Dexterra

Dexterra Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
Very unorganized management is okay supervisors are horrible I expect you to work your butt off work after hours down at the same time what do not recommend working for them
Dexterra is a nice company but there are mostly women's working there so in that company I learned housekeeping skills and many other things. Overall it's a good company.
Totally disorganised and chaotic environment, lots room for improvement by senior management.
More interested in securing contracts than performing them, treat senior people as idiots and expect your undivided loyalty.

The company will fail if it continues in this manner, right now Dextrerra are losing senior people who have the experience to help them succeed because they test them like dirt and expandable, I was hoping for such great things, and received nothing except additional work and no support or direction

I couldn’t wait to leave this company or the totally disengaged senior head office management circus
Pros
Large company who have the ability to make the right changes
Cons
Nothing except foolishness and fire fighting
Low paying give big work loads , not always allowed to leave might have to stay and do more , often short staffed . Don't have clean laundry ready for the room attendants not organized . always new people starting . The management are nice people , things could be a lot better . They don't pay enough for the amount of work that is expected . Short staffed
Pros
Staff are nice
Cons
low paying
This is an awful place to work. There is wage theft involved where management expects you to be 15 minutes early and to clock in 10 minutes early but you're not paid those extra minutes. Your hard work is overlooked, you work 3x as hard but the pay is low. Complaints about management isn't taken seriously. Was verbally assaulted by a coworker on several occasions and he was still made supervisor! Do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Management and wage theft
Co-workers are friendly, as are management, and the job overall is fairly enjoyable. In fact most tasks are reasonably relaxing, and can be done without much effort. Possibly not for those whom dislike monotonous work.
Just started working for this company Already I have noticed a lot of in-experienced personal Poorly trained ! Not Dexterra Fault !!Most of the Cleaners with Knowledge have retired!!! With proper taught cleaning skills this Company has Great protential!!!!
Pros
Room for improvement, Good working hours 0700 hrs to 1550 Hrs
Cons
Lack of good cleaning experince
Terrible employer. Take advantage of their employees and then fire them for no reason just so they don't have to pay benefits.The management is dishonest, the work conditions are depressing, pay is low, and because of all that moral at work is low. Find somewhere else to work.
Pros
Cons
take advantage of hard working people
Senior Management team is group of Idiots!!!
They have no idea what they are doing and how to run a business.

EVP's are there just because they were employees before transition to new business, otherwise NO ONE will hire these idiots.
I worked in the evenings for 2 hours cleaning a accounting office by myself. I learned how to work alone or with others,Management was ok but did not see manager that often unless there was a complaint,which made me feel alone and unappreciated. Hardest part of my job was cleaning in the winter time. The most enjoyable part of my job was to know and hear from the people that i was doing a great job from them
Pros
let you work on your pace
Cons
no incentives for employees
As a company that has risen from the ashes of a prior venture they have not attempted to change, instead have risen to be the same company as before with a new name. Management has set ideas of how to do things and are not accepting of the concept that there is a different and possibly better way to do things.
Single handedly the worst employer EVER.
Most of the management have no experience in this industry, nor actual qualification or education to support their positions.

Many of the office staff are students with inflated job titles.

Not a workplace where advancement is possible.

Management WILL pressure you to mislead the customer.

Accountability isn't part of their make up.

Avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty is the corporate culture.
I have worked for many companies in my day. This has got to be the worst managed company I have ever worked for. Absolutely zero respect from management, your simply a Pon they move around.
Pros
Cons
Zero Respect
Poor training, very poor management
Rundown equipment

I wouldn't recommend This job

Management no good

Everything is hard, time consumeing

Can be the loneliest place to work an 8 hour shift
Pros
made great new friends, very kind respectful team coworkers
Cons
Poor inadequate training, Management unruly in conversation, never any positive recognition, run down barely working useable equipment
I have lots to say about the company but it is not very nice to say so they will get a poor rating from me.So just so you know you wont be treated like gold there.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no respect
This is a company the sees the potential in employees and is willing to offer advancement to show it. Great place to work. Would be nice for company wide benefits but that seems rear now a days
Pros
Staff, work load
Benefits