Dial A Delivery

Dial A Delivery Employee Reviews

They are just a waste of time and have the horrible management ever. They will fire you and don’t tell you until you can’t find urself on the schedule. The owner is has bad energy and is not understanding
Pros
Working partners are fun
19 November 2020
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at Dial A Delivery but we wanted to thank you so much for letting us know what we can improve upon. We have already taken steps towards active change with our new management. We hope that your future endeavors are successful.
Unprofessional company, do not work for them,They do not communicate, you ask questions about the pay and they do not want to answer, these people are crooks
1 September 2020
I worked here for about a month...I had to deal with an annoying abusive manager. They send you a float to pick up the product but expect you to have a $300 float of your own everyday...which cuts into any tips you may have made the previous day so there is no account for what you really make... They told me pay every Monday after agreeing to a pay statement every Sunday that they arbitrarily could hold over for the next week if they don't feel the amount is deemed enough to paying you. They use email...to communicate and send you orders, and then you have to pick them and call every customer when the product isn't available...This company hides your true earnings and then you have aggressive and brutally inept managersand dispatch calling you and screaming at you while on the job. They don't have a company real time app, they expect you to use your own money...(the money that you previously earned the days before) to buy product for their customers. This company is a scam...you've been warned...they WILL rip you off. Very Bad Company...should get Zero stars
1 September 2020
First I use the amazing gym to work out. Have a little snack right before work. Everybody working here is friendly so have no problem getting the rundown for my daily duties.
1 September 2020
Thank you for your kind review of Dial A Delivery, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that our business relationship will continue to benefit us both.
I’ve been here for a few months and I can honestly say that the management is great, they respect my school availability and they’re very understanding. My co workers here are great and make it a fun environment to work in! I love it here
1 September 2020
I wish I could give no stars .. Horrible work place , horrible lazy people , horrible lazy management. Constant verbal abuse by alcoholic customers. Don't believe me then go work for them .. I can tell you that you wont even want to last an hour at that place . I'm surprised this company is still able to run and isn't shut down by Liquor board OR Labor board.
1 September 2020
If you plan to get a job full-time stay away from this place. According to my own experience there I can say that how much you work more you will lose that much money in this "business". Because they don't have an android application or any other reliable real time way to track your money, Guess why?
1 September 2020
Very unorganized and an awful work experience. The pay is absolutely brutal, this ad says 30 an hour but its more like 8-10$ an hour.. the fact that they lie and exaggerate the pay should be a good enough sign to stay away. Getting pay out weekly is a hassle , theres only one person responsible for payouts and they seem very slow and lazy to do so.. you have to respond to the email of your statement to receive it when it should just be automatic... i honestly think they under pay you even if you worked a lot they hide some of your pay in a spread sheet so youre not sure exactly how much you made. Overall the worst “job” if you can call it that, that i have ever had. Dont do it
1 September 2020
This company treats their employees like nothing; they will get rid of you easy and will not pay you fully. If you complain or go to upper management because lower management does nothing about a situation, you will face consequences which can lead to getting fired. Do not work for this company: they give little hours and give you false hope. There is no professionalism and clients would complain about background noise at the call centre. Service to clients is usually super slow and, most clients will be unhappy and complain daily about the service taking hours or even at times being canceled. When hired, you do sign a contract but you will never get a copy of it as they state it stays in the file. My advice to all that would read on this company before applying is to not apply and look elsewhere. It is a real nightmare there and noone really cares.
1 September 2020
Litle to no chance of advancement, minimum wage, get yelled at and sworn to by customer's om a regular basis because management can't keep drivers or book them properly,and get belittled by management even if your always on time and never call in sick ! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Some good staff ocasionally
Cons
Everything else
1 September 2020
- always short staffed - incompetent management - low pay - constant equipment failures - constant scheduling problems - no contact with upper management - if you can get passed all this then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
prepare to lose your mind if you take pride in your work
1 September 2020
`bad, arrogant, micromanaging management. `MASSIVE verbal abuse from clients and coworkers and no one cares about it. as if it's a big joke. be ready to be insulted by drunk people like 10-15 times a day. `excuses for everything. `can't keep employees for more than few months, person most seniority is 4 or 5 months `bad work atmosphere. `some really nice staff. some are very friendly and some are just anti social and some are arrogant and some are condescending. `VERY bad location office. no car, AVOID! `force to do 13 hours shifts. `those taking orders and dispatchers should make at least $20 an hour for the abuse they are taking. `AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!! `getting hired on the spot ( since desperate for staff ), no background, security check, don't call references, they could hire someone with massive issues and you wouldn't know.
Pros
some really nice staff.
Cons
everything else!
1 September 2020
A typical day at work for me is quite busy, spending time working for the call-center staff and dispatch team as well as the owner. I've learned that the company really cares for their staff as well as their growth into new markets to supply more work and job opportunities. There have been a large number of renovations, adding a new kitchen, relaxation & eating area, a gym and fitness area, new flooring and paint. The location is good if you have a vehicle but if you take the bus, Dial offers an Uber program to help out. Hardest part of the job is being open 7 days a week but the most enjoyable part being the staff, make up for always being on-call.
Pros
gym and juice bar, flexible shifts, great friends
Cons
not too close to any shopping
1 September 2020
I have been working with Dial a Delivery since last October and this is by far my favorite job. Dial has an open-door policy and they always welcome ideas to make your work more fun. As long as you do your job effectively this is a great place to work. It does get a little stressful at times but, that’s any job. Dial stands out cause, we get recognized for our efforts. In a nutshell, I don’t see myself working anywhere else any time soon.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Long commute
1 September 2020
Where do I begin with this place, first of all management sucks, they promise you full time hours before starting then when you start they give you part time. High rate of change over. Management know nothing about labor laws, they are sneaky and rude, The only good thing about this place is they pay for smart serve and you get to meet knew people.
Pros
They pay for smart serve
Cons
To much to list
1 September 2020
Terrible location and terrible management, computers are slow, and the communication between staff and management is poor. I was not comfortable serving people who had drinking problems since it felt like I was helping their bad habit. Some other call center representatives there are nice.
Pros
Benefits if you are still there after 3 months
Cons
Minimum wage
1 September 2020
This compagny claims to been around for much longer they actually have been. Bearly 4 years of operation this compagny has a very high employee turnaround rate. They take away their drivers tips given by most of the customers to make up for the rate increase. That sucks now all empties are only worth 50% of their worth. And most customers gives the drivers the empties as tips.
Pros
Easy jobs
Cons
Not a great place to work
1 September 2020
I started working here over a year ago and the company has definitely come a long way since the new management team has taken over. They started restructuring the company in the early part of the summer at which point some staff had to be let go which probably accounts for some of the negative reviews, however, I do agree that the computers we were using when I started were overdue to be upgraded which the new management team promised that this would be one of the first projects they would be taking on and we had new computers within 2 weeks!! The company hosts many meetings which I have been part of and they believe in fostering an open door policy and are actively working to transform the workplace into a modern call centre which will include Netflix and a chill room with gaming systems! The theme of most meetings is to foster a culture of work life balance and the opportunity to grow with the company which I did not feel was there before. I do think that this is a good company to work for and wished that I could have gotten paid more then the minimum wage when I started but the job is pretty easy and it's a growing company and with the minimum wage having gone up this has satisfied what I was hoping for.
Pros
Career opportunities and new management team
Cons
Old minimum wage
1 September 2020
Completely disorganized, and the management makes every attempt to micromanage. Be prepared for passive aggressive meetings and emails from HR on a regular basis, the bare minimum of pay for the work you do, and don't do any doubles, no matter what. Their break policy is you get five minutes break for every two hours you work, and with six hour shifts you get fifteen minutes(and usually not consecutively). Mind you, the Labor Board clarifies that for each five hours worked, you should receive a 30 minute meal break. If you work a double shift, you work for six hours, and have a scheduled 30minute break, then another six hours. You are constantly being monitered so they can make sure you are being productive, even if there are no calls coming in.
Pros
You get a discount of two dollars off the delivery charge if you order liquor.
Cons
Literally everything else.
1 September 2020
Unlike most of the comments on this company, I can say, it's probably old employees who got fired because they didn't do their job properly. This company does have lower then average wages, but after your 6 months, the company pays for your benefits. This alone is worth a lot more then $1 an hour. This is a growing company, and now services Ottawa, Toronto and SmithsFalls. If you are looking for a secure job, these guys have been around for over 15 years in the industry.
Pros
Paid Benefits. Flexible hours and shifts
1 September 2020
this is a great place to work, but they do under pay there staff... They tend to give you a day off each week then make you work it, at the start this is ok.
Cons
no breaks