Detour Gold Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive with a strong focus on safety
Haul Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, ON5 January 2017
on a typical work day I would :
-Arrive at the dry and get ready for work ; I.E. put on coveralls and other PPE
-Attend the morning toolbox meeting and have a crew discussion on any safety issues from the past shift
-Make my way to my assigned equipment for the shift
-Do my morning walk around and begin working
-After work I would go back to the dry and put my PPE away for the next shift

I have learned lots here, from different perspectives on safety. I learn more each day about the machines and the inter workings of them. I have learned multiple ways in which to encounter various problems faced in a day to day operations.
Management have always been easy to find and talk to when needed and help explain new things or find ways to sort out complications.
The hardest part about my job is being so far from my family, being able to talk on the phone every night helps.
The most enjoyable thing that is the multicultural environment and learning more about people and where they're from as well as working along side these people
Pros
learning many new things, being a peer trainer, full accomadations as its a camp job, fully suplied PPE
Cons
Distance from my family, slow advancement program
Excellent working environment, personable staff, very friendly, good management, professional corporate environment
Corporate Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2014
Very busy corporate office with a great Sr. Management team and a very friendly staff - family atmosphere. A great place to work!
Exploration
Geological Technician (Former Employee) –  Detour Lake, Ontario17 June 2013
12 hour days 7 days a week, 2 weeks on 1 week off. Its full diverse cultures and people. Can be fun to work there if you are into your work. The Exploration area you are seeing new things and trying to help expand the company mine area.
Pros
Benifits