Dexcom

Dexcom Employee Reviews

Management in turmoil - assignments are changing all the time
Dexcom has a fascinating product and the work is interesting. However, the management is constantly changing and work assignments vary from day to day. It's difficult to finish anything when the end is a moving target.
Good intentions, terrible hr through agencies.
If you're hired through an agency, if you don't like it withing the first few weeks I suggest leaving. Don't waste your energy with a company that doesn't trat everyone equally.
Productive and Fun work place
Working for a Growing Business is a challenge but also a great learning experience for anyone who likes to grow with a company and grow as a person. Face challenges and overcome them
they got a ping pong table
At Dexcom it was a good company at first, but management weren't so friendly towards employees, and health conditions of employees, they worried about there product more, then you, and if they dont like you they will fire you due to their personal reasons.
NO Management Accountability!... Pay is Great, get your money and get out! Supervisors work hard, Managers do nothing and are recognized for it!
Members of management could do NO WRONG! From terminations and discipline for speaking out about wrong doings, to not seeing a manager for MONTHS at a time! Go in, do your job, and say NOTHING about Managers who are completely absent, do not communicate urgent last minute changes that seem to happen hourly, and make sure if you're working here, it's 1st shift! Any other shift comes with no recognition, no support with issues, career development, or Human Resources involvement. Lastly, if you do talk to HR, understand that their 1st priority is not your complaint, but how to silence you from speaking against your superior manager, and when they can't do that, they will intentionally look for the smallest reasons to terminate you because it's less work than actually dealing with the problem, which their "growing pains" have left inexperienced individuals in charge of dealing with to begin with! Great medical tech company with an amazing purpose who will deliver outstanding results at the expense of their Supervisors and direct labor workers morale, career development, advancement, and sanity! Drastic changes in management and Human Resources is NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!
so-so
a little bit secretive and all those promises that they will bring has not been delivered. benefits are good. salary is at par. management is uhh somewhat disappointing.
just try
Work 4 days in a week scheduled to work 10 hours everyday,start at 4 am,and at 6 am will take our lunch,10am second break and at 12am our last cbreak,then off @ 2:30 pm.
Productive and meaningful job
This company is amazing, all the way from training program, to management, purpose, and employee and customer happiness. You always feel great going to work knowing you're making a difference in peoples lives
Company and management SUCKED!!
No one there was an actually a mature professional adult. There was office politics so horrible that management not only initiated, but perpetuated in the negativity of slamming fellow employees. There was harassment and bullying occurring on a daily basis of which management did absolutely nothing to resolve. There was
Terrible Management
The company is very unorganized, play favoritisms a lot so it’s hard to learn and grow with the company. It’s hard to gets days off, you will get points if you sick in the hospital or even if you have an emergency and has to leave early. Bad company to work for
Great Place To Work
Great job, great atmosphere, ways to move up in a growing company. Keep a positive outlook, work hard, be consistent, learn all that you can. Company is growing fast, and will be hiring more staff. Unfortunately, my only issue is not being hired as a Level 3 employee but they are utilizing my skill sets and background within a Level 3 position.
This was a temporary position
Since this was temporary position I did not receive benefits and a modest pay as the agency received most of it. Everyone was cordial and professional. My supervisor worked with my schedule and allowed me to come in earlier in order to beat the traffic.
Operator 1
We would split in teams of eight for assembly lines and work in a fast but safe pace manner. The assembling of a product that helps out people with diabetes really impacts on the effort that I wanted to put in. My coworkers were amazing for the most part but, management was terrible. Managers were outsourced from completely different companies to work with us. Instead of the assembly line asking the supervisor or manager for help on how to perform our job; it was the other way around. I enjoyed making a difference in peoples lives, but my team was very limited because we had to worry about doing our job and part of our supervisors job.
Pros
Working for a good cause, Overtime
Cons
Training is terrible, Management isnt there to help, Poor Supervision for such a delicate product
Work in progress
Dexcom is a growing company experiencing growing pains. Their corporate office is in San Diego and the Mesa location is trying to find it's way. They are definitely growing but the upper management team is disconnected to the needs of the people on the floor. Seems benefits originally offered are slowly being taken away. The tasks in themselves are easy but boring and you stand/sit 11.5 hours a day doing the same thing over and over. Favoritism is rampant by lower management and only a select favored few are given the chance to learn so they can grow. If you are on the night shift you are unimportant to the upper staff as all classes, extra activities and "important" knowledge offerings are aimed at the daytime crew. HR and office personnel are not scheduled during night crew hours and you must see them on your own time during off hours or days. After working there a year and a half we learn that new hires are being brought in at $2-$4/hr more than us even though we have the same experience background as they do prior to hiring. If you do apply make sure you get in at an Operator level that is conclusive to your manufacturing experience. If you have at least a year of manufacturing experience prior you should be able to be hired in higher than a level 1 employee. Dexcom likes to tell their employees to consider their job a career but to advance you pretty much have to kiss butt and be on someones favorites list. Moral right now is low because of changes going on due to growth. They keep moving us around and we feel insecure.
There are good things though such as yearly
 - more...
Hard working
Management is very restrict the company policy. Working environment is friendly and clean. Every one is needed to go to work in time. Assigned job is needed no error in order to get promotion within 1 year based on management review.
Sorrento Valley
Great place to work. The product has helped many people manage diabetes. Onsite gym and nice campus with stock options which are great too! Only complaint are the tight parking spots.
Great
Great for assembly work. The atmosphere isn’t the best but good for people who just want to make a paycheck. The work is simple and overtime is always an option
I was let go cause I broke my thumb and didn't have the sick or hours to be off work but I still worked after that then one day I was called and told not to show back up cause I missed to many days.
It was a good job
If you like working OT and don't mind being suited up in a clean room it's a fine job. You work hard and the day goes quick but easy to burn yourself out if you work too much. I liked that job though and thought it was a good experience.
Hard-working, but fun work environment.
The team culture was fun, but everyone worked hard to produce. While there was no implicit rule about working a lot, everyone did so anyway. I had the flexibility I needed to work comfortably, but the oversight and structure where I never felt helpless when i was stuck. Overall, the people made it a great workplace to be.
workplace with pingpong table
fast paced
trained very well

not much flexibility with the schedule

hard to get promoted

lack of employee recognition

good management at the same time bad at handling employee problems
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexcom. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9