Dial A Delivery Employee Reviews

Not professional company to work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2019
This company treats their employees like nothing; they will get rid of you easy and will not pay you fully. If you complain or go to upper management because lower management does nothing about a situation, you will face consequences which can lead to getting fired. Do not work for this company: they give little hours and give you false hope.

There is no professionalism and clients would complain about background noise at the call centre.

Service to clients is usually super slow and, most clients will be unhappy and complain daily about the service taking hours or even at times being canceled.

When hired, you do sign a contract but you will never get a copy of it as they state it stays in the file.

My advice to all that would read on this company before applying is to not apply and look elsewhere. It is a real nightmare there and noone really cares.
If your Desperate
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2018
Litle to no chance of advancement, minimum wage, get yelled at and sworn to by customer's om a regular basis because management can't keep drivers or book them properly,and get belittled by management even if your always on time and never call in sick !

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Some good staff ocasionally
Cons
Everything else
Find another place
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2018
- always short staffed
- incompetent management
- low pay
- constant equipment failures
- constant scheduling problems
- no contact with upper management
- if you can get passed all this then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
prepare to lose your mind if you take pride in your work
Bad work enviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2018
`bad, arrogant, micromanaging management.

`MASSIVE verbal abuse from clients and coworkers and no one cares about it. as if it's a big joke. be ready to be insulted by drunk people like 10-15 times a day.

`excuses for everything.

`can't keep employees for more than few months, person most seniority is 4 or 5 months

`bad work atmosphere.

`some really nice staff. some are very friendly and some are just anti social and some are arrogant and some are condescending.

`VERY bad location office. no car, AVOID!

`force to do 13 hours shifts.

`those taking orders and dispatchers should make at least $20 an hour for the abuse they are taking.

`AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

`getting hired on the spot ( since desperate for staff ), no background, security check, don't call references, they could hire someone with massive issues and you wouldn't know.
Pros
some really nice staff.
Cons
everything else!
Constantly Improving and adding amenities
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2018
A typical day at work for me is quite busy, spending time working for the call-center staff and dispatch team as well as the owner. I've learned that the company really cares for their staff as well as their growth into new markets to supply more work and job opportunities.

There have been a large number of renovations, adding a new kitchen, relaxation & eating area, a gym and fitness area, new flooring and paint.

The location is good if you have a vehicle but if you take the bus, Dial offers an Uber program to help out. Hardest part of the job is being open 7 days a week but the most enjoyable part being the staff, make up for always being on-call.
Pros
gym and juice bar, flexible shifts, great friends
Cons
not too close to any shopping
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ON19 July 2018
I have been working with Dial a Delivery since last October and this is by far my favorite job. Dial has an open-door policy and they always welcome ideas to make your work more fun. As long as you do your job effectively this is a great place to work. It does get a little stressful at times but, that’s any job. Dial stands out cause, we get recognized for our efforts. In a nutshell, I don’t see myself working anywhere else any time soon.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Long commute
Stay Away from this place at all cost
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 May 2018
Where do I begin with this place, first of all management sucks, they promise you full time hours before starting then when you start they give you part time. High rate of change over. Management know nothing about labor laws, they are sneaky and rude, The only good thing about this place is they pay for smart serve and you get to meet knew people.
Pros
They pay for smart serve
Cons
To much to list
Not a good place
Call center agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2018
Terrible location and terrible management, computers are slow, and the communication between staff and management is poor. I was not comfortable serving people who had drinking problems since it felt like I was helping their bad habit. Some other call center representatives there are nice.
Pros
Benefits if you are still there after 3 months
Cons
Minimum wage
About 4 years old
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON12 January 2018
This compagny claims to been around for much longer they actually have been. Bearly 4 years of operation this compagny has a very high employee turnaround rate. They take away their drivers tips given by most of the customers to make up for the rate increase. That sucks now all empties are only worth 50% of their worth. And most customers gives the drivers the empties as tips.
Pros
Easy jobs
Cons
Not a great place to work
Lots of consistent hours and new management team
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2018
I started working here over a year ago and the company has definitely come a long way since the new management team has taken over. They started restructuring the company in the early part of the summer at which point some staff had to be let go which probably accounts for some of the negative reviews, however, I do agree that the computers we were using when I started were overdue to be upgraded which the new management team promised that this would be one of the first projects they would be taking on and we had new computers within 2 weeks!!

The company hosts many meetings which I have been part of and they believe in fostering an open door policy and are actively working to transform the workplace into a modern call centre which will include Netflix and a chill room with gaming systems! The theme of most meetings is to foster a culture of work life balance and the opportunity to grow with the company which I did not feel was there before.

I do think that this is a good company to work for and wished that I could have gotten paid more then the minimum wage when I started but the job is pretty easy and it's a growing company and with the minimum wage having gone up this has satisfied what I was hoping for.
Pros
Career opportunities and new management team
Cons
Old minimum wage
Don't do it.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2017
Completely disorganized, and the management makes every attempt to micromanage. Be prepared for passive aggressive meetings and emails from HR on a regular basis, the bare minimum of pay for the work you do, and don't do any doubles, no matter what.

Their break policy is you get five minutes break for every two hours you work, and with six hour shifts you get fifteen minutes(and usually not consecutively). Mind you, the Labor Board clarifies that for each five hours worked, you should receive a 30 minute meal break. If you work a double shift, you work for six hours, and have a scheduled 30minute break, then another six hours.

You are constantly being monitered so they can make sure you are being productive, even if there are no calls coming in.
Pros
You get a discount of two dollars off the delivery charge if you order liquor.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Easy going and full paid benefits
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
Unlike most of the comments on this company, I can say, it's probably old employees who got fired because they didn't do their job properly.

This company does have lower then average wages, but after your 6 months, the company pays for your benefits.
This alone is worth a lot more then $1 an hour.

This is a growing company, and now services Ottawa, Toronto and SmithsFalls.

If you are looking for a secure job, these guys have been around for over 15 years in the industry.
Pros
Paid Benefits. Flexible hours and shifts
Review
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2017
this is a great place to work, but they do under pay there staff... They tend to give you a day off each week then make you work it, at the start this is ok.
Cons
no breaks
Save yourself some time and look elsewhere
CSA (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario9 July 2015
CONS: You'll be under appreciated, Under payed, no chance for advancement. The equipment is old, cheap and dirty and broken, Zero benefits, staff is constantly changing as no one wants to stay and work for such a terrible company, Minimum wage, 28 hrs/week (unless someone quits and you're expected to pull double shifts) The job is basically a joke as you're expected to be verbally abused by over served customers day after day. super repetitive. The call center is located on an industrial road and the buses don''t run after a certain time. Management and HR are useless.
PRO: You'll meet a few good people who deserve much better.
Pros
Small Staff
Great company and atmosphere
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2015
From reading the previous review, you may be turned off to work here. I wasn't there when those issues occurred over a year ago, but I can say there have been a lot of improvements since new HR and management came in. As to the other review, yes it is a minimum wage job, but so are a lot of other jobs which are much more demanding. And like other jobs, there are pay increases the longer you work.

As for the breaks, those are scheduled and there is no monitoring of agents.

The team itself is very friendly, close-knit and look out for each other whether its drivers, CSRs or management.

If you enjoy working with people, are a team player and have a positive attitude, you'll fit in just fine. There's limited advancement within the company because of their size, but the experience and references alone will make up for that shall you choose to move on.

Great job if you're looking to lay some roots and gain some valuable team and call centre experience with flexible shifts for drivers and CSR's alike. I returned to school this winter but would definitely have kept it otherwise.
Pros
Small office, Flexible Schedule, Tips for drivers, Reliable Management
Cons
On Star Top Road which can be hard to get to late at night by bus