Dexterra

Dexterra Employee Reviews

The place to work with were challenging from management, staff, and equipment. Be careful with verbal agreements most of the time the manager no longer remember once you signed in. Problems with decision making from top management to quickly create a solutions to existing problems were very slow. The building was new but with it comes with a lot of problems. Major equipment's starting to break without any definite action of solutions. The pay was a problem every payday. High turn over of staff was caused by incompetent management and a lot of problems in the building. The team of maintenance were short, needs more competent staff. However, I believe that these problems were just normal and hopefully in 5 years the company will start reaping the success.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Anything is better than Dexterra. Min wage no benefits. Please go anywhere else to find work. Avoid this place and the horrible management. They don’t care about the employees at all. Run away as fast as you can
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lots of cons. Cheap minimum wage. Uneducated people. Stupid management
People are fantastic. Great work environment. Minimum wage but definitely a good stepping stone job and room for growth. Would recommend working for Dexterra.
Pros
Good hours, nice people, steady work
Cons
Wage
. No one will stay at a job that never offers a wage hike, ever. As much as I like my job and the people around me, I will leave when a higher paying job comes along. . Get a job as a suoerviser, they sit and eat all day. Eat and eat and eat more. Lazy. For two bucks more an hour they can drive around and pretend they are busy. The workers don't get anything or any acknowledgement for the work they do either. Management actually yells at staff, so many complaints about them all. Rude and ignorant. They don't care if you leave, their is always another monkey waiting to drink their Kool-Aid. Good workers have left, with no offer to give them to stay, most unorganized people ever. DO NOT WORK HERE! CONTRACT HOLDER, WHAT'S UP, ARE YOU BLIND AND IGNORANT TOO GAIL?
Pros
Fun Co worker's, Great hours. That's it.
Cons
Horrible pay, missing pay, Lazy supervisors, Absolutely no training
Night supervisor is good rest of the managers don’t hss as be a full brain between the two they don’t take complaints seriously at all utterly use les
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad management toxic work environment
First of all the company is a joke, they do not give you any direction or help of any kind. Basically thrown to the wolves and fend for yourself kind of business ethic. The only help you get, is from co workers who are leaving in a day or two then it's blank you and good luck. The company does not even offer financial compensation for any extra work they force onto you from the clients. Please do not waste your time, effort, or energy applying to this worthless company.
Pros
Some good co workers
Cons
Nothing at all.
Out of the 2 months, 29 days working there. I was trained by someone who did lack of nothing. I wasn’t shown properly how to do things so when my training was over I was getting constantly harassed by supervisors being told I was doing things wrong without telling me how to properly do them. There are a select few individuals that have protection from the management team and receive no problems for being on their phones, taking extra long lunch/break times. Going home early, and clocking out / waiting around before their release times. This work place has bad ethics and are not open to any new ideas or innovative things that their employees have to over. As for myself. I achieved more than the person who trained me and left. I left my workplace spotless, clean and had others tell me they haven’t seen Jackson square look this well in years. I have had incidents brought to me that I had no part of. I had the same incidents blamed on me when I had no idea that they were going on. Out of all the time I was there I had no written write up or talk about anything other than how I was doing a horrible job in their eyes but won’t explain to me how to improve. This job has corrupt management, workers and has constant drama. Along with security there’s not been a time I’ve felt safe at all, constantly being haggled and harassed by the homeless and when you call for security to come they’re always 5-10minutes behind. There’s discrimination and demeaning words towards the workers here that comes from the supervisors. Over all this job is not worth your time, effort, or thought please avoid - more...
Pros
Cons
Harassment, non-professional, lack of training, lack of security, short breaks, constantly being demeaned by supervisors
Terrible management and supervisors. Hostile towards their staff and pick favourites. If you do something they don't like, related to the job or not, they make it their goal to fire you or harass you until you quit. Run far away from this company. They make empty promises, and gossip behind your back. They will do anything to save money and get ahead, even if they have to sacrifice their employees. Absolutely no care or concern for their staffs safety and health.Minimum wage is not enough to be paying the cleaners for the work they are expected to do. Pay minimum wage, and you'll get minimum effort.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everything. The stress is not worth it
No work...I only got one rotation with them. Then told I was no longer needed. No communication between employees and management. Its clear they have their favorite employees...and they will let you go for no reason and discriminate against people.
Pros
Love the camp
Cons
They have no desire to know their employees. Also, have no desire to learn the ropes and have unrealistic expectations. Our pay has been late once already and was paid in an untaxable manner. The unprofessional drama that goes on within management, is absurd and toxic for everyone. It's unfortunate that I will be seeking new employment, i enjoyed my job before.
They pay 14 an hour the cleaners employed in the base make 20 dollars we clean on base too but they get away with paying us low ebecause of it being a contracted cleaning company . The managers pick favourites and so do the supervisors . They fire people that have health issues and bring in documentation but they let people steal and don drugs that work there . Overall wouldn’t recommend this place .
Cons
The company doesn't care about its staff refused to give them raises treating them poorly theyd don't get anything for the dedecation and hard work even while working during a pandemic they got no hazard pay no nothing the company is garbage
The management is a joke but not as big of a joke as the contract holder! They lie and manipulate staff and military about cleaning capabilities, put staff in bad situations then threaten them with being fired if they question it! A lot of favouritism happens and supervisors sit on their chairs all dayall day doing nothing, then yell at employees to work harder. Pay is not good , no benefits, no holidays, you literally get NOTHING from this company, except STRESS!!! STAY AWAY DON’T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF APPLYING DON’T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Good place to work but to many things expected of you without enough training. Eventual possibility for advancement as it is a large company but need to be open to relocation.
The company offers a great working environment, supportive staff and colleagues. You are not bored with your work and it offers you great opportunities for advancement.
A relaxed atmosphere, a straight forward job, not hard and fun as well as a multicultural working place with many nationalities. Bosses are super nice
Overall I liked working here for the bright-minded and happy co-workers. I learned a lot here in terms of excel. Highly recommend anyone interested in this company to reach out to someone via LinkedIn and get a conversation started.
This company has a very high turnover to the point that if you reach your one year anniversary, you are considered "senior". There are many problems with this company including low pay, poor hiring practices, lack of opportunity to grow, internal office politics, and general lack of professionalism. Because of the low pay (which is slightly over minimum wage), they can only attract people who would probably have difficulty getting hired elsewhere. Almost all promotions are internal, but the problem is that they have the habit of promoting the current management's best buddy and not necessarily the most qualified person. It reached the point where great managers run for the hills to work for a better company once they get enough management experience probably because they are tired of covering for incompetent staff. The unfortunate truth is that this company is overpowered by favouritism so if you are best buddies with management, they tend to give you the shifts that everybody wants to have. I also don't like how there's lack of discipline towards lazy staff. Meanwhile they take the hardworking staff's efforts for granted and they expect those staff to do the work for multiple people. The irony of this job is that coworkers and management stressed me out more than the customers. I have met some good managers and coworkers, but unfortunately most of the good ones left which made me think that they are probably too good for this company.
Pros
Transit Subsidy
Cons
Payment is on time
Very unorganized management is okay supervisors are horrible I expect you to work your butt off work after hours down at the same time what do not recommend working for them
- Poor management (Lead & Manager), due to poor listening to coleagues/co-workers. - Leads/Supervisors are irresponsible, when needed. - Short & improper on-the-job training, led to negative differentiations.
I had a lot of fun at Dexterra , the Management Staff were great , the Staff was great , it was both educational and self - rewarding . I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a job.
  1. Employee reviews