Developmental Disabilities Association Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 October 2018
Depending on your department the management is great. They do some fun stuff at Head Office sometimes on special occasions such at lunches and birthday cake every month.
Ótima empresa para trabalhar
Trabalhador da Infância e Juventude (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Colúmbia Britânica, Canadá.11 September 2018
Ambiente de trabalho muito agradável, boa relação entre equipe de trabalho, etc.
clients great pay is not
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 July 2018
if you work for them and they put you on nights then jut for gt it. thy pay you less then any other stuff but yet you are awake all night and you have to look after clients on your own,
Good Place to work
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA23 August 2017
Awesome staff and Managers to work for, good benefits and flexible work situations and many houses and different positions and locations to work in . A good organization to work for.
Awesome place to work with good compensation!
DRIVER (FULL TIME) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 February 2017
DDA is the best company I have ever worked for. They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe. The compensation is amazing, and there is plenty of opportunity for growth. The only reason I would leave DDA is to move to a different area.
ok place to work
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2017
its fun to work with people and with people with challenges. They become a part of your daily life. the work is enjoyable when you work as a team. it is challenging when management impose new things that are not well thought of.
Good benefits
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
The pay is okay. The benefits have offset the cost. It really depends on which department you are in and how your coworkers get along with you. I had a great manager that was able to support my needs.
Comfortable place to work at, great company to learn with
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2016
They take care of their employees better than many others, especially if staff follow the guidelines. Strict rules regarding salary, overtime and fuel reimbursement are followed. Work safe coverage is given and senior employees are respected.
Pros
Comfortable work conditions in a friendly company
Cons
Sometimes one has to work overtime without being prepared or prior intimation
Enriching and empowering workplace
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2015
The Developmental Disabilities Association is a great workplace. I am surrounded by supportive people and always given the opportunity to advance my knowledge and skills with online learning courses and interactions with new people. Some days can be long and unpredictable, but making a difference in other people's lives far outweighs this.
Pros
Training
It was a day program where I helped support 30 adult with developmental disabilities
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2014
* assisted and supported different clients in there day to day activities. ie, supported a lift required for an individual to use the washroom, helped remind others of day to day needs like proper food eating skills to avoid choking
Pros
Amazing clients to work with
Cons
limited career advancement
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 May 2013
Nice place to work and learn.
I enjoy working with clients; as well enjoy being responsible for the direct supervision of all staff within the Group
Home and Day Program.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shift work
Working at home is great because I can choose my own hours
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Homr7 November 2012
A typical day of working at home, is I would contact all of the people in our data base, and ask if they have any clothing to donatem, and house hold items, and if they do, I would arrage a pick up time for the donations, by letting the donar know what time the truck is coming, so that they could have the items ready in a bag outside on their front porch with DDA written on the bag.

There were no co workers to deal with, because I worked at home. The hardest part of the job was
when some of people who promised to donate forgot to follow through, even if some one else reminded them. But for the most part 86% of mine did follow through.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would count how many promises of donations I got per hour, and if it totalled to 6.5-7 per hour then I knew I met my quota, and that I had done a great job.
Pros
not wasting time commuting
Cons
there was no cons
Stagnating work
Rehabilitation Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2012
Not productive...not much learning scope - management not very proactive