Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Fair, balanced and professional organizational culture.
Cost Analyst for Devon's Contractor. (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB1 February 2019
My experience at Devon, while working as a Cost Analyst for their contractor on various well pad modules, was positive & professional, one that exhibited mutual respect and a desire to complete projects on time and within the desired scope.
Student who worked there
3rd class power engineering student (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB24 January 2019
It was alright it paid well, food and board were included. Some of the co workers were kind of rude and I didn't socialize much with them outside of work.
Pros
The pay, the food
Cons
Swapped nights and days every week, I got sick a lot, no medical coverage
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2018
Devon Canada is a great place to work. In my opinion, it's one of the few places that lives up to its values and the people working there largely reflect those values.
Sstems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
Enjoyed every minute working at Devon! The people are great and very friendly.. Great opportunities to advance in learning and career/personal development.. Awesome wellness programs as well.
Would go back in a heartbeat
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2018
Multiple Contracts. Enjoyable employment. graet Camp. Good shifts. Decent Wage. Would return to the company if ever asked to, or if any future projects were available
Great place to work.
Instrument Technician/FMC Trainee (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 August 2018
I enjoyed working for Devon Energy. The atmosphere the employees created made for a great work place. Employees were treated with respect which in turn increases productivity. I was sad to be part of the acquisition of conventional assets in 2014. Hope to be part of another great company like this one!
Very rewarding place to work when i was contracting to Devon
ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
As part of the Technical services department, worked as part of a small team. Work was challenging and rewarding, lots of support from the team members.
excellent company culture
Production Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2018
Good work environment, collective and open minded culture. Good compensation, work life balance, etc.
Management trusts people to do their job, with very little micromanagement going on.
Pros
culture
Cons
energy sector uncertainty
Fun Place to work
Environment & Regulatory Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
Great company to work for with many opportunities for growth. Many opportunities for training and professional development, this company truly cares about their employees.
Workplace is fun and workers are accommodating
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 April 2018
I have so much fun working with the company specially working with my team wherein they are all very helpful, also the environment is so conducive and I fell safe working in the office and at site.
Fun place to work, great accommodations
Materials & Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2018
Jackfish Lodge in Conklin, AB is the finest camp in the region.
All facilities you need including a movie theater, hockey rink & 2 baseball diamonds.
All the comforts of home.
Pros
Too many to list, friendly staff, great food
Cons
zero cons
Great Company to work for
FIELD PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 February 2018
Can't say anything bad about the company or it's culture was a pleasure to work for them. Commodities buisiness and that has it's ups and downs, but thats a risk with almost any job.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Commodity business and the risks that come with it
Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
bureaucratic at times. This irritating that I have to review a company that I did a contract for only 4 months. do not take this as an accurate reflection on devon
Very thorough, expand your mind
EHS Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
With this job you are always learning! Dealing with new health and safety issues daily. You are working with all kinds of people and situations. enjoyed going to work every day.
Productive, Respectful, and Fun Work Environment
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
One thing that keeps Devon above many producer companies is gender equality. This even extends to working in their fields up North. In general, understanding of individuals and their varied needs is well taken into account in this company.
Really good
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 August 2017
was super good to work for, they bought me on with no operating experience and was willing to train me. it was all good until CNRL bought out Devon and I was let go.
Pros
Great area
Cons
CNRL bought them out
great Company
Pipe Desk Coordinator / Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2017
devon was a great company with solid plans in place. They were fair in all aspects, great people to work with. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Really enjoyed the work I did with Devon
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Kontaneelee, Yukon Territory5 April 2017
I got my best work experience while with Devon. they supported me in working up my levels over the years in every work environment they had up to running my own plants and overseeing everything. the staff right to the home office in Oklahoma seemed available anytime for whatever reasons.
IT Asset Management
Lead Analysis (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Devon Energy was a good place to work, lots of challenges to manage the IT Asset management role, including the IT Procurement. Canada had a very good handle on their assets showing a 99% accuracy of its assets and Life-cycle management of the assets.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Some weak management lead me to leave the organization.
selfish, not cooprative and fun work place
operator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB1 September 2016
It used to be a fun, happy and productive place to work, but after some people left, especially some team leaders left , the culture went to down the average ! There was competing or finger pointing or complaining , but not cooperation and teamwork! Some team worker was so selfish, cold hearted, no caring at all and lots of back stabbing, or trying to give bad or difficult time behind! No common rule for each one, so no fairness there, like covering the corresponding course tuition : some people got covered , so they could move faster by taking part in courses in school! A lot of politics , same mistake , but not same treatment for different people ! the culture not for getting work or company business better , but worse! So glad left!
Pros
pay
Cons
selfish, politics and unfairness, no repect for seniors or hardwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2