DialogueDirect Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 March 2019
It's a very sketchy company with unpleasant working conditions. Sales goals are miserable and unrealistic. Constantly having to hired new employees and do not like management.
typical call center
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MI20 February 2019
typical call center job, decent market, lack of stability , lack of communication amongst management and leadership, ever changing work environment,lack of employee appreciation
Excelente ambiente laboral
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.2 February 2019
Capacitación constante.
Retos diarios.
Amigos.
Carrera profesional
great job
Direct consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA27 January 2019
nice people, great benefits, helping good causes. never had to deal with negativity or a lack resources to do the job properly and extend and helping hand to a friend i didnt know yet.
28 January 2019

Thank you for your review! Our goal is to set our teams up for success and create a supportive community. We're glad to hear you had a great experience!

Needs improvement in structure
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA2 December 2018
This is basically a sales base job. You do not work for the charity you work for the fundraiser CANVASSING. If you are good at being persuasive then it will be a good job. You have a quota that has to be met every week or you will be let go. However the most successful employees are mainly successful because they work overtime during week. Late nights and Saturdays due to pressure of losing job if quota is not met. They appear to be passionate about the cause but that is mainly due to the pay increase when you get a certain amount of donors. They have a travel incentive for their top fundraisers or at least the ones they like.

In all they are passionate about the cause because the payout can provide for you if you are willing to dedicate 50+ hours a week. I honestly don't know if they realize how much time they devote to meet their quotas. So work life balance is non existent if you want to succeed. Training is pretty sub par especially in the field because the team leads are still required to meet the weekly quotas while training you so they may not be as helpful if they're having a slow week. Which causes them to be overworked. Some team leads were under the influence while at work. VERY HIGH TURNOVER. Your day is standing out in front of high traffic areas around the city. You're responsible for your travel with this company. Other canvassing companies in LA provide transportation to the site locations. This one does not.

Relaxed dress code. If you buy in and indulge your entire self into the job you should be successful. If not they will pretend you
  more... were never there. Some employees are nice but others are very intense. Good short term job at best if you're not deemed a favorite.  less
28 January 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review so we want to make sure we address your feedback. DialogueDirect partners with amazing charities to help them fight their causes long term. We focus on consistent performance and setting goals so that we can support those charity missions. Team members join because of their passion for the cause and are also excited for travel and financial growth opportunities. These are earned through performance and being a positive team player, not through personal preference.

Every full time team member is designated 40 hours per week. If a shift or hours are missed, team members can make that time up within the same week. Within that time, our leaders are trained to lead by example so that they can best guide others and build good relationships. One of our pillars of success is a student mentality (the others being positive attitude and work ethic). If extra training is needed from any team member, we encourage asking for help and we are glad to provide that support.

To get to our sites a transit benefit card is provided. It is up to our team members on how they will use it. It is understandable that it is not a role for everyone, but we are glad to provide an opportunity where people are willing to challenge themselves, make a difference, and grow their career.

I would welcome you to reach out if you would like to discuss any more details about team members working under the influence. We take this very seriously and would appreciate any further conversation. Feel free to contact Christina at cola@dialoguedirect.com.

Fun cool relaxed place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI23 October 2018
I like the hours the staff was good enovirment was clean and safe great parking area , many of restaurants near by great commute to and from home love the hours
Pros
Pot luck
Cons
30 min breaks
productive
Inbound Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI18 September 2018
Take inbound customer calls inquiring about billing and any changes for their student records. Research and resolve items relating to customer service issues. Work closely with team members
not the easiest job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NY18 September 2018
A typical day consists of standing outside in highly populated spaces trying to get people to sign up and sponsor a child in an underdeveloped country. Not an easy job, more mentally rewarding than financially.
28 January 2019

Thanks for the review! The day to day allows us to speak with as many people as possible to support amazing causes in need. It is great that you felt it was mentally rewarding to help children! Our compensation structure provides a base and competitive bonuses that can range from $35,000 to $55,000 when just meeting minimum standards. Though you are not limited at that amount. Our goal is to provide an opportunity that makes a difference for you personally and communities in need. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors!

productive working environment
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA4 September 2018
DialogueDirect is a fundraising company for charities. So, working there was awesome just because the mission was superb. A typical day consisted of meeting in downtown for a morning meeting, and then going to site's. It is an 8 hour work day so, long hours spent working on your feet. Not everyone can do this job.
Pros
benefits, team nights
Cons
no job security
13 September 2018

Thank you for the review and your work in the Los Angeles campaign! We're glad that you felt so aligned with mission in helping our charity partners. Our work is very unique and may not be for everyone, so it's important to us that we provide extensive training and team support to help team members find consistent success. We would appreciate any details you can provide on the job security as we are always looking to improve. (cola@dialoguedirect.com) Thank you again for your work and we're pleased that you enjoyed the team nights, benefits, and environment! Best of luck in your next steps!

Learn a lot, Not for everyone
Summer Intern Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NY30 August 2018
It's not an easy job if you are not outgoing and personable. That can be learned, but a lot of people dropped within the first few days. You are on your feet all day, and it can be mentally and physically draining. I was lucky to be placed with such an awesome team that most days it was due to them that I continued. Overall I learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of. If you work with great people, the day will go quickly and you will learn a lot from them as well.
Pros
Great people, good compensation if you succeed
Cons
Long days, mentally and physically exhausting
13 September 2018

We appreciate your feedback and review! Constant learning and team mentality are two of our values, so it is great to hear how much you were able to grow during your internship in New York. We understand that the role can challenge us mentally and physically since we are communicating with people through the day and working to empower others. As it may not be a perfect fit for everyone, we do agree with you that it helps people learn and utilize their potential. All the while gain the rewards of team comradery and good compensation. Thank you again for sharing your takeaways and your great work this summer!

It's fundraising...
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 August 2018
And its not easy. The overall culture and style of management was super competitive. The job itself is not as bad as you would think, people are rude and can be brash with you. But you learn a lot about yourself and how to communicate effectively with other people. Some of the managers are better than others, a good experience overall. Additionally if you are good at the job, you will be paid well. Remember the culture and environment is about results and being your best you. The actual purpose of your job and function is not as clear as stated by managers.
Pros
Good skills acquired, paid well (if you're good), kind employees, intense culture
Cons
Intense culture, high turnover, most people rude or mean, fundraising difficult
17 August 2018

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you had a good experience in our San Francisco campaign! We agree, our role is not easy but we do believe it is rewarding as you mentioned. Though we cannot control the actions of general public, we purposefully build our culture to help each team member acquire skills and a mindset to succeed. We appreciate your feedback on the communication of the job function, as we're always looking for ways to improve. We're glad that you were able to learn and grow through the internship and wish you the best of luck in your career!

Ok company
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC28 July 2018
The jobs it fun and you get to meet a lot of cool people. Fun meetings. This is a great summer job and that is it. No job security at all!!!! Long days outside in rain, heat and snow. You have to work non-stop to meet goals. You feel like your being pushed all the time, with no breaks.
Pros
Bonus with donors and employees referrals
Cons
Long days in all types of weather. Standing all day.
Good
Professor of Fine Arts (Former Employee) –  Madrid28 July 2018
In general everything was OK but I would like more opportunity to give especifics for my desires.
Pros
Good information
Cons
somewhat confusión
Great job if you last
Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR26 July 2018
A super difficult job to get good at, but you build long-lasting relationships with your coworkers and are offered plenty of opportunity for advancement. Definitely an atmosphere of pressuring you to work beyond your obligatory time, though.
Pros
relationships, ability to bonus
Cons
base pay is low, work life balance not encouraged, abuse from strangers
Summary
Frito Lay Distribution Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI24 July 2018
Dialogue was a company that paid the bills, the people were nice and the work load wasnt bad at all. I could not elevate working there, therefore I decided to leave.
Non-stressful job that allows you to relax while working
Blood Donor Advocate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI10 July 2018
Low stress level job. Could get faster-paced/more stressful during busy hours, but was not always busy. During calls, you are allowed to read/write/do homework/ ect..
Pros
Great atmosphere, competition rewards
Cons
Sitting during whole shift, no understanding for time off
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Arkansas4 June 2018
very nice workplace.
Company's culture is very supportive.
The workplace culture is very nice.
The hardest part of the job: customer's complaints
The most enjoyable part of the job: coworkers
fun workplace
Dialoguer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA8 April 2018
fun crowd of people to work with. such a family envioment. ie in the way everyone there is like a second family. travel oppertunities. good pay and good hours
Pros
good attitudes, good pay. good management.
Cons
outside but thats in the job info. will get negative nancys
You meet some great people but thats pretty much it.
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 March 2018
Dialogue Direct is a place where you grow as a person. You can tell when people BS you and when people are sincere. I met some of the most amazing people here and some not so amazing. The job is never advertised for what it truly is. IT IS A CANVASSING JOB! Nothing bad of course. If you have never canvassed and are curious, give it a try, you may actually find out you are good at being persuasive and signing people up. There is a quota you have to meet every week after your "training period". Don't worry you will get paid for training. You will work in any condition, (rain, snow, hail, extreme heat) you name it. Even if it rains cats and dogs. This job is not for everyone. If you like working in an environment where its hard to tell the good from the false than this job is for you. Also, you have to learn stuff on your own since not everything is explained. The pay scale is not for everyone.
Pros
Amazing co workers, network with random strangers on the streets
Cons
Low Pay, No job work/ life balance
Work hard, grow, and succeed
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA13 March 2018
It's impossible to describe the life of a face-to-face fundraiser in a few sentences. Suffice to say, working at Dialogue Direct will throw you into a world you never knew existed, and the options are either to grow quickly, advancing your skill set, confidence, and leadership ability in way's you never have before, or simply give up after a few days (which is the turn-over rate).

If you do stay, you're guaranteed to make life long friendships, travel the country, raise hundreds of thousands for non-profit work, and have one of the most rewarding yet humbling experiences of your life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DialogueDirect. Our community is ready to answer.