DialogueDirect Employee Reviews for Brand Ambassador

Poorly Marketed Canvassing Job w/ Concerning Compensation Plan
"Charity Brand Ambassador" (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR27 December 2017
If you thrive in an environment that challenges you to stand for around 7+ hours a day in any weather with the intention of meeing a quota, this is the job for you. The work environment is extremely upbeat and positive, and it is true that the experience allows you to build resistance to verbal abuse and constant criticism from passers-by. You are expected to meet a certain amount of donors per day, and if not you are put "on target", or told you will be let go. This is understandable and seems part of the job. However, in their initial paperwork (as well as vocally), they stipulate an approximate $400 weekly pay which centers around a 40-hour work week. You have the chance to make bonuses if you secure more donors but it is clearly expressed that you will not make significantly less. When I worked here, I received no benefits yet had nearly 23% of my weekly checks taken out for taxes, thus receiving around $307 for weeks of around 40-45 hours. If quotas were not met, we were pressured to work all day on Saturdays yet never compensated. We did not receive health benefits until after 90 days despite the large deductions from our paychecks, but many of us quit before that point for various reasons.

I believe that Dialogue Direct offers the opportunity for people to challenge themselves and become immersed in a hyper-positive environment. While the job does encourage personal growth and certainly improves interpersonal communication skills, it is incorrectly advertised and is not upfront about what it entails. Myself and other coworkers expressed concerns about the false advertising
  more... of the job description and the apparent discrepancies between our pay and that of the office lead and head canvasser below her, seeing as we constantly were not given the chance to log our work hours without this individual ultimately logging them in incorrectly. True, the high turnover rate may be due to the inability of some to face the harsh working conditions of the position, but it comes across as dishonest when a company with such apparent ethics takes advantage of its employees in this manner. I entered this job with dedication and the willingness to work amongst ethical and driven individuals, and was surprised to find that it is not the company it appears to be. There is great potential here, and it saddens me that this company takes advantage of its employees and avoids an honest approach.  less
Pros
Positive environment, fast-paced, encourages growth, entertaining
Cons
Low pay, false advertising, unpaid overtime, unethical management
Fantastic Work Environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 August 2017
The office culture is amazing. Everyone is always pushing you to do your best and improve consistently for the whole time you're there. Friendly and productive competition kept all employees performing at their best. I learned how much a positive attitude really matters in all the things you do, and that a strong work ethic paired with enthusiasm to learn new things is key to finding success in all aspects of the workplace but also in daily life.
Pros
Free Breakfast, fun Team Nights, Daily Incentives, Medical, Dental insurances, 401K
Cons
Hard to Balance life outside of work
High demand, good work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA19 April 2017
It IS a sales job at the end of the day, and you are expected to sell to people at times when the majority do not want to be sold to; but good energy and a positive attitude will go a long way. Opportunities to advance are present and money can be made bc of their good compensation program. Management in the LA office was great and the office felt like one big group of friends. BUT the job can be stressful and pay is not great if you don't perform.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Washington DC8 January 2015
My last job is working with Capital Acquisition in Virginia as Entry Level Account Executive running door to door campaign on behalf of Direct Energy.

Before this job I worked with Dialogue Direct and Zerin Business Consulting doing street canvassing and door to door sales on behalf of Children International and Verizon Wireless.