DFI Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
very demanding
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2018
my day was always very demanding on a day to day basic .... on a giving day we had to get between 10 to 18 ,52 foot trailers, low boys, drop decks tippy decks, anything that was a trailers we load and get ready for the tractors to hit the high way always on a time demanding know matter the year, and load them with pipe or many other things like machines and cranes and etc ,, inspection, paper work, get manager to sing off on are loads, safety inspection on the load from the supervisor . there was never a change to the dispatch list most days...

the culture in are work area was very fun out going great people and always positive to me .. I would show each day ready fit and happy to be working just how we Newfoundlanders are....

the hardest part of my job was the demanding times frame and not having enough people todo the job,, we use to run a 16 man crew and they down size it to 8 and cut the hours back, but know matter what happen we got the job done on time... it was kinda fun being that way but some days was stressful

i looked the people where all form down home and just good people to be around with... the supervisor was always happy positive and good with saying thanks and good job... management was very good with us so i had nothing but the best time there... 8 years of i was there..
Pros
good wage
Cons
no breaks