Detour Gold Corporation

Detour Gold Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Great place
Really enjoyed working there in the environmental department. People are kind and helpful. The job can be demanding, but you will be made clear of your responsibilities before hiring.
Excellent camp accomodations
Great place to work, excellent wages. Fun people to work with and had the privilage to make some awesome new friends. The only thing I did not enjoy with DetourGold. Was their ways of transportation into the site location, that was on a charter bus, not a comfortable ride at all.
Detour gold corporation
Detour gold corporation
Very good company I worked at. Very good experience while I was employed there.did a lot of different jobs . Multiple types of equipment.
Great people, great challenges with people who are engaged and want to grow this business. The success is shared with the entire team. You will want to be a part of our team.
Don’t Expect ANYTHING if you have personal/family or your own health issues
When I joined, my role was contractual after ~ 6 months I was asked to join on a FT basis as Tax Manager. The work was great and I enjoyed the people, offices, management as well as incentive schemes, a portion of which were based on the employment contract signed at the inception of when I became a full time employe.

I
Great
Great company to work for, good benefit, all kind of working schedule, 14/14, 7/7, remote site location. Great food nice room at camp, you have to check it out
Great work enviroment
On a regular day at the Cochrane Bus Terminal there were lots of laughs with staff and passengers. It was great meeting new people on a daily basis. Working side by side with great people
Met a lot of new people from different mines.
The camp was clean and efficient.
I enjoyed the work rotation of 7 / 7

The pay and quarterly bonus were satisfactory

Had a brief opportunity to learn new skills on an excavator

Haul Trucks were all in decent shape
Great pay
This is a great opportunity. The environment and co workers help keep ya entertained while away from family. The pay and benefits are a huge help for me and they give you the opportunities you want/need
Pros
Pay is great, people are good.
Cons
Being away from home
great
great place to work, with an awesome safety culture.

Lots of opportunities for growth with the progression plans and the option of lateral movements within the company.
Pros
free lodgings, meals, excelllent bonuses
Cons
cold outside
Productive with a strong focus on safety
on a typical work day I would :
-Arrive at the dry and get ready for work ; I.E. put on coveralls and other PPE

-Attend the morning toolbox meeting and have a crew discussion on any safety issues from the past shift

-Make my way to my assigned equipment for the shift

-Do my morning walk around and begin working

-After work I would go back to the dry and put my PPE away for the next shift

I have learned lots here, from different perspectives on safety. I learn more each day about the machines and the inter workings of them. I have learned multiple ways in which to encounter various problems faced in a day to day operations.

Management have always been easy to find and talk to when needed and help explain new things or find ways to sort out complications.

The hardest part about my job is being so far from my family, being able to talk on the phone every night helps.

The most enjoyable thing that is the multicultural environment and learning more about people and where they're from as well as working along side these people
Pros
learning many new things, being a peer trainer, full accomadations as its a camp job, fully suplied PPE
Cons
Distance from my family, slow advancement program
Excellent working environment, personable staff, very friendly, good management, professional corporate environment
Very busy corporate office with a great Sr. Management team and a very friendly staff - family atmosphere. A great place to work!
Exploration
12 hour days 7 days a week, 2 weeks on 1 week off. Its full diverse cultures and people. Can be fun to work there if you are into your work. The Exploration area you are seeing new things and trying to help expand the company mine area.
Pros
Benifits