Diabetes Canada

Diabetes Canada Employee Reviews

Canada111 reviews
Productive workplace. Will become familiar with areas of the GTA. Plenty of exercise on the job. Meet many people on the routes. Become comfortable driving in various weather and road conditions.
Senior Staff do not interact well with teams under them. Out of touch. Have unrealistic goals and in my experience each department is 'siloed' making it difficult to cultivate relationships/cross promote the organization externally..
Pros
No expectation to stay late. Good work / life balance.
Cons
Hard to feel pride in your work due to high operational costs, a lot of donor money is wasted on huge executive salaries and frequent mistakes.
I enjoyed working for the Canadian Diabetes Association, we were collecting donations to help in any way we can. The part I likes most was the fact that I was able to work from home.
loved the opportunity to work for this amazing organization 10/10 if you get the chance apply. Lots of fun lots of laughs positive work environment and some of the best coworkers and bosses I have ever worked for
Throwing hundreds of bags of clothes in hot containers and trucks... in and out of truck about 75 times a shift... lifting and stacking uneven items into your truck..
Pros
For a good cause
Cons
Pay not great... hard work ... driving in traffic all day
Start working in the non profit organization in Jan 2015. In general, it is a friendly working environment. I was laid off in Mar 2020 due to impact of Covid19. Otherwise, I will keep working there.
I got hired a week before camp because they were short staffed. They gave me online training I wasn't paid for and when I show up to the camp they took days to train me on how to safely and properly test my campers. We started to get about 45 mins of time off a day starting on the third day of work but then we were on the clock for the rest of the 23 hours and 15 mins of the day. I worked for 2 weeks straight and they logged 70 hours of work. When asked by senior staff about how i was doing, i gave my concerns and they did not listen, they shut me down and said "Well this isn't about them it's about you are your performance and honestly it's not great"
I worked in a fast paced environment. I learned a lot in this job. The work culture was relaxed. The best part of the job was dealing with the customers.
I have been working with this company as a contractor for almost four year. People are very nice i would love to recommend my friends to apply for driver job
Not a bad place to work facepaced, supervisor are respectful, manager seems to be kind and respectful, workers are easy going, just a lot more labouring than driving but if you believe in the job it's really not bad
Manager say some thing and dispatcher say other. They change plan and shedule daily. They call driver frequently. There is high pressure of keeping the target. End of the day driver does not have energy to do any other thing,Very stressful job for that reason they advertise for job every month. Edmonton management is horrible bez they dont know what they are doing.
the lady that let me do my practicuum was nice but she was also burnt out and let me pretty much do what i wanted to do at that time, hopefully it changed by now.
HANOVER ,The position for driver has been in continuous search for more than 18 months, I talking with several peopleworking before and do not recommend this job, tiring, without benefits, insecure plus a very bad working environment ... not recommended,
There's no formal training, a typical day was figuring out what the heck I'm doing and then asking people for money for a cause which was lost in the backward-like mindset of an outdated unevolved organization.
Way too much labour and for $19 an hour it's not worth it at all considering you don't get any benefits or advancements.... management is poor here ;they look at you as a number not a person. They are very disorganized as well..
Don't work here you're better off working as a garbage truck operator making anywhere between 60 to 70 thousand dollars a year with full benefits and a pension
Working at diabetes Canada is an amazing experience and wonderful co-workers. Diabetes Canada is an special place to work the direct impact on the children living with type one diabetes is inspirational.
Diabetes Canada’s Improving Management and Prevention program (48% of program spending in F2018) advocates for policy changes that promote healthier lifestyles among Canadians. The charity reports to have advised the government on changes to the Canada Food Guide and the nutrition facts table on packaged foods. Diabetes Canada also offers online diabetes resources and information. In F2018, 2.7 million people visited the website. In July 2018, the charity published Diabetes 360o, a 7-year strategic framework to tackle diabetes in Canada. The report includes recommendations for governments and goals to work towards using evidence-based strategies.
Nothing to say except they expect too much. They have too much pride because they never listened to the employee. Not much more to say about them
I was the summer student for Diabetes Canada, my responsibilities were to go across Brandon and do presentations about diabetes to different community groups such as retirement homes, community centers and the Addictions Foundation. These responsibilities took place during the day, on days where no presentations were scheduled my hours would be later in the evening where I helped outreach to the community looking for donations, volunteers and partnerships. This included in person, telephone communications and emails. I also helped organize and attended health promotion events in the community. Overall the experience gained from working at Diabetes Canada helped strengthen my customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
Often experience differing instructions coming from managers. Lack of alignment in leadership makes it very difficult to keep day-to-day operations running successfully. Lack of ability for advancement.
I worked as a summer student for Diabetes Canada and I gained a lot of experience in just the three months. Everyone that I worked for were extremely nice and welcoming and very helpful when I needed it.