Deutsche Bahn

Deutsche Bahn Employee Reviews

I worked onsite for Schenker's Key account client for over 9 years. The environment was fast paced and required excellent attention to detail as you were dealing with controlled goods and you could not afford any mistakes. Any errors made would cause major problems of goods being seized or fines being placed therefore no mistakes were made on my part. Hardest part of the job is encountering sticky situations that are beyond your control whether it be weather related that caused goods to be delayed in delivery or mechanical issues. Most enjoyable was working with customers on site and being praised on the exceptional job i did on critical moves.
The overall experience with that company wasn't great. Management for the most part was pretty bad. I would not recommend this company to anyone. The pay was bad as well.
Cons
Most people didn't get paid for overtime and overtime was pretty much expected there.
Good for experience, not good to stay long as salary rate is low. heavy workload and can be very hectic. No room to advance or grow.Too many requirements to satisfy internal system.
Work long hours throughout the month because not enough staff. Also, too much administrative and misplaced work gets in the way of the work you signed up for. Learned you need to work in operations if you want a true understanding of the industry. Management needs to work on succession planning within the department and provide clear objectives for employees to work towards. They are working on workplace culture which is a good thing. Hardest part of the job is staying motivated within current role when unsure of next steps for job advancement if your ambition is to work your way up. If your not concerned about career advancement and just want a job this will be the company for you. Quite stable. Team building sessions are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Promote continuous learning through onsite 3rd party training.
Cons
Little room for advancement. Poor succession planning.
Employers over work employees and pay is very low. Poor management, no room for growth. They expect employees to work long hours without being compensated.
The company betrayed my trust. During the probation period I got reviewed multiple times saying I'm doing great. The manager who's incharge is clueless and doesn't like someone to know more than her. With that being said two month into employment I got terminated without any reason. The funny part asking for record of employment the head office shows active for the last three days. Sketchy company to work for. Also very toxic office like the air quality was so bad people had hard time focusing but I managed to do a lot.
Pros
Salary, weekends off, benefits
Cons
Clueless Manager, unprofessional behaviours and not trustworthy
Middle managers are really bad. Does not respect employee. Worked like a slave and do not pay overtime. Lots of long term employee left due to be under paid Strong Asian culture no respect for the non Asian. Worst global company in Vancouver
I knew this company has a bad reputation, but now I experienced it all myself. You can not learn much there, unless you start in this industry from complete zero. No advancement in work / offering new ideas within department. All same repetitive tasks, with no extra responsibilities to understand and get involved in he whole process of freight forwarding. Sales, customer service, pricing, traffic coordinators - all separate positions, with no cross training. A lot of ppl work overtimes with no compensation for it.
Pros
location, free coffee/tea
Everybody works hard but never hard enough due to the workload. Employee turnover has been frequent due to the aforementioned. Hiring of replacement takes too long.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Slow advancement
always safety orientated. family comes before anything. typical day involves the usual stretches, and team building exercises. not too many hard days.
Repetitive task with less to learn. Management does not consider the capabilities of other employees within the department. If you are looking for career growth, then this is not the place for you. An employee is just a number and can easily be terminated and be replaced at any time.
Pros
Downtown setting, free coffee, nice building
Cons
Strong departmental politics and favoritism
Nice place to work.Free coffee.Workers are nice and supportive.Worked as a team.Work location is a bit far and worked until midnnight.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hrs
great group of employees and fun workplace to be at. nice office at a downtown location which is convenient and refreshing.
Pros
downtown office setting
Cons
repetitive work duties
The place is a good place to work for but sometimes you are placed in high amounts of street because of the fast pace but other then that it is a productive and fun atmosphere.
Pros
good employees
Cons
Stay away from Schenker. Absolutely no management, horrible co-workers and i never felt i was part of the company. I never got any feedback from my boss so i never knew if I was doing what i was supposed to... Most of the coworkers wouldn't even bother saying hi to you, but spent all the time on their phone talking very loud. At the end of the day, i never felt like i meant anything. Bad bad bad.
Pros
Free coffee, location
Cons
low pay, bad management, horrible team, bad company culture.
Review daily startup and previous days KPI's. What are the challenges . Breakdown mixed sku loads. get everything received put everything away. Train new employees on S.O.P.s Find time to talk one on one with employees issues. Coach and Discilpline employees.
Typical day at work consisted of working on a line and opening boxes, to hang and sensor merchandise, then pack it in totes according to correct store #. -hardest part of the job was maintaining the production -enjoyable part was new experience, new friends
Pros
over time
Cons
got sent home early
- mostly night shift, equipment was in short supply and not available - employee rating was tracked by computer - staff was uncooperative to helping others due to loss of production - racking when damaged was unsafe due to freight falling
Pros
Cons
low pay, poor hours, poor training
A typical day includes the start up meeting, where you are assigned your duties for the day, followed by a circle check of your MHE (mechanical helping equipment). From there you would either be pulling full skids for shipment, putting skids away off of the truck, or building "mixed" skids box by box for shipment. This job has giving me addition experience driving walkie, electric counter-balance, and Hyster reach.
Pros
Enjoyable work, fast paced and excellent exercise
Cons
Often asking the shift if they want to leave early, Vto.
Very repetitive, the supervisor was very mean and didn`t give me the legal correct amount of time before letting me go for a very stupid reason. All I did was check my phone for the time to see when my next break was coming up and I was let go on the spot. I have never been on my phone for personal purposes, I always came to work on time and did my job the way I was supposed to if not more and beyond and they didn`t even give me a chance to explain myself. I found this highly unprofessional and they proved to not care for their employees.
Very nice place to work in although I wished I could of stayed longer. If you like to do repetitive work than the position I filled would of been perfect for you!
  1. Employee reviews