Dexterra

Dexterra Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
Very unorganized management is okay supervisors are horrible I expect you to work your butt off work after hours down at the same time what do not recommend working for them
I would recommend that they give a raise to their employees if $1.00 every 6 month depending what they are doing. Offer a paid time out to seek help if suicide thoughts come in ur head. Just enuff time to set up a councilor.
Great place to work ,,, challenging in some position but worth working ... you may find it rewarding because leadership is good and always looks for the safety of employees ... will love to stay and a perfect retirement job ....
Pros
Perks when safety goals are met
Cons
no non at all
The bosses are so nice help with anything even not fully work related. All the coworkers are super amazing you don't have worry about things being stolen from the room if you accidentally leave it in the room
Being here since the inception of Dexterra, I have noticed a positive shift in the culture and values of the company. Leaders are providing opportunities for managers to display ingenuity and accountability. Some folks are realizing that they can't accept accountability and move on. A rewarding and a challenging place to be to grow a career along side a growing company
Upper management under bid this project in Yellowknife and in turn found ways to pay cut every department. Staff is expected to take on work and little to no support. Management has very little experience which in turn created a negative environment to be in. There were countless problems with getting paid. High turnover in every department with the lack of positive morale in the working environment. If you decide to work for this company, be expected to work long hours and hope you get paid appropriately for the work you put in.
Glad to be a part of this company : Infinity and Beyond !
it was okay company to work for. but i find that to much political there. if someone dont like you they will find ways to get you let go. and the manager doesnt look at that. instead allows it to happen. okay on training not the best. i was on nights mostly so it was relaxing that way. and they dont tell you what you did wrong just your done to many accidents.
Pros
expriences
Cons
poor conflict skills, training, management
fun place to work staff are great to work with lots of training modules on company site page lots of interaction with many different site personal through Belleville kingston Peterborough
Pros
set your own hours on certain job sites
Cons
don't pay enough for certain job skills
Don't work for this company. Cheapest in Canada. The staff are good people there is no pay hikes no benefits everybody makes min. wage there is nothing good about company
Pros
Cons
Overworked and under paid
Would not recommend. Illegal work practices; management is untrained; emotional intelligence = 0; Run away, run far far away from this company. The corporate culture talks the talk, but doesn't do any practice. All the same mistakes from the prior company PLUS ALL NEW ONES!
Once you learn everything, being a male, some of the supervisors will get you to do more and more. Before you know it, you're shovelling snow in the winter, hazmat control without management telling you about proper protection, pulling dead rats out of walls, and anything beyond your scope of practice as a janitor. I rather work at McDonald's.
The Company is good and comfortable environment with friendly co-workers. The work place is safe, clean, neat and comfortable to work. We work with different cultures which is Spanish, Portuguese, Pilipino, and Indian.
- Management is unfair to the customer service staff
- Dont give opportunities and advancement to others working for a long time

- increase is not fair

- treat you like a garbage

- they care nothing but the operation
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
low pay, low increase
needs management that will actually listen to concerns of employee/staff.
unorganized on their policies and rules. they are always implementing new things without notifying all staff.
The company is growing and teams need to be ready and embrace the change. The people are the companies best assets. There is work to be done on communication and culture.
They under pay you for all the work you do and will promise fake opportunities just to keep you around, this is one of the worst places to work in bc save your time and money and dont work here
This company might be good to work for,if you are just looking for a temporary paycheque. If you are looking for advancement,respect from your managers or a way to have input... I suggest you look elsewhere. Toxic work environment and no accountability on the part of Dexterra. They talk a great game,but cannot deliver.
Pros
Co workers can be all right
Cons
Minimum wage, no raises and no incentive to try.
If you are honest and upfront and committed to helping Dexterra they will help you and work with you. It may be slightly different from site to site but management will work with you and is extremely easy to communicate with. Management gets really busy and may be hard to get a hold of but there are supervisors you can get a hold of reliably. I showed up at my job site and did my work and was helped with things I missed and was never once in a position where I questioned my job security. The job was only as hard as I made it. Once you know what you are doing you'll be amazed at the skills simple cleaning will bring out. Only thing that was hard to work around was a 1 hour shift in the morning but it is 100% worth it.
Pros
Good managment, good supervisors, excellent coworkers, air conditioned areas to be cleaned
Cons
Worked in a hot factory
Dexterra has been a great company to work for and most folks are amazing. No company is perfect but there is an effort to grow this new organization into something fantastic. The values of accountability, diversity of thought, empowerment and being highly responsive align with my ideas. There’s been a lot of change and most have embraced it but those that haven’t want to keep doing what they’ve always done vs looking at this opportunity to become something better. Looking forward to the journey ahead
Pros
Great people. Safety is valued here
Cons
I work with some great people. I feel like my manager listens and respects us. It can be a lot of work and the pay is only ok. If you don't want to work hard this probably isn't the place for you.

There has been a lot of changes in the last year, most for the better!
Pros
Good People
Cons
Pay is only ok