Dexcom Employee Reviews

Dexcom is an amazing place to work!
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 February 2019
Great organization! I would highly recommend Dexcom to professionals who are looking to be challenged and who are naturally driven individuals. This is a rewarding fast past environment!
Isr
Insurance Sales Representative, Eastridge staffing (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ6 February 2019
Management lacks direction and is hyper focused on being the top Sales team but provides very little training or resources to teach how to do the job, employees are thrown into the deep end to sink or swim. Most coworkers are very friendly and easy to get along with and do their best to train while working to complete their own assigments. Overtime is plentiful and necessary to try to keep up with the work load unless you luck out and start with a small teritory to cut your teeth on.
Pros
good pay and bonuses
Cons
poor managment and uneven territory assignment
Reasonable pay rate but not a good job culture place
Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA18 January 2019
The company provides very good health benefits and a reasonable salary in exchange for demanding workload and pure job culture. Lacking integration between managers and departments caused an unpleasant working environment here.
It's a position for the right person
Production Operator I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 January 2019
As a production operator, a typical day working would be starting as early as 4AM in the morning and ending as early around 1:30PM or around 2PM in the afternoon.
I learned that the work environment is only fast-paced because co-workers would rush and push you. I learned within this "diverse" group that everyone could give you a cold shoulder and disrespect you. Whether that be verbally in another language, or straight up to your face with a hint of condescension.
Workplace culture is like family. However, because this diverse group has their ways, I did not want to mold in with them, because I do not want any part of them.
The first hardest part of the job was constantly working in a repetitive motion. The second hardest part of the job was that I started to see a certain buddy system that was working with each other to the point where it ran this department, to the point where a few genuine hard working individuals were not handed an opportunity in the department. The third hardest part of the job was the long hour and no room for growth in the company. It's a job to pay bills and accumulate income, but this lead to a no work-life balance and "crab-like" mentality.
The only thing I enjoyed working here is that I came across very few genuine co-workers who made my day easier. And the fact that what I was doing in my position was helping for those who are in need.
Pros
two ten minutes breaks, half hour lunch, free lunch sat or sun depending on work schedule, company's direction
Cons
temp to full time hire position, easily replaceable, no room for advancement, temps are not eligible for benefits
Great Experience
Data Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA9 January 2019
I worked as a Data Intern for three months at Dexcom. Everyone there was passionate about their work and I would highly recommend interning their if given the chance.
Pros
Free lunches, great work environment, passionate coworkers.
Cons
Long work hours
Amazing Experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA3 January 2019
Loved working here. Although it is very high stress enviornment, they definitely make it fun. They care about their employees and their morale. They had many events to keep things boosted towards the end of the high stressed months. I honestly wish I could work here again but had to relocate due to family reasons. Great management and fantastic to see how much it has grown since I left.
Call Center
Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ16 November 2018
This was just a job to get through until I finished school. It was a call center and I have heard from co-workers that this was not bad compared to others. In my opinion, I will never work in a call center again. This gave me the worst impression of what that life is about. I have never been more micro-managed in my life.
Pros
The people I worked with were nice
Cons
The management was a mess.
easy job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ13 November 2018
line assembly is super fun everyone is super nice specially the lead pang vang she's very helpful and friendly she will guide you with everything that you need to know .
experience
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA30 October 2018
Dexcom would be enough for you to pay your bills. you will have a time management depends on shift that you choose. you will have more experience on machines.
it WAS great, but...
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA23 October 2018
When I started, it was fantastic, all about the patients; when I left, I don't even know what it was all about, but not really about the patients anymore. Totally sad, it is a GREAT product, but they are unable to fully support it and the mickey mouse moving things around leaves the patient suffering the most with the employees anxious and stressed and some miserable.
not funny
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 October 2018
management is a joke, if you are not part of the drinking buddy crowd then you are to survive there. favorites are played for sure, money is ok but not enough to invest your time and skills there
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
the job
Churn & Burn
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 October 2018
Dexcom will work you to death. They do not care about their field sales Representatives. The management is terrible. Management will never give you positive reinforcement. Their managers do not go through management training so the majority of them do not know how to manage. Dexcom will churn and burn you. They view you as replaceable.
Pros
Excellent Product
Cons
Overworked, unfair compensation, terrible management
good place to work they have large break room
Operator I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA27 August 2018
good place to work the outfit is good good manager good coworker
clean room to worke i learn alot of think and make good frined the supervisor is knowledge
Pros
free coffe
Cons
short break
Very Productive and fun
Tech Support Agent level 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA20 August 2018
Very Productive and fun due to individuals that are very professional on what they do on a daily basis , also the trainers are very much prepared and know exactly on how to educate their employees .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Poor management
Managed Care Specialist (MCS) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 August 2018
Management at Dexcom is poor and does not care about individuals or home life/work balance. They want to get the most out of the employees by overworking and underpaying them as much as possible. Poor decision making in the long term looks to be their downfall and business needs are up while workforce stays the same or is lowered.
Pros
Team lunches and outings
Cons
mandatory overtime, poor leadership, lack of pay, lack of opportunity
Not quite the workplace I would like to be at
TSR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ1 August 2018
I am more of a procedural technical support representative. They really should hire as a more customer service representative as opposed to technical support
Pros
na
Cons
na
Co-workers are the best aspect.
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ31 July 2018
I learned a lot, I DID a lot. I am one of very few people in Arizona that can set up the last dipping machine in membrane. I was on track to getting hired on at a operator 2. but right before that my grandfather passed away, an the time I missed seemed to effect the position I was getting. so much that they gave it to someone else, I was hired on as an operator one having more skill an knowledge then the other employee. This being the 2nd time I was promised something from them an didn't receive reflects on them to me. mostly when I'm not the only one.
Pros
Cheap food market
Cons
managment
Nice place to work
NAS Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 July 2018
Team-oriented environment where quality of the call is much more important than the quantity of calls taken on a daily basis. Customer were referred to as 'patients'.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
timekeeping portal is inefficient and problematic
Terrible to their employees
Account Sales Specialist -inside sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 9212123 July 2018
they treat their emyployees terrible. They are very over worked and forced to do over time. Most people walk out of their jobs there. They give you no praise. You are always micro-managed. When other jobs need help like the call ceneter they will make you do a job that you arent trained to do therefore your usally job duties fall behind. I WOULD NEVER WORK HERE AGAIN.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
managment and HR
Full time employee
Sr. Oracle ERP Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA20 July 2018
The job experience depends on who you report to.
The customer sales department has a high turn around
This is a successful company, for which I was proud to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexcom. Our community is ready to answer.