Diabetes Canada

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Management sucks

Higher management is unbelievably incompetent ,no respect given to driver's, and and expect everything from you. Management goes out of their way to work against you instead of with you.

Pros

Fellow employees are friendly and helpful

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Fun place to work as a volunteer

Nice co-workers and management team. Volunteers given a variety of job tasks from office work to canvassing and marketing. Everyday was different, great experience for first time workers.

Evenings and weekend. Not recommend

Not much training or support. Pay is low. Bonus pay if you can make many many calls and only if pickup is scheduled and has to result in being picked up.. People can be nasty and rude.

Non supportive management

Run fast......very fast! And don't care ask for a day off.......wow, it's unbelievable how dare you ask for a day off!!!! I would look for another job. I only want part time work and was working close to full time work.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Supervisors are non supportive and jimp down your throat if you ask a question

Awsome people

It was a good healthy place to work. Good customer service experience. Good phone experience. Boss was easy going. I like working there. It was hard to ask people for donation.

Friendly Group (Clothesline Operation)

I work part-time for Clothesline Operation and it is great. Very friendly family atmosphere. Everyone helps you out, the Regional Management, Office Manager and drivers -great crew. The Charity has been around for a long time, but you really get an understanding of how things work, where the money goes, and how much public support is needed. Keep supporting the clothesline operation and stamp out Diabetes

Pros

Family Atmosphere

Cons

No Permanent Office Locally

productive and great place to work for a good cause

I have worked at Diabetes Canada more than 10 years .Worked with great supervisors who are very supportive. Learned a great deal attending their seminars and trainings while volunteering from doctors ,dietitians,nutritions and colleagues .An interesting place to work.

Pros

Friendly and supportive staff .

Cons

unpredictable hours which goes very low in summer, little room for growth

Depressing place to work.

Senior Staff do not interact well with teams under them. Out of touch. Have unrealistic goals and in my experience each department is 'siloed' making it difficult to cultivate relationships/cross promote the organization externally..

Pros

No expectation to stay late. Good work / life balance.

Cons

Hard to feel pride in your work due to high operational costs, a lot of donor money is wasted on huge executive salaries and frequent mistakes.

great place to work

I enjoyed working for the Canadian Diabetes Association, we were collecting donations to help in any way we can. The part I likes most was the fact that I was able to work from home.

Productive workplace

Productive workplace. Will become familiar with areas of the GTA. Plenty of exercise on the job. Meet many people on the routes. Become comfortable driving in various weather and road conditions.

Amazing

loved the opportunity to work for this amazing organization 10/10 if you get the chance apply. Lots of fun lots of laughs positive work environment and some of the best coworkers and bosses I have ever worked for

Physically demanding

Throwing hundreds of bags of clothes in hot containers and trucks... in and out of truck about 75 times a shift... lifting and stacking uneven items into your truck..

Pros

For a good cause

Cons

Pay not great... hard work ... driving in traffic all day

A friendly place to work if you can

Start working in the non profit organization in Jan 2015. In general, it is a friendly working environment. I was laid off in Mar 2020 due to impact of Covid19. Otherwise, I will keep working there.

Relaxed Environment

I worked in a fast paced environment. I learned a lot in this job. The work culture was relaxed. The best part of the job was dealing with the customers.

I have learned so many thing working with this company and working four year with them motivates me to work more

I have been working with this company as a contractor for almost four year. People are very nice i would love to recommend my friends to apply for driver job

Bad place to work

Manager say some thing and dispatcher say other. They change plan and shedule daily. They call driver frequently. There is high pressure of keeping the target. End of the day driver does not have energy to do any other thing,Very stressful job for that reason they advertise for job every month. Edmonton management is horrible bez they dont know what they are doing.

poor management

the lady that let me do my practicuum was nice but she was also burnt out and let me pretty much do what i wanted to do at that time, hopefully it changed by now.

some think wrong

HANOVER ,The position for driver has been in continuous search for more than 18 months, I talking with several peopleworking before and do not recommend this job, tiring, without benefits, insecure plus a very bad working environment ... not recommended,

Generally nice people work here, some are too comfy and care less about the cause

There's no formal training, a typical day was figuring out what the heck I'm doing and then asking people for money for a cause which was lost in the backward-like mindset of an outdated unevolved organization.

Meh

Way too much labour and for $19 an hour it's not worth it at all considering you don't get any benefits or advancements.... management is poor here ;they look at you as a number not a person. They are very disorganized as well.. Don't work here you're better off working as a garbage truck operator making anywhere between 60 to 70 thousand dollars a year with full benefits and a pension

Love the camp experience

Working at diabetes Canada is an amazing experience and wonderful co-workers. Diabetes Canada is an special place to work the direct impact on the children living with type one diabetes is inspirational.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diabetes Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement