Dexterra

Dexterra Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
Or do not recommend working for them
Very unorganized management is okay supervisors are horrible I expect you to work your butt off work after hours down at the same time what do not recommend working for them
Bad company
The company doesn't care about its staff refused to give them raises treating them poorly theyd don't get anything for the dedecation and hard work even while working during a pandemic they got no hazard pay no nothing the company is garbage
Horrible management horrible place to work
The management is a joke but not as big of a joke as the contract holder! They lie and manipulate staff and military about cleaning capabilities, put staff in bad situations then threaten them with being fired if they question it!
A lot of favouritism happens and supervisors sit on their chairs all dayall day doing nothing, then yell at employees to work harder.

Pay is not good , no benefits, no holidays, you literally get NOTHING from this company, except STRESS!!! STAY AWAY DON’T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF APPLYING DON’T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Not Bad
Good place to work but to many things expected of you without enough training. Eventual possibility for advancement as it is a large company but need to be open to relocation.
Great place
The company offers a great working environment, supportive staff and colleagues. You are not bored with your work and it offers you great opportunities for advancement.
Relaxed working place very funny.
A relaxed atmosphere, a straight forward job, not hard and fun as well as a multicultural working place with many nationalities. Bosses are super nice
Not a Place to Work
They don't care if you're bus is running late to a Pandemic or how late you'll be or how sick you are, Most people get Favoritism and get away with everything While others get Nit picked or Written up or Even Fired Yes fired for being sick even if you got a doctor's note saying that so and so gets sick easily so please forgive them they don't care as long as the company gets paid is all it matters and there is No BENEFITS NOT AT ALL My tip stay away
Pros
Nice Co-Workers at times.
Cons
Productive place
Overall I liked working here for the bright-minded and happy co-workers. I learned a lot here in terms of excel. Highly recommend anyone interested in this company to reach out to someone via LinkedIn and get a conversation started.
Stepping Stone Job
This company has a very high turnover to the point that if you reach your one year anniversary, you are considered "senior". There are many problems with this company including low pay, poor hiring practices, lack of opportunity to grow, internal office politics, and general lack of professionalism.

Because of the low pay (which is slightly over minimum wage), they can only attract people who would probably have difficulty getting hired elsewhere.

Almost all promotions are internal, but the problem is that they have the habit of promoting the current management's best buddy and not necessarily the most qualified person. It reached the point where great managers run for the hills to work for a better company once they get enough management experience probably because they are tired of covering for incompetent staff.

The unfortunate truth is that this company is overpowered by favouritism so if you are best buddies with management, they tend to give you the shifts that everybody wants to have.

I also don't like how there's lack of discipline towards lazy staff. Meanwhile they take the hardworking staff's efforts for granted and they expect those staff to do the work for multiple people.

The irony of this job is that coworkers and management stressed me out more than the customers. I have met some good managers and coworkers, but unfortunately most of the good ones left which made me think that they are probably too good for this company.
Pros
Transit Subsidy
Cons
Payment is on time
Easy job
- Poor management (Lead & Manager), due to poor listening to coleagues/co-workers.
- Leads/Supervisors are irresponsible, when needed.

- Short & improper on-the-job training, led to negative differentiations.
My expieriance has been very educational
I had a lot of fun at Dexterra , the Management Staff were great , the Staff was great , it was both educational and self - rewarding . I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a job.
Incompétence notoire
Une expérience stressante et peu satisfaisante
Piètre qualité de gestion du personnel et de la cuisine

Embauche de personnel non qualifié et non supervisé
Not a great enviroment
worked with them for about 4 months. NOT a great work environment.
Management was cold and uncooperative and made the whole work place hostile. Personnel were unwilling to properly train.
Stressful, disorganized
Longest 10 months of my life, culture was non-existent. Pay was poor, stress was constant. People constantly called in sick, many had to work two or three jobs to survive
Dexterra lives their core values
I am so grateful to be part of a highly skilled team. Dexterra is building a strong brand with people first. Challenging status quo and collaborative diverse thought is welcomed. I feel the best of the best do very well here.
Great Job Bad Management
i enjoyed the work until we lost employees and a vital machine and didn't have them replaced, having all the work put on our small team making things very difficult.
very nice working place
Dexterra company is very nice and friendly company.
I recommend my friend to apply here and the management is very nice.

This is fast facing work but I really enjoyed working at Dexterra.
Demand loyalty but give none in return
Was replaced as soon as I had my program area up and running well, they hired a much less experienced person for much less money and fired me without cause. The new guy didn’t last long. Upper management believes all jobs are easy except theirs. No understanding of front line work
A very cheap company with extremely poor leadership and ethics. You are gone as soon as they find a cheaper way and they will not pay overtime but expect you to be available 24/7 and work weekends. Look elsewhere, there has to be something better!
Decent place to work
Can't complain about my time at Dexterra. HR was slow with some stuff, but my manager and colleagues were great people. Some of the processes were a pain (especially anything established by head office) but it was generally not a bad place to work.
terrible rotten place
There was no one who knew what they were dong. They made an assumption about you and you were branded that for the rest of the time you were there. Management was like a little kid wanting to be told how good they are. It was like working in a warzone.
Working with dexterra is a blast
I would recommend that they give a raise to their employees if $1.00 every 6 month depending what they are doing. Offer a paid time out to seek help if suicide thoughts come in ur head. Just enuff time to set up a councilor.