Desjardins
Happiness score is 66 out of 100
3.9 out of 5 stars.
Write a review

Working at Desjardins: Latest Desjardins Reviews

Review this company
Job Title
All
Location
Canada959 reviews

Ratings by category

3.9Work-life balance

Search reviews

Sort by

HelpfulnessRatingDate
Found 959 reviews matching the searchSee all 992 reviews

Culture vs individuality

Indeed featured review

The most useful review selected by Indeed
They push for diversity up to a certain point but do not understand your background or respect your individuality. You have to be part of the melting pot at the cost of who you are. Be outgoing / extravert or you won't stay for long.
Was this review helpful?

Horrible comme experience.

Patronne effrayante & intimidante (Monica Gaudreault). Je ne recommande a personne. C’est un milieu de travail malsain et stressant. Plusieurs collègues de travail font subir de l’intimidation aux autres.

Pros

Horaires variables, travail/famille. Avantage sociaux.

Cons

Peu humain.
Was this review helpful?

Insights into Desjardins

Based on 84 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Great place to work for.

Great company, great leadership, and if you work hard and document everything you did in your own development - you will have opportunities to be promoted. The hard part is getting in the door of the company. After that, moving around to different departments is much easier.

Pros

Great manager, can work from home, flexible hours if needed.

Cons

Sometimes will have boring work to do.
Was this review helpful?

J’ai passé de très belles années chez Desjardins

On a dû relever plusieurs défis. On nous a bien supporté. Il y a eu quelques restructurations et des pertes de postes. L’employeur a déployé beaucoup d’énergies pour délocaliser ses employés. La compagnie a pris beaucoup d’expansion au fil des ans. On est devenu une compagnie pan-canadienne.
Was this review helpful?

Horrible place to work

Run. Just run. They’re only now creating incentives to stop the hoards of people from leaving due to an unsustainable work environment after months of people complaining. However these incentives do not include their entry level adjusters, who are just as deserving as all of the adjusters.

Pros

Easily reimbursed for work expenses

Cons

Angry clients, heavy workload, unattainable work expectations, lack of support, will ruin your mental health
Was this review helpful?

Rate your recent company

Share your experience to help others

OK but could do much better

The company is ok on the low overall. Management is messy and contradicts itself often, and often enough puts down employees. Work hours and weekly schedules are a mess. Even with the union on-board, it is not a great work experience.
Was this review helpful?

Quelle belle organisation!

Avantages, collaboration, reconnaissance ! Une super entreprise avec de belles valeurs.
Was this review helpful?

Réorganisation permanente chez GTD

Les gestionnaires a l infra sont incompétent. A la fin de la semaine d intégration , on te fais remplir une fiche de compétence. Aucun intérêt, car on te positionne sur des projets qui ne sont pas dans ton domaine de compétence. Tu ne veux pas de poste de travail, bonne nouvelle tu va faire du poste de travail. Le passage a l agilité est une catastrophe car trop de réticence et les projets n avance pas et ne sont pas livre. Pour résume, j ai démissionné au bout de deux mois comme beaucoup d interne et le roulement est affolent car il y a toujours des réorganisation en permanence.
Was this review helpful?

Good environment

Pay above average, kind people, good training, safe job
Was this review helpful?

Très Archaïque

Une entreprise avec des belles valeurs et une longue histoire.Par contre, c'est très archaïque. Beaucoup de 'dinausaures' n'ayant jamais travailler ailleurs, n'ayant jamais connu d'autres choses. Bref, j'ai été très déçu dès mon arrivée. Très peu diversifié également. C'est très homogène.
Was this review helpful?

stressfull

stressfull and training is useless but you learn a lot, you can practically do any admin work after that. People are not honest cause everyone wants the next promotion, theres office drama like any other office. Lonely job, get ready to be alone all the time at your desk. Learned a lot about financial services though!
Was this review helpful?

Great Canadian Organization

The outcome of one’s experience within the company is completely dependent on the management of the area/office/department. There are some fantastic leaders within the organization and some very toxic individuals. That said, to be fair, they do a good job of extracting bad apples. I would encourage anyone to join the organization if they are looking for long term employment where they can build lasting relationships.

Pros

Great benefits, some paid lunches, good people
Was this review helpful?

Épanouissement

Vie de famille et vie professionnelle équilibré. La formation est complète et bien suivi.
Was this review helpful?

Environnement de travail motivant

C’est une très belle équipe, les employés sont appréciés et les avantages sociaux extrêmement compétitifs.
Was this review helpful?

Environnement de travail propice

Environnement agréable dont règne le respect entre les collègues. Avantages sociaux très importants. Gestionnaires ouverts et justes.
Was this review helpful?

Chargé de projet

Bonne ambiance de travail. Aspect Humain très important et mis de l'avant
Was this review helpful?

Stressant et non humain

Au début je pensais trouver le meilleur emploi Pour moi, mais chez Desjardins on est juste des numéros et on est traité comme des robots.

Cons

Gestionnaire non humain
Was this review helpful?

Best company to work for

They treat very well their employees. Good starting salary. Good benefits. Great people and management. Place for growth and career advancement. Best company I worked for so far.
Was this review helpful?

Environnement stressant, mais gestionnaire à l’écoute.

L’environnement peut facilement être très stressant, mais les gestionnaires sont très à l’écoute.
Was this review helpful?

Environnement de travail très agréable, avec des gestionnaires toujours derrière nous pour nous aidez à avancer et s’amilliorer.

Nous avons accès à des avantages sociaux très avantageux et un salaire compétitif au mérite. Travailler chez Desjardins ces travailler dans une équipe qui a comme seul objectif offrir le meilleure service à la clientèle tout en contribuant au bien être de ses employés. Les gestionnaires sont toujours derrière nous pour nous offrir les meilleures support pour pouvoir exercer notre travail le mieu possible. Ils sont à notre écoute de nos besoin et sont toujours prêt à s’adapter à notre vie personnelle.
Was this review helpful?

Great People and Great Environment

I work at an Insurance Agent’s office which in my opinion would be the way to go. At my particular Agent’s office, it feels like we are all a family. We are very collaborative and constantly helping one another out without feeling like I’m competing against my peers. We have fun, in-office promos that aim to give some extra incentives for high performance, and we always celebrate each of our successes. My Agent is also very relaxed about needing time off and really strives for a great work/life balance. To be honest, my Agent feels more like a coworker or work friend than a boss as they are very encouraging and easy to approach. I find most clients are kind and fun to talk to and any of the “higher ups” in the company I’ve spoken to are very kind and there to help you succeed. The underwriting department and billing department are easy to work with when needed and you begin to form bonds with them over time as well as your immediate coworkers. The only reason I docked a star from the job culture rating is that there are some other Agent’s nearby that are a bit rude and uptight, but as I said, for the most part each person I’ve spoken to is great.
Was this review helpful?

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desjardins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Overall rating

Based on 992 reviews

Ratings by category

3.9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3.9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
3.6 out of 5 stars for Management
3.8 out of 5 stars for Culture

Compare Desjardins with

  • Companies
  • Desjardins
  • Employee reviews