leave and allow the next shift to get ready. Most enjoyable part was we were more or less independent on the shift so we could talk as long as we get our work done as well as listen to music on speaker as long as we could hear our surroundings.
super fun
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 May 2018
drove truck around the planet and with other cars on the road with a trailer on back and carried around freight to customers to make them happy and cheerful
Don't waste your time.
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 May 2018
I thought Dicom was a good company after they purchased Modern in 2015 but they had just let most of the drivers go in April without notice or severance pay after saying they were closing the windsor terminal. Low and behold they are still operating.
Stay away at all costs!!!!!
Pros
Cons
They watch your time to the second!
Can be long hours
Courier Delivery Driver (Bonded) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Good company to work for. Hours can be long and you have to use your own vehicle but if you register yourself as a business you can use your vehicle etc as a business expense.
Great technologies, modern work environment
Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC22 March 2018
workplace looks great, technology used is also great. People are nice and friendly. Although they could come off as a bit secluded. You really need to try to reach out to be friends with your department.
Pros
Nice looking office
Its decent
Dock hand/ forklift driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2018
If you're looking for part-time employment as a second job or after school it's decent.

The afternoon shift had a great group of guys who all made the job fun. Afternoon management and the terminal manager were great to get along with.

Be prepared to have a sore back. Many things that could be considered unsafe. And impossible to have proper lifting techniques.

Be worried when "upper management" in Toronto have an idea because you're about to have a bad week.
Pros
Management and other staff
Cons
Hard on the body, terrible pay
Good job if you want to have zero life and make some money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 February 2018
This job seemed decent during training..the first day was complete chaos. No one really knew what they were doing, had people driving vans that couldn’t even reverse them into a loading dock. They want you to be fast and efficient and once you prove that to them they take advantage of it. They would give you anywhere from 70-200 plus packages to deliver always in a different region. And by 4-5pm when you’re finished they send you to rescues. Which I caught on quickly was a bunch of bs to go take packages off the purposely slow drivers. Or the employees who just straight up complained until a new person took packages off them.

The vans are terrible come the winter time, on more than one occasion I had no heat and was told to drive it anyways. Management was wild no one was helpful they’d just pass you on to someone else.
Pros
Pay, work on your own
Cons
Long day, work weekends, little training with device
Terrible Management
Recruiting and Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2018
They have a culture that is unlike any other culture They are all rejects from Purolator who couldn't cut it with them They show that they can't cut it with Dicom either HR is a joke and Upper management is not aware of the problems going on

Terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
management
Bad management practices deflate employee morale and stress cause
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 January 2018
When I applied for a job which was suppose to be 40 hours a week plus overtime with good salary this dream come true opportunity lasted only during the holidays " Christmas and New Year" after which everything changed to disgruntled and mishandled employees stop caring about the work.
On the start when the company didn't had enough drivers previous employees including my self were treated by managers with" smiles, taps on the shoulders and nods" ,40 work hours + changed to 3 days a week and one of these days would be a part time, daily stand up would start with scarcity tactic where you would listen every day how only those with most delivery's would get work. These lack of management support also will keep you in dark when it comes to your pay stubs, weekly schedule and supposed holiday bonuses which no one received.
Pros
Good pay, Working with great people
Cons
really poor management support
environemen productive
commis d emtrepo (Current Employee) –  quebek6 October 2017
Dans ma vie j ai toujours souhaite dans une grand société comme et tan commis d entrepôt ,pour moi c un privilege
Pros
repas gratui
Cons
courte pause, assurance maladi
easy job, can be stressful and long hours
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
easy job, driving and delivering. can be long hours and stressful. sometimes you get no work, pay is pretty decent compare to other jobs. good pay, work independently if you like that using company van. depends on how fast you work a typical day can be 10 hours long or even longer.
Pros
good pay, work independently, company vehicle
Cons
long hours, sometime unstable shift cancellation, stressful, fast pace
Chauffeur-livreur a mon compte
Travailleur autonome chauffeur/livreur (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC27 June 2016
Secteur établie dans la région de coaticook.
Livrer des colis et des enveloppes chez les clients.
Posséder mon propre camion.
Transports de matières dangereuses.
Pros
Rencontres beaucoup de personnes
Cons
Les intempéries de l'hiver
Reseau impressionant et en expension
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal15 July 2015
Groupe Dicom passe maintenant à un autre niveau avec les acquisitions et leur plan d'expension. Certaine chose devront aussi évoluer pour suivre leur aspirations.
Pros
Réseau
Cons
Salaire/avantage sociaux